Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
Do we still grind skeltals for gems for endgame - or has that changed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

forge posted:

Grinding fame isn't nearly as bad as those who don't play the game are making it out to be. Just to be clear.. if you didn't go into a T6+ dungeon then you shouldn't post. I've done nearly 50% of all the faming I'll ever have to do with my cloth armor currently in something like 3-4 days. Currently mastery 47. It wasn't hard or difficult and I've killed more people in the dungeon than I have outside it. Grinding Skeletals is not really a thing anymore. Bosses give 4-8k fame a pop. You can kill a boss on average of one per 5 minutes. Mobs give 400-800 fame.

I'm not saying play now.. I'm not saying grinding isn't dumb. I'm just saying it's not like people are making it out to be. Sure some of the issues are still there. IMO play the game on launch July 13th. Never worry about having to grind again .

Play July 2017 Launch or July 2018 Super For Real This Time Launch**?

On a serious note, unless they cut fame grinds by like 80% then it still holds that its a really awful grind, before the real grind of top-tier gear caches begins. Do the new content mobs that I've seen in the videos give more or equal fame? Are they more accessible?

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

wraith_5_ posted:

...hopefully the new Reputation patch helps bring that back.

I mean its one thing write off 90% of the posters in this thread that did play the game, for several launches, and found that the effort/fun ratio wasn't satisfying and therefore quit - sure.

It's another to think that the new patch will fix things this time, again.

Glad to hear the combat grind has been reduced, but the crafting grind still seems real - with the new boss respawn timers, I assume it's easier than ever to afk at a boss spawn and farm silver to just buy gear?

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

forge posted:

Carrot struggles are legit the first 6 days.

All I have to say is thank Corsair for Scimitar mouse macros. Holy crap that was insane

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

forge posted:

I don't see how getting to T6 crafting for helm chest boots on my alt in the first 6 days of beta is classified as a struggle. Think about that.. working towards T7 on day 6 of beta. #strugglesarereal.

Also PvE dungeons don't work that way anymore. There is no boss camping. Try the game before everyone poo poo posts this beta. It's actually decent. Release will be decent as well with the changes in the pipe.

It's sad that they really finally seemed to get their poo poo together this beta. Because they really could have used that since alpha. But maybe since they reworked systems 92 times now they are just picking all the best ones from the past. Seems to be the general thing so far this go.

That wasn't a poo poo post - that was real, actual things that happened. The game was a loving disaster from launch until now (allegedly). I literally used to farm all my cash just camping dungeon bosses and some poster above said that was increased now, so I was asking a question.

I know you are defensive about this Really lovely Game Until Now, and I am sorry I've offended you.

On a forward note that's really good about the quick crafting xp if you truly can grind out T7 in a real life week not playing every waking moment, so much that I might play again if true. I don't really mind spending time to find targets, I just don't (and I'd say a majority of this game's target demographic) want to spend hours farming gear because it's super boring.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
So I was reading a how-to guide on the current game, and it seems pretty straightforward now. The only part I didn't quite get is they suggested I use this technique to make it a bit more enjoyable as I was trying to reach T7

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

wraith_5_ posted:

Does this position also take all of their in game direction from a poo poo poster who doesn't actually play the game?

Heh. The President of Albion Online Goons: The Goon Guild of Goons From Something Awful doesn't have time to play the game.

They must monitor carefully all their spreadsheets and talk in discord/slack. Really the most important part about playing Albion Online is typing in discord/slack.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Accurately portrays my experience

Upon further inspection, this is a T5 plate fire 1h/book fighting a t2/3 (whatever blue is now) loving useless as poo poo broadsword+shield build in cloth lmao.

FireWhizzle fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Apr 5, 2017

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
Can we have guild silver cavity searches

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Pruney posted:

I thought something interested happened after 40+ posts but no

game is still poo poo

:justpost:

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

BadLlama posted:

Are spears any good at this point? All games should have spear specs.

Just try it out I suppose, if they unfucked broadswords they can unfuck spears

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

forge posted:

What Suxpool should have posted was this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdzqfs9GNC8

Does the horse whisperer still work? The glaive + movespeed to run down and trebuchet horses back to your group?

