Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
forge
Feb 26, 2006

Kimsemus posted:

AO is pretty irredeemable at this point, IMO.

There are some guilds that are diehard and going to play, but to justify wasting time in AO, even in its current state is pretty laughable. I realized after Beta 1 this game was going to be DoA if they stuck with the core rated PVP/farming systems they did, and that'll be the hill they die on.

So EVE is dead. Good to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

wraith_5_ posted:

Almost as easy as wiping out the goon guild wallet isn't it?

Stealing an Ox from a pubbie is considerably more difficult. There are psychological variables that you have to guess that involve mathematical equations and constellations as well as goat sacrifice and 3/4 virgin blood.

The other was a penetration test, done at the end of the goon inquisition and now security is impeccable just ask Forge.

Tempus Thales fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Apr 4, 2017

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
How are your t-shirts selling these days?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Tempus Thales posted:

I don't think it's that bad. The game has changed a lot, it's not perfect, but it has changed positively. The core rated PVP/farming systems you mentioned are different now with the exception of GvG but now you don't really need to live off a territory principally.

jesus yer a fkn dobber

It's bad. No it hasn't. No it didn't. Yes, just not in the way you think contributes as a positive. You just basically debunked the point of the game in the last sentence :nallears: Might as well go shoot people in the face on some valve server if dinnae give a shite bout territory, least id be in a team of 10-20 instead of a fiver :chloe:

Lastgirl fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Apr 4, 2017

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live
albion is real fun

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
This thread is more fun than albion.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

BadLlama posted:

That was just a test.

I have no doubt the test will be repeated, given the chance.

Lastgirl posted:

jesus yer a fkn dobber

It's bad. No it hasn't. No it didn't. Yes, just not in the way you think contributes as a positive. You just basically debunked the point of the game in the last sentence :nallears: Might as well go shoot people in the face on some valve server if dinnae give a shite bout territory, least id be in a team of 10-20 instead of a fiver :chloe:

If I hadn't already wasted 10x:10bux: on this poo poo heap, I would play the shadowbane emulator.

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Apr 4, 2017

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Charles Bukowski posted:

This thread is more fun than albion.
It peaked in the last thread with the failed bank theft territory mechanic test severance package.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
here's a real controversy: im going to play albion, online

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Blazing Zero posted:

I'm thinking of playing again too, but only if I'm offered a t-shirt at slightly higher than MSRP.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Lastgirl posted:

jesus yer a fkn dobber

I'm glad that I'm reading this post with a heavy accent.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
That's weird, I read with my eyes. :)

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Charles Bukowski posted:

That's weird, I read with my eyes. :)

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Blazing Zero posted:

yer breakin my heart fam

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Blazing Zero posted:

We all that already paid the Albion tax are going to play it. (for a week at most)

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Fog Tripper posted:

We all that already paid the Albion tax are going to play it. (for a week at most)

Except me, I was definitely double banned by the :si: CEO.

Because opinions hurt feelings

especially my opinions

i guess

:iiam:

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Lastgirl posted:

yer breakin my heart fam

Come to AO to RP as Ed Balls with me.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

2DCAT posted:

Come to AO to RP as Ed Balls with me.

aye

ill give it a week during the final final open beta or whatever lmk

im curious as to how their overhead is doing cos they have to be hemorrhaging at this point hemhawing about directions to take it while people muck about or moved on clearly

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002

Lastgirl posted:

aye

im curious as to how their overhead is doing cos they have to be hemorrhaging at this point hemhawing about directions to take it while people muck about or moved on clearly

seems to be a glut of new players this beta

and i read their claim somewhere that they had over 200,000 people who bought in (at varying levels) before this one started

idk v0v

you should play, it's fun

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Lastgirl posted:

aye

a week into the beta/release AO will be a single player game anyway :smuggo:

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
we're almost a month in and there's still hella people playing

some of the towns are laggy af

hella dude

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Suxpool posted:

we're almost a month in and there's still hella people playing

some of the towns are laggy af

hella dude

the game lost its fun when all the trade routes basically died off and they added in the garbage infamy system that ruined redzone pvp.

having 8 equal entrances to a city is really lovely for people looking to catch traffic. where the hell do i even go to try and get some pvp?

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

the game lost its fun when all the trade routes basically died off and they added in the garbage infamy system that ruined redzone pvp.

having 8 equal entrances to a city is really lovely for people looking to catch traffic. where the hell do i even go to try and get some pvp?

use any of those 8 entrances to leave the city. all the areas around caerleon are pretty ripe with both carebears and full red PKs. it's not really something i've seen in previous iterations of AO. it's pretty cool.

the next patch is supposed to change the rep system i think so it's more reasonable???? idk that's what oatmeal and forge say.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
So I was reading a how-to guide on the current game, and it seems pretty straightforward now. The only part I didn't quite get is they suggested I use this technique to make it a bit more enjoyable as I was trying to reach T7

forge
Feb 26, 2006

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

Rep patch went in today which means you can flag and unflag at will. Basically unless you go on a mega killing spree on the levels of grief guild you won't get kicked out of red. I go pvp with some dudes who have a red alt guild. I run around and find blues for them to kill. Change and adapt. You can't just sit at the city entrance and gank dudes anymore. However there are on average about 5 oxes in each zone around that city on the slow times.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Lastgirl posted:

jesus yer a fkn dobber

ok

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Charles Bukowski posted:

How are your t-shirts selling these days?

Ran out, doing a reprint at the end of the year. All donations going for Autistic Gamers and Lowtax fund for a better Something Awful forums.

beep_boop
Feb 2, 2016
Hello fellow kids

I also hate video games, but got drunk one night and paid for AO to test my computer's ability to download and install a game for some reason. So uhh.. that being said, I think now that the game is set to release I would like to test my computer's ability to also play video games. Maybe even a tablet, I don't know, things could get pretty crazy.

So, are there any plans to create a guild so we all can talk about how much we hate the game together while we 'play' it?

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

beep_boop posted:

So, are there any plans to create a guild so we all can talk about how much we hate the game together while we 'play' it?

yeah, youre the gm! goongrats :)

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Appropriate username because that really sounds like a robot's attempt to slyly join a hoo-man community.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I don't think its necessary to Spy on the goon guild in this dumpster fire beep_boop.

beep_boop
Feb 2, 2016

Blazing Zero posted:

yeah, youre the gm! goongrats :)

Sweet, what could possibly go wrong?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
its bad OP

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Post ITT if you would like a management position in the goon guild which will be created for release. There are currently a number of open positions. Also make sure to list the job title you are interested in.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Master of Arms of Carrot Soup plz

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Is guild bad still available if so I would like to throw my name in the hat for it.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Sign me up for the person that eats all the food out of all the crafting stations.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

I'll be the Senior Director of Getting Ganked

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Also the Treasurer of T1 Stone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002