Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live

BadLlama posted:

No thanks, I don't want to grind a single skeleton.

hmmmmmmmmmmmm he doesn't want to kill dudes and take their poo poo... and he doesn't want to run dungeons...

maybe he just wants to be a bitch???????????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Suxpool posted:

hmmmmmmmmmmmm he doesn't want to kill dudes and take their poo poo... and he doesn't want to run dungeons...

Let me correct you, I want to kill dudes and take their poo poo. I don't want to run dungeons. You can't do A without doing B in this game.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

wraith_5_ posted:

I'm sure you, nor most of this thread, have any plans to ever log in again anyway, so no worries there.

For everyone who is actually still playing, what guilds did you end up in? How is the content in Red/Black? I've mostly messed around in the central and western Outlands continents with some red zone roaming for hostiles. Black Zones so far seem to be a good mix of empty, gatherers, and blobs. Red zones have consistent hostiles to farm, and chests/hellgates are pretty good hotspots for PVP. Its not as good as the old Lootbarrows days, but hopefully the new Reputation patch helps bring that back.

lol an unreleased, F2P game in it's paid-early-access phase has "good old days".

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

BadLlama posted:

Let me correct you, I want to kill dudes and take their poo poo. I don't want to run dungeons. You can't do A without doing B in this game.

on the first day i got to t4 in only a couple of hours so the first week you easily could have

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Chomp8645 posted:

lol an unreleased, F2P game in it's paid-early-access phase has "good old days".

lol

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002

BadLlama posted:

BadLlama posted:

You get nothing for killing said mans but their lovely equipment and salt.

:'(

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

:dance:

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

wraith_5_ posted:

...hopefully the new Reputation patch helps bring that back.

I mean its one thing write off 90% of the posters in this thread that did play the game, for several launches, and found that the effort/fun ratio wasn't satisfying and therefore quit - sure.

It's another to think that the new patch will fix things this time, again.

Glad to hear the combat grind has been reduced, but the crafting grind still seems real - with the new boss respawn timers, I assume it's easier than ever to afk at a boss spawn and farm silver to just buy gear?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
I remember the good ol' days when like 5 people constantly farmed carrots or whatever full time to keep stuff going.

Is the carrot rush still a thing?

wraith_5_
Aug 25, 2003

FireWhizzle posted:

I mean its one thing write off 90% of the posters in this thread that did play the game, for several launches, and found that the effort/fun ratio wasn't satisfying and therefore quit - sure.

Glad to hear the combat grind has been reduced, but the crafting grind still seems real - with the new boss respawn timers, I assume it's easier than ever to afk at a boss spawn and farm silver to just buy gear?

They linked their proposed changes to reputation about a week ago. If it goes live as they said it, Red Zone PVP will definitely be back in a big way. And thats what I specifically meant about the Rep patch. It'll have no effect on Black Zone and who cares about yellow?

The crafting grind really isn't so bad. Being able to study finished products for extra fame makes it a lot easier. The gathering is a bit rougher than I remember, but still not just absolutely terrible.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

they killed the carrot grind 2 finalalphabetas ago

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

wraith_5_ posted:

They linked their proposed changes to reputation about a week ago. If it goes live as they said it, Red Zone PVP will definitely be back in a big way.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Lol, who am I kidding, it's still gonna be bad

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

wraith_5_ posted:

They linked their proposed changes to reputation about a week ago. If it goes live as they said it, Red Zone PVP will definitely be back in a big way.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

wait so THIS time its gonna be good???

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
was never not good

nothing is better so it is good

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

what is good? it's all relative really

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
NEO: This... this isn't good?
MORPHEUS: What is good? How do you define 'good'? If you're talking about what you find fun, and what you enjoy playing, then 'good' would mean logging off of MMORPGs forever.

forge
Feb 26, 2006

Kylra posted:

I remember the good ol' days when like 5 people constantly farmed carrots or whatever full time to keep stuff going.

Is the carrot rush still a thing?

Carrot struggles are legit the first 6 days.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

forge posted:

Carrot struggles are legit the first 6 days.

All I have to say is thank Corsair for Scimitar mouse macros. Holy crap that was insane

forge
Feb 26, 2006

FireWhizzle posted:

I don't see how getting to T6 crafting for helm chest boots on my alt in the first 6 days of beta is classified as a struggle. Think about that.. working towards T7 on day 6 of beta. #strugglesarereal.

Also PvE dungeons don't work that way anymore. There is no boss camping. Try the game before everyone poo poo posts this beta. It's actually decent. Release will be decent as well with the changes in the pipe.

It's sad that they really finally seemed to get their poo poo together this beta. Because they really could have used that since alpha. But maybe since they reworked systems 92 times now they are just picking all the best ones from the past. Seems to be the general thing so far this go.

forge
Feb 26, 2006

FireWhizzle posted:

All I have to say is thank Corsair for Scimitar mouse macros. Holy crap that was insane

Farming doesn't work like that anymore at all. The only problem with carrots is its the first thing you can make. If your guild is dumb enough to buy 14 territories on day 1 with no way to feed. Of course food is going to be a bitch.

