Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Remb
Feb 2, 2014

I'm farming carrots.

edit: apparently the pvp in this open world game is actually a moba? I think I was scammed

Remb fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Apr 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Remb posted:

I'm farming carrots.

edit: apparently the pvp in this open world game is actually a moba? I think I was scammed

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

:perfect:

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

The best part of Korn going backwards, showing that everything he does makes things worse.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
its bad

forge
Feb 26, 2006
That gif is going to to last until this game is gone I'm pretty sure it never gets old.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Kimsemus posted:

i miss you and hope we can kill mans together some in some dumb internet game :glomp:

:yeah:

Worlds Adrift looks promising, just with the usual caveat of thumb twiddling over good/bad in the long run? in the meanwhile

2DCAT posted:

Honestly, it's not really an ambitious idea. They're just doing such a poor job at executing a relatively simple concept.

I was jest tryin tae b polite honestly

obviously a good lot tha did fer berci lad~ :grin:

Remb posted:

apparently the pvp in this open world game is actually a moba? I think I was scammed

The players were astounded by Bercilak's doctrine, "Born on a partially erased white board, Grinding Skeletals in a Cave, 5v5'in and Test-Drivin' Is All I Crave"

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Remb posted:

dude, its not like they didnt show gameplay videos since day 1

SamEyeAm
Jun 6, 2013

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

Mr. Pickles posted:

5v5 was NOT part of the original gameplay when I forked out my founders buy in

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Mr. Pickles posted:

except that wasn't part of the original premise but :frogon:

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Hi Kimsemus. Hi Eonwe. Hi Lastgirl.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Lastgirl posted:

I was jest tryin tae b polite honestly

obviously a good lot tha did fer berci lad~ :grin:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Charles Bukowski posted:

hey

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
its bad

murex
Apr 30, 2009

by Lowtax
is it good?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ya

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Charles Bukowski posted:

Hello :toot:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

tremendous

i expect dozens of people to play it

for the first week

several of those people will be goons

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
i played for about 10 hours and then i got bored, can't wait for next reset so i can do it again.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
gonna play this game then, at some point, i wont. its an allegory for life and death

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

are their different races yet

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

BadLlama posted:

are their different races yet

the indy 500 and the daytona are in atm, not sure about others

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

:newlol:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
if albion is an allegory about life

maybe it should be about not wasting it

because you'd be wasting your life by playing albion

:wooper:

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live
Life does not have inherent meaning; to say that our lives are pointless and our achievements meaningless is to state the obvious. No matter how grand our achievements or how broad their scope, time turns all to dust and death destroys all memory. But that does not mean we cannot ascribe our own meaning to what we do. It is because nothing has meaning unto itself that we are free to create meaning, to make metaphor, and in doing so reflect on ourselves and our world.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

life is an illusion

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

much like the marketing for AO

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

BadLlama posted:

life is an illusion

Time is an illusion.
Lunchtime doubly so.

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos
This game reminds me of the original pre-CU Star Wars Galaxies as far as the player economy/skill trees. Am I far off?

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

LLJKSiLk posted:

This game reminds me of the original pre-CU Star Wars Galaxies as far as the player economy/skill trees. Am I far off?

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

LLJKSiLk posted:

well, its bad

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

eonwe posted:

well, its bad

Much like Star Wars Galaxies: A game we played because there was nothing else, it was new, and it was star wars.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
This has got me thinking that this thinking meme is getting out of hand.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

LLJKSiLk posted:

Yes, you are.

A key difference is that the SWG pre-CU2 were designed with some kind of design forethought and reasoning, where Albion doesn't display any regardless of design area.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Kylra posted:

:regd08:

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos

Kimsemus posted:

Yes, you are.

A key difference is that the SWG pre-CU2 were designed with some kind of design forethought and reasoning, where Albion doesn't display any regardless of design area.

Can anyone recommend something with a similar Raph Koster-esque design philosophy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kylra posted:

• Locked thread