Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
sign me up for the following positions: the person who complains about pubbies all the time; the person who sells t-shits; the person who tries to get everyone to come to their bad discord channel for...reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wraith_5_
Aug 25, 2003

2DCAT posted:

sign me up for the following positions: the person who complains about pubbies all the time; the person who sells t-shits; the person who tries to get everyone to come to their bad discord channel for...reasons.

Does this position also take all of their in game direction from a poo poo poster who doesn't actually play the game?

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

2DCAT posted:

Of course, if someone here is already fulfilling all of those roles, then never mind.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

wraith_5_ posted:

Does this position also take all of their in game direction from a poo poo poster who doesn't actually play the game?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

wraith_5_ posted:

Heh. The President of Albion Online Goons: The Goon Guild of Goons From Something Awful doesn't have time to play the game.

They must monitor carefully all their spreadsheets and talk in discord/slack. Really the most important part about playing Albion Online is typing in discord/slack.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Sign me up for the position that has the OP for AO so I can stop people from buying and playing this terrible game

ty and god bless

Seriously AO is terrible I don't know how many times this needs to be reinforced. If you are unsure of how to spend your AO moneys, donate it to charity

you will get more benefit from it, and unlike buying AO, will not have the urge to kill yourself two hours later

:toot:

forge
Feb 26, 2006
The guild i'm in has 5 gvgs for tonight..

edit: :toot:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

forge posted:

I hope your combination of 4 buttons defeats the opposing side's combination of 4 buttons

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

forge posted:

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

I like how this photograph shows more than 10 players having meaningful PVPing at the same time.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

2DCAT posted:

I like how this photograph shows more than 10 players having meaningful PVPing at the same time.

lol

ya i mean it looks wicked hype an then yer oan and its :what:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
sign me up for skelatal genocide

theres so many undeads, not enough time

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Accurately portrays my experience

Upon further inspection, this is a T5 plate fire 1h/book fighting a t2/3 (whatever blue is now) loving useless as poo poo broadsword+shield build in cloth lmao.

FireWhizzle fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Apr 5, 2017

forge
Feb 26, 2006
lol

Sword & Board is the best build in the game currently. I poo poo you not look at all the non scrubtier gvgs and each has this build.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales
Sign me up for being the guy running in a world pvp with a meteor strike staff, only to get killed in someone else meteor strike's hologram that I didn't see because everyone was covering the ground.

True Story.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Tempus Thales posted:

Sign me up for being the guy running in a world pvp with a meteor strike staff, only to get killed in someone else meteor strike's hologram that I didn't see because everyone was covering the ground.

True Story.

This is funny because the people you are laughing at were actually PVP'ing rather than complaining about pubbies and trying to sell t-shirts.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

2DCAT posted:

This is funny because the people you are laughing at were actually PVP'ing rather than complaining about pubbies and trying to sell t-shirts.

What is funny is people not letting go of a 4 year old dead horse. But more popcorn for me.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Tempus Thales posted:

What is funny is people not letting go of a 4 year old dead horse. But more popcorn for me.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

not one bit, just boring old joke. but hey if it makes you laugh it makes me laugh. more power to you.

wraith_5_
Aug 25, 2003
Trip report: with the reputation change today we red zone roamed for about 4 hours, netting about two dozen kills (all unflagged). AFAIK none of our guys went from +20,000 to the negative.

Patch owns.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

forge posted:

Post ITT if you would like a management position in the goon guild which will be created for release. There are currently a number of open positions. Also make sure to list the job title you are interested in.

I am posting ITT to laugh at this post.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

2DCAT posted:

Will you also be in charge of doing tests with the exact amount in the goon bank?

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
Can we have guild silver cavity searches

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

forge posted:

I run around and find blues for them to kill. Change and adapt.

ya maybe but i don't want to play this iteration of 'try your hardest to find people and still lose a majority of your kills to cheesey escape builds'

beta 1 had actually good pvp and roaming that wasn't one fight every 5 hours, beta 2 had trade routes that were hella good content

i tried playing last night trying to pvp around caraleon and i found like 4 dudes in 3 hours and i couldn't kill any of them because they just galloped away.

it's not fun

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

ya maybe but i don't want to play this iteration of 'try your hardest to find people and still lose a majority of your kills to cheesey escape builds'

beta 1 had actually good pvp and roaming that wasn't one fight every 5 hours, beta 2 had trade routes that were hella good content

i tried playing last night trying to pvp around caraleon and i found like 4 dudes in 3 hours and i couldn't kill any of them because they just galloped away.

it's not fun

Was that before or after patch drop?

forge
Feb 26, 2006

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

it's not fun

I feel like oatmeal must be the god of PvP because he literally can't avoid getting into retarded rear end fights. Just get in the goon discord and join oatmeal and toots.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
that would mean admitting he was wrong and possibly had the elusive fun, forge

cant have that

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Blazing Zero posted:

that would mean admitting he was wrong and possibly had the elusive fun, forge

cant have that

no fun allowed

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
This thread more than others has me asking the age old question, "why do we post?"

Pruney
Jul 9, 2012

Sexual attraction in this context is not a part of my programming
I thought something interested happened after 40+ posts but no

game is still poo poo

forge
Feb 26, 2006
You get to T3 this time brah?

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Pruney posted:

I thought something interested happened after 40+ posts but no

game is still poo poo

:justpost:

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA

Charles Bukowski posted:

This thread more than others has me asking the age old question, "why do we post?"

Because it's a lot more fun than playing AO.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Are spears any good at this point? All games should have spear specs.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

BadLlama posted:

Just try it out I suppose, if they unfucked broadswords they can unfuck spears

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live

BadLlama posted:

yea some good options in the spear line the heron spear is v. popular this beta

forge
Feb 26, 2006
What Suxpool should have posted was this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdzqfs9GNC8

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

forge posted:

What Suxpool should have posted was this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdzqfs9GNC8

Does the horse whisperer still work? The glaive + movespeed to run down and trebuchet horses back to your group?

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Basically every weapon is viable now. It's really not like it was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Do they still have that silly stacking damage reduction the more people that attack the same target?

• Locked thread