Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Saw this game spike on twitch.tv, thought I'd pick a streamer and give it a look.

Some guy was chopping wood. In between the chopping of wood some monster would ineffectually interrupt him. When he chopped the wood it said "+3 birch logs... PREMIUM: +2 birch logs".

I think I've seen everything I need to see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Lastgirl posted:

let me tell you about the first mmo that made me fall asleep during combat once.

and it was called Albion Online

I know Albion is bad and all but if any game gets this award I think it has to go to EVE.

It's hard to a top a game that moves a 1:20 ratio of game-time/real-time on purpose.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I have never played Albion Online.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Usenet Magic-User posted:

Albion online will make you so bored you'll resub to eve and find it thrilling.

:eyepop:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

wraith_5_ posted:

I'm sure you, nor most of this thread, have any plans to ever log in again anyway, so no worries there.

For everyone who is actually still playing, what guilds did you end up in? How is the content in Red/Black? I've mostly messed around in the central and western Outlands continents with some red zone roaming for hostiles. Black Zones so far seem to be a good mix of empty, gatherers, and blobs. Red zones have consistent hostiles to farm, and chests/hellgates are pretty good hotspots for PVP. Its not as good as the old Lootbarrows days, but hopefully the new Reputation patch helps bring that back.

lol an unreleased, F2P game in it's paid-early-access phase has "good old days".

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Appropriate username because that really sounds like a robot's attempt to slyly join a hoo-man community.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Eonwe is good, and correct.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Lastgirl posted:

its been....

two years?

Early Access.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Oriental Hugs posted:

Is this game going to be f2p? I know there was paid early access of 150 dollars down to 30?

I think it's one of those games where you can play it for free but basically the game treats you like an rear end in a top hat until you pay for a sub.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
150-200 J4Gs

• Locked thread