Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

forge posted:

THis is the best game currently on the market.

:eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
progression in this game is super easy holy poo poo

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Grogsy posted:

This game feels like it was designed by people who got ganked one to many times.

this is a very good description

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

The map is really bad, it looked interesting at first but it really has no routes where traffic is common, which means predicting where people are going to be is borderline impossible. You basically have to either get lucky out in the open world, camp the city entrances that no one uses because they don't have to, or go to an event to find people.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

yeah same thing here, running around for 4 hours looking for pvp and only finding half a dozen guys is really lovely.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

BadLlama posted:

Let me correct you, I want to kill dudes and take their poo poo. I don't want to run dungeons. You can't do A without doing B in this game.

on the first day i got to t4 in only a couple of hours so the first week you easily could have

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

forge posted:

It's sad that they really finally seemed to get their poo poo together this beta.

Running around looking for casual fights and kills is loving stupid. Everyone can escape you and finding people randomly out in the wilderness blows. I feel like there are so few people playing compared to beta1.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

ya idk it's waay too difficult to catch people the game sucks rear end right now

also it sucks that you're only allowed to kill 2 people a day before you're sent to the black.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Suxpool posted:

we're almost a month in and there's still hella people playing

some of the towns are laggy af

hella dude

the game lost its fun when all the trade routes basically died off and they added in the garbage infamy system that ruined redzone pvp.

having 8 equal entrances to a city is really lovely for people looking to catch traffic. where the hell do i even go to try and get some pvp?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

forge posted:

I run around and find blues for them to kill. Change and adapt.

ya maybe but i don't want to play this iteration of 'try your hardest to find people and still lose a majority of your kills to cheesey escape builds'

beta 1 had actually good pvp and roaming that wasn't one fight every 5 hours, beta 2 had trade routes that were hella good content

i tried playing last night trying to pvp around caraleon and i found like 4 dudes in 3 hours and i couldn't kill any of them because they just galloped away.

it's not fun

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Blazing Zero posted:

that would mean admitting he was wrong and possibly had the elusive fun, forge

cant have that

no fun allowed

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Malthuras posted:

Is the grinding still retarded amounts before you get the decent poo poo?

it's not a lot if you've been playing since reset, it's actually pretty manageable and you can do it in pvp gear while you look for people to own

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Tempus Thales posted:

Oatmeal has been owning a lot of peeps.

you're in a dream

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

i played for about 10 hours and then i got bored, can't wait for next reset so i can do it again.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

'toxicity'

aka explaining the problems of the game out in the open

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

eonwe posted:

i was only pretending to say the game was bad and it's actually good

Same

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

forge posted:

So it's taken the devs two years to get to our point of view. Maybe in another two years AO will be a good game sorta like we need it to be.

I think release reality is sorta finally sitting in.

what makes you say this? are they fixing the game?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

forge posted:

The idea of gear caps in yellow and red.

you are the cancer that is killing this game

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

forge posted:

Gear caps in GvGs not open world.

no gear caps ever please

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

forge posted:

There should be gear caps in yellow zone gvg because it's where newbs practice. If they went up against red army with 8.3 you would never win, and never get any decent practice because you would be camping the tent the entire GvG. Sometime makes me think you haven't actually done much GvG.

it's a sandbox, lovely players should get stomped by bigger and better groups

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

2DCAT posted:

Forced 5v5 shouldn't even be in a sandbox tho lol

agreed

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Suxpool posted:

gvg is dog poo poo

also agreed

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Berious posted:

I'm glad this stupid loving game is nearly out so I can carebear and call gankers psychopaths IRL because I got killed then bitch on the official forums until they add Trammel

:cry:

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

as long as i can base out of the red city and while killing more than 2 dudes a day i'm good, problem is catching horses sucks balls without zoom or esp hacks

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

remove yellow zones they're a joke anyway. make the yellows a red zone

the only thing black has is its no notification of groups of 10 or more people on the minimap (as is)
red zones no longer tell you how many hostiles exist in the zone

only let gallop work on roads, and if you change directions on the road you lose gallop for 5 seconds.
damage to mounted people bleeds through to their hp again
introduce lots of long duration moderate effect slows into the game (poison arrow is a 15% slow over 12 seconds)
if you're in combat you're locked from running into another zone

T1-T4 is available in blue zones, T5-7.1 are available in the red.
T7.2+ are available in the black zones

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Fog Tripper posted:

I just wish I could change my login so I can sell my legendary founder account. :(

ill buy it from you for 3 dollars paypal

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

same but my bitching instead

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Kylra posted:

Is the game good yet?

they effectively removed the infamy system, so yes, close enough

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

everyone i talk to say roaming this game in the open world for fights sucks rear end and makes the open world feel dead as gently caress

where the hell is the pvp? I have no interest in doing STRUCTURED 5V5s in the form of hellgates or gvg, i want natural, open world pvp.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

i'm good with goon wallets, someone give me access and i'll secure it for us

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

i'm probably going to play this game a bunch for the first week just to kill mans and then quit

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Blazing Zero posted:

i dont think kimsemus plays bad video games and well, this one is the worst

kimsemus has played albion online and eve online so

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

selling my 100 dollar account 50 dollar pm me

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

also i forgot to mention i only accept payment in person, and i don't accept money ;)

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

hey guys, just bought my something awful account so i can play with the two goons that are going to be playing this game

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Suxpool posted:

i bet on launch probably 30-40 goons will be playin but that number will drop quickly

ya i meant day 2 not day 1 sorry for the confusion

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Turd Herder posted:

Is a first gen Iphone enough to play this skillfully?

you can do the grinding and lovely 60% of the game on a phone

pvp not so much

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

you can be 90% as good as the best player by using a mobile device, it will just take you 20x longer to master it.

Usenet Magic-User posted:

In 13d : 13h : 42m : 35s we can finally give this game the burial it deserves

gonna just kill as many dudes as i can while the game is hot then drop it, and refund my purchase for the third time

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Zotix posted:

Or you could, you know, not be a piece of poo poo.

too late for that, the trifecta of getting hosed by ccp, trion, and SI has made me permanently bitter towards all video game developers (other than bluehole) to the point where anything i can do to kill a game i will do with the intent to poo poo on the developers as much as possible.

i am an incredibly petty and spiteful rear end in a top hat who has no limits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

I exchanged money for a game that has since abandoned its core principles and changed, a game where the developers ban people for voicing opinions (aka toxicity) and pretend big problems don't exist with defiant and nearly unintelligible posting.

• Locked thread