Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PsychicToaster
Jan 12, 2010
Forge is ruining Albon Online

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PsychicToaster
Jan 12, 2010
Did they remove the absolutely loving terrible previous tier requirement to craft the next tier? I hated that garbage. It essentially forced you to backtrack or spend silver on lower tier resources to make higher tier stuff. Bad design.

PsychicToaster
Jan 12, 2010
Played for a few hours. Beneath the polish of the new maps, the excellent UI changes, and the changes to the armor/weapon system lie the same issues the game has always had. Meaningless PVE, a grind for the sake of being a grind for crafting/gathering, and even copy and pasted map zones. I actually saw an entire chunk of a map copied and pasted into itself. The expeditions only left me feeling like I had wasted 20 minutes for a mediocre reward and the question of "why did I just do that?".

Maybe my attention span for MMOs is gone, but this poo poo is still boring as hell. I also suspect their stupid requirements to craft a higher tier needing lower tier resources is simply their way of trying to artificially lengthen the game or its a cash shop ploy(my money is on both). Either buy silver with gold so you don't have to backtrack and grind out hundreds of lower tier resources by purchasing them instead, or go gently caress yourself because the soul-crushing grind is here to stay apparently. It doesn't make any sense to me and really seems to push progression backward if you're trying to craft without spending too much silver. Needing to go fetch T4, T3, and T2 to make T5 is just awful. If you're not buying silver, then enjoy even more hours of investing time into grinding silver or hoping lower tier items sell well. It's a trainwreck.

With all the feigned enthusiasm of a millennial being dragged to geriatric Bingo night by his racist grandpa, I'll keep waiting for this game to not suck.

PsychicToaster fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Mar 18, 2017

PsychicToaster
Jan 12, 2010

Suxpool posted:

drat Toaster, you alright man?

Just an honest critique. Nothing more. It's not as though I'm bubbling over with rage, I've just got a rather acerbic disposition when it comes to giving negative commentary.

PsychicToaster
Jan 12, 2010

Fog Tripper posted:

Is there a way to play eve for free?

Sit in a cardboard box with "Spaceship" crudely written on the side in Sharpie. You hopefully have these items on hand already, or the "free" part will not be applicable.

PsychicToaster fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Mar 25, 2017

• Locked thread