Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

When?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Lastgirl posted:

where were you on the day Albion Online launched

that's pretty dope

3 days remain

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

I dunno, game doesn't feel that different from before. Better balance and a few new features, but nothing mind blowing.

Honestly the most noticeable improvement is the UI. Some of the QOL improvements they added (like shift click between containers and sorting items) are really overdue.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Grogsy posted:

The instanced dungeons are OP. Worse than open world by a few percent (10-20% less fame) but when you combine total safety plus always full mobs plus rewards at the end that are even better in certain cases than craftable gear...

From instanced dungeons, to mounts that don't despawn when you gather and can be quickly remounted, to "gathering gear".

This game feels like it was designed by people who got ganked one to many times. They liked the concept, they just thought they could remove the risk, that which gives meaning, and keep the content.

Yeah instances dungeons are a weird design decision for a game whose core gameplay is open world pvp.

Gathering mounts and gear are all good in my eyes though. You need players that would rather gather and pve than pvp. I agree with you that the quickmount is too easy of a getaway, weird that they didn't change the timer for hostiles in a specific radius.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

I agree with him. Despite all the improvements (and there have been a lot) I couldn't build up the motivation to log back in on day 3. It's the same old game at its core and grinding out skeletals has lost its appeal.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

honk

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

what is good? it's all relative really

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

I'll be the Senior Director of Getting Ganked

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Also the Treasurer of T1 Stone

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

ya maybe but i don't want to play this iteration of 'try your hardest to find people and still lose a majority of your kills to cheesey escape builds'

beta 1 had actually good pvp and roaming that wasn't one fight every 5 hours, beta 2 had trade routes that were hella good content

i tried playing last night trying to pvp around caraleon and i found like 4 dudes in 3 hours and i couldn't kill any of them because they just galloped away.

it's not fun

Was that before or after patch drop?

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Is kimsemus playing?

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

i print albion forums posts on 60lb linen paper and use it to wipe

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

It's always weird to me to see someone freak out and ban other people when they get personally offended. It screams "I have no objectivity and am a baby!!!". Then I remember that I post on a forum filled with ironic toxicity and so here you either harden up or get ripped into.

SA posters usually think they can give scathing criticism however legitimate and the recipient has to lay down and take it. Since a lot of the internet is a big hugbox, that's not how it usually works (unless you're posting in some other dark corner of the internet). People hate honesty when it isn't what they want to hear and in the spectrum of internet users these guys are big babies.

Basically I'm not surprised at all by this turn of events and it just solidifies how emotionally attached and devoid of perspective these guys are. Maybe the game will be fun for a short bit but I don't see it being successful if they've chosen to cater to their fanbase niche rather than the average gamer.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Suxpool posted:

not that i'm ever gonna defend sensitive people on the internet, but "your company is ran by autistic monkies and you're a poo poo community manager" is the sort of thing that gets you banned pretty much anywhere?

give it a try with lowtax if you don't believe me

Yeah it's taking it a step too far for sure. Just can't relate I guess, because if someone told me that I'd have a hard time giving a poo poo. To each their own though.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Kimsemus posted:

heresy, I say

Hersay, himsay, yousay, isay, wesay, imgay, gameplay?, notha(nks)

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

I like 90% of the people that post in this thread and honestly they may be the only reason I dip my toes in again

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

150-200 players that don't post???

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Suxpool posted:

to be fair i'm pretty sure if we took a poll across everybody in this thread we'd find that there are no good games

All butts online

Rim(job)world

(c)Oc(k)arina of Time

shall I go on????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Blazing Zero posted:

lol @ defending multi million dollar corporations in a dead video game thread just lmao also

Call of Duty: Albion Online

• Locked thread