For some thought. I used a T3 horse with a T4 backpack. Put 50 T3 wheat soup in my inventory and fed a territory for 7 days. You just can't make island farms on day1 because you don't have any silver.

forge fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Mar 31, 2017

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

forge posted:

It's sad that they really finally seemed to get their poo poo together this beta.

Running around looking for casual fights and kills is loving stupid. Everyone can escape you and finding people randomly out in the wilderness blows. I feel like there are so few people playing compared to beta1.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
You should talk with oatmeal then. He's killed tons of people solo.

wraith_5_
Aug 25, 2003

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

Running around looking for casual fights and kills is loving stupid. Everyone can escape you and finding people randomly out in the wilderness blows. I feel like there are so few people playing compared to beta1.

Or go to a Warcamp. or a Hellgate. Or a chest. Or a farming cluster node. The people are out there.

And no, "everyone" can't escape you. Tackling is different now than pre-gallop days but I've figured out how to make it work now. Quarterstaff + Hammer combo is still gonna tackle the gently caress out of anyone and everyone short of maybe another quarterstaff with a high tier horse.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

ya idk it's waay too difficult to catch people the game sucks rear end right now

also it sucks that you're only allowed to kill 2 people a day before you're sent to the black.

wraith_5_
Aug 25, 2003

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

also it sucks that you're only allowed to kill 2 people a day before you're sent to the black.

Source your quotes

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
killing people in dungeons is still fish in a barrel :bernin:

i won't argue that solo pvp is retarded because you have to be a sperg of oatmeal levels to make that poo poo work for you consistently (i mean this in the nicest way)

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

forge posted:

I don't see how getting to T6 crafting for helm chest boots on my alt in the first 6 days of beta is classified as a struggle. Think about that.. working towards T7 on day 6 of beta. #strugglesarereal.

Also PvE dungeons don't work that way anymore. There is no boss camping. Try the game before everyone poo poo posts this beta. It's actually decent. Release will be decent as well with the changes in the pipe.

It's sad that they really finally seemed to get their poo poo together this beta. Because they really could have used that since alpha. But maybe since they reworked systems 92 times now they are just picking all the best ones from the past. Seems to be the general thing so far this go.

That wasn't a poo poo post - that was real, actual things that happened. The game was a loving disaster from launch until now (allegedly). I literally used to farm all my cash just camping dungeon bosses and some poster above said that was increased now, so I was asking a question.

I know you are defensive about this Really lovely Game Until Now, and I am sorry I've offended you.

On a forward note that's really good about the quick crafting xp if you truly can grind out T7 in a real life week not playing every waking moment, so much that I might play again if true. I don't really mind spending time to find targets, I just don't (and I'd say a majority of this game's target demographic) want to spend hours farming gear because it's super boring.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

FireWhizzle posted:

I know you are defensive about this Really lovely Game Until Now, and I am sorry I've offended you.

:a2m:

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

FireWhizzle posted:

On a forward note that's really good about the quick crafting xp if you truly can grind out T7 in a real life week not playing every waking moment, so much that I might play again if true. I don't really mind spending time to find targets, I just don't (and I'd say a majority of this game's target demographic) want to spend hours farming gear because it's super boring.

2DCAT fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Apr 3, 2017

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales
I'm actually surprised ive been able to scam people still by doing the same old tricks... Nothing like stealing an ox full of high end mats with the promise of grinding them into more mats.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Tempus Thales posted:

I'm actually surprised ive been able to scam people still by doing the same old tricks... Nothing like stealing an ox full of high end mats with the promise of grinding them into more mats.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

you know me, I like doing God's work.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
When are you making the goon guild TT?

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

forge posted:

When are you making the goon guild TT?

There are no real goons in this game yet. But if anyone is going to play use my referral link: https://albiononline.com/?ref=UPED54CMQY

Tempus Thales fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Apr 3, 2017

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
AO is pretty irredeemable at this point, IMO.

There are some guilds that are diehard and going to play, but to justify wasting time in AO, even in its current state is pretty laughable. I realized after Beta 1 this game was going to be DoA if they stuck with the core rated PVP/farming systems they did, and that'll be the hill they die on.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Kimsemus posted:

AO is pretty irredeemable at this point, IMO.

There are some guilds that are diehard and going to play, but to justify wasting time in AO, even in its current state is pretty laughable. I realized after Beta 1 this game was going to be DoA if they stuck with the core rated PVP/farming systems they did, and that'll be the hill they die on.

I don't think it's that bad. The game has changed a lot, it's not perfect, but it has changed positively. The core rated PVP/farming systems you mentioned are different now with the exception of GvG but now you don't really need to live off a territory principally.

wraith_5_
Aug 25, 2003

Tempus Thales posted:

Almost as easy as wiping out the goon guild wallet isnt it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

That was just a test.

• Locked thread