Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Hats are just what was needed to revive this game. Everyone loves hats!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

I remember the good ol' days when like 5 people constantly farmed carrots or whatever full time to keep stuff going.

Is the carrot rush still a thing?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Charles Bukowski posted:

This thread is more fun than albion.
It peaked in the last thread with the failed bank theft territory mechanic test severance package.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Sign me up for the person that eats all the food out of all the crafting stations.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

This has got me thinking that this thinking meme is getting out of hand.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Is the game good yet?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Hey everyone, we need to build a wall.

Maybe make it out of arrow towers.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

There's enough jaded in this thread to build a teracotta army out of the stuff.

I probably have enough for a couple dozen statues.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Darkfall hacking and duping and such got pretty crazy for a while there until the game more or less died. Albion is at least seemingly lacking in stuff like acid dance parties and lightning tower rave picnics that get patched out as soon as the dev blessed guild gets their skills up the easy way. And I'm pretty sure you can't kill any megabosses for phat loot by putting your horse in a wall for months on end during release. As fun as that time was when we were fighting that huge kingdom roleplaying guild whose name I can't remember, Darkfall was pretty corrupt in a way that AO probably is never going to reach.

I don't think the exact same strategies will be duplicateable in AO assuming you want to own territory though due to the gvg system.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jun 14, 2017

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

All the skeltals worth

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Realtalk, if you wanna do gvg and actually do the esports territory fights you'll probably have to spend quite a bit of time unless they drastically reduced the grind since I last played. If you just wanna log on, chop trees, craft a couple items, maybe kill a couple people if you see them in the half hour you're out and aren't completely outgeared while not with a zerg then you can probably just do whatever for however long. But that's kind of true of most mmos. You'll probably want to spend a moderate amount of time at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Yeah but 4.2 is not going to win you all your esports guild wars unless the power curve had been drastically reduced.

• Locked thread