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

2DCAT posted:

So what you're saying is you are not in the terribly bad guild known as Mostly Harmless.

Guild name was appropriate, would have also accepted Gnats

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
Let me get this straight

1. FW: Albion Sucks
2. Forge: try it first noob
-- tries albion, still boring as gently caress --
3. Previous post

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Malthuras posted:

I started playing at the beginning and quit after I realized that when they nerf something they obliterate it, not just a slight nerf. Think this might be a good time waster when you're bored but nothing beyond that.

Well that's pretty much status quo for AO - luckily there are alot more viable options than there used to be now

(but u must still grind skeltals to use anything)

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Lastgirl posted:

right like when it lavnches, its lavnched and if there hasnt been any real major overhavl...

so... i feel like mmo execvtion really depends on how long yov can generate interest ontop of some dynamic gameplay and choices and AO is pretty mvch rvnning down the clock on what I feel like has failed to come forth from their pretty long testing phases~ Its an ambitiovs idea bvt I feel like they're jvst not execvting it becavse they're missing the trees for the forest

bvt hey we can throw more carrots into strvctvres becavse that makes sense i gvess?~

ftfy

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Remb posted:

I'm farming carrots.

edit: apparently the pvp in this open world game is actually a moba? I think I was scammed

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

eonwe posted:

well, its bad

Much like Star Wars Galaxies: A game we played because there was nothing else, it was new, and it was star wars.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Blazing Zero posted:

here's a little knowledge bomb for ya, an idea if you will:

those games were good because the ideas were brand new. not because the actual mechanics were good

I liked the part where you went combat medic and gave the entire raid v raid terminal fatigue aids with 1 spell, it was 5V5 ESPORTS FUCKIN RAD!!!

also: SWG would have been much more successful if it wasn't a reskin of EQ1 engine lol

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

This is it, this is the final reward when you have grinded enough skeltals.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Kimsemus posted:

that time when our entire 50 man pvp raid was killed by two guys with aoe staves was p good

then :si: was like

but this is how a game should be

It is a good argument from SI that to combat zerg-balling this kind of power should be in play. At the time of the mentioned incident the glyphs were really lovely and hard to see (this has been changed).

In hindsight it's funny as gently caress, and not really a problem with the game. The game is, however, lacking in many areas outside of anti-zerg.

like kill 1 million skeltals this is the game

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

hobocrunch posted:

I totally want to play this game again and its cool to see these familiar faces still posting. (I was that dumb arcane mage from like 1-2 years ago)

Basically this thread is the MMO HMO toilet and we all post here for shits, except for WRAITH who seriousposts that this isn't a bad game.

Glad to see you too friend

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

forge posted:

There is a simple rule of thumb to not getting burned by MMOs. Never play a korean MMO. Germany MMOs however are like volkswagon. You think you've got an environmentally safe car for 2 years then you find out it's causing everyone cancer and putting out 30x the smog. UK MMOs take your money and give grand promises but then only release after they hit financial trouble and you get 1/8 the game. US (after 2004) MMOs get sold to german companies or go out of business before they get released.

Hope this helped!

Fixed! zug zug

I think the market is dead until a solid platform is released, like spatialos but working better.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

working mom posted:

Archeage was great until they made p2w a thing despite all of the stupid poo poo that they did with the lack of known exploit fixes and that stupid weapon tag grind, piracy was the greatest

This was the only good part of ArcheAge:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0w4PbexKtg

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

bird food bathtub posted:

If you want game play criticism here it is: the game play is poo poo.

From day one PvP was a battle of the credit cards. End game content was poo poo when I stopped. The only entertainment was griefing people in ever more elaborate ways and making fun of goons gooning to the Nth degree.

Greifing the swipers was minty fresh

working mom posted:

Huh, I stopped playing before cars, but I don't remember being able to do this to pack tractor things, did they make it so you could do this to them as well? If so that's evil

Tractors are anchored to the ground, cars are not while moving. Once they stop they anchor

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

I just can't wrap my head around why they aren't using a randomly selected distribution of feedback people that covers the different sub-sections of the game. It's pretty standard procedure in software to try and hit a broad spectrum of your userbase, not just the power-users, as it were. An in-game feedback system like BaS, WoW, or SW:TOR used (when they were actually in beta lol) would probably be exponentially more useful than this continued circlejerk that is the RT.

:iiam:

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
Friends, this is why the 30-50-100bux was worth it. The continued entertainment, even after all these years of pre-Alpha BetaAlpha, has been worth it's weight time and time again.

Keep being SI, SI! Here's to ten more betas!

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Kimsemus posted:

What doesn't come out of left field is talented 2DCAT. Don't think I haven't heard your very good tracks sir.

His tunes are kickin rad. I listened to one this weekend and it caused me to build an entire workshop in my garage - spooky stuff

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Snaxxor posted:

TBQH this forum is dead

Im sory for yuor loss.

e: im thinkin bout thos' ebolts

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Breidr posted:

Still on the fence about this game. Seems to be heavily zerg focused and I'm not sure if the whole thing will pan out. Can this game really survive?

this one time they tried to make it anti zerg by making huge aoe scaling spells based on numbers hit

except zergs just used these spells in great numbers so it was a zerg multiplier, a zergiplier if you will

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
Just remember for the price of taking off work for a week to play AO at launch, you could just actually work and make enough money for a trip to real Germany and stay on the Rhine for a few nights.

stay safe poopsockers

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Kylra posted:

Realtalk, if you wanna do gvg and actually do the esports territory fights you'll probably have to spend quite a bit of time unless they drastically reduced the grind since I last played. If you just wanna log on, chop trees, craft a couple items, maybe kill a couple people if you see them in the half hour you're out and aren't completely outgeared while not with a zerg then you can probably just do whatever for however long. But that's kind of true of most mmos. You'll probably want to spend a moderate amount of time at least.

to be fair forge isn't fibbing when he says 4.2 is day 1, they did alot to not lose the dwindling playerbase they had in the first place attract new players - and it may keep the game alive for another month than usual so heres to fun maybe (probably not)

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
man we need some hot leaks

forge?

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

forge posted:

What I like is how everyone poo poo all over this sad game and now that we're less than one month out from release... All the sad poo poo talkers are back going BEST GAME EVER GONNA PLAY RELEASE!!

This is a terribly designed game from the ground up and will be dead in 3-6 months much like AA fresh starts, except for the die-hards. So p typical modern MMO launch.

That said there is fun to be had on launch as usual and well you should have fun. I will say it is 100% not worth taking off work for, and aspiring albioners should just dick around at t4-t6 until they are bored, because going hard in AO leads to nothing but despair and misery.

So yeah, I'll talk poo poo about this lovely pile of poo poo poo poo game all I want and may play for a week or two until bored.

poo poo game.

e: they really just need to adopt the crowfall campaign idea and wipe the game every 6 months.

FireWhizzle fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Jun 19, 2017

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
You know what I miss most about AO?

Full page quote hamburgers, like 4500 pixels long. Those were legit

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
Shadowbane was so good, I liked the part where hackers flew around in dev god mode destroying everyone

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
I've been playing with the EQMS crew for the last week. In that week those that have never touched MOBA style combat have come far enough to spank most shitter guilds I've fought before in AO. Just the other night they started to be able to hold their own against a vet guild choke slaughter.

Progression is happening fast and if you already bought this game - you might as well play with these nerds and have some fun.

Come have fun in this lovely poo poo game imo

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Suxpool posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxZPaq9-Rcg

this is #10 in his series of solo warbow pvp videos so you can also watch the previous 9 if U like

The warbow is fun as poo poo out in Africa, Albion. Nausk is a pretty chill dude too - he comes in mumble sometimes for fight nights if you want to pick his brains about bow stuff.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

So is this thread just to make fun of the game or

P much, it's a really lovely bad bad game that you can have fun in if you like bad games.

It's like the bastard child of LoL, UO, and EVE - with the annoying parts of each bundled into a cornucopia of despair and self-loathing.

That said you can channel the despair and self-loathing unto other players via killing them and that can be p fun sometimes. If you own the game already might as well do something in this dead-mmo-summer-of-2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

you can do the grinding and lovely 60% of the game on a phone

pvp not so much

There was this super nerd in mumble the other night trying to argue with me that you could be a top tier MOBA PVPer on a mobile device.

The next 30 minutes were good times for all.

• Locked thread