Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
AO is pretty irredeemable at this point, IMO.

There are some guilds that are diehard and going to play, but to justify wasting time in AO, even in its current state is pretty laughable. I realized after Beta 1 this game was going to be DoA if they stuck with the core rated PVP/farming systems they did, and that'll be the hill they die on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Fog Tripper posted:

We all that already paid the Albion tax are going to play it. (for a week at most)

Except me, I was definitely double banned by the :si: CEO.

Because opinions hurt feelings

especially my opinions

i guess

:iiam:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Lastgirl posted:

aye

ill give it a week during the final final open beta or whatever lmk

im curious as to how their overhead is doing cos they have to be hemorrhaging at this point hemhawing about directions to take it while people muck about or moved on clearly

a week into the beta/release AO will be a single player game anyway :smuggo:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Sign me up for the position that has the OP for AO so I can stop people from buying and playing this terrible game

ty and god bless

Seriously AO is terrible I don't know how many times this needs to be reinforced. If you are unsure of how to spend your AO moneys, donate it to charity

you will get more benefit from it, and unlike buying AO, will not have the urge to kill yourself two hours later

:toot:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

forge posted:

The guild i'm in has 5 gvgs for tonight..

edit: :toot:

I hope your combination of 4 buttons defeats the opposing side's combination of 4 buttons

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
This thread should be gassed before anyone gets confused and naively buys Albion thinking it's good.

PROTIP: It's not. :toot:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

wraith_5_ posted:

Does that mean you won't be playing? Because if so that's a pretty good selling point for playing Albion. Would be nice to finally have a Goon Guild that you won't taint.

I would retort, but you're really not relevant enough for me to remember. :toot:

Ruggan posted:

Is kimsemus playing?

I'll play if they unlock my account. I know AO will be terrible but it might be good for some shenanigans for a week or two before it gets stale.

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Apr 9, 2017

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Lastgirl posted:

i think so

its still bad tho but im gonna give it a shot but it wont change the fact that its bad because im willing to give people the benefit of the doubt as insane as that sounds

I'll probably at least check it out at launch, but my forum account is banned and my game account is banned for "RMTing"

I don't know how you can RMT in a beta of Albion, but :ok:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Lastgirl posted:

right like when it launches, its launched and if there hasnt been any real major overhaul...

so... i feel like mmo execution really depends on how long you can generate interest ontop of some dynamic gameplay and choices and AO is pretty much running down the clock on what I feel like has failed to come forth from their pretty long testing phases~ Its an ambitious idea but I feel like they're just not executing it because they're missing the trees for the forest

but hey we can throw more carrots into structures because that makes sense i guess?~

i miss you and hope we can kill mans together some in some dumb internet game :glomp:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

2DCAT posted:

Honestly, it's not really an ambitious idea. They're just doing such a poor job at executing a relatively simple concept.

Bercilack and :si: team:

Hey how do you make a simple top down grind/pvp game with simplistic controls and graphics and make it fun?

Okay take all those good ideas and loving never speak of them again and do the opposite because gently caress you that's why. :wooper:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

:perfect:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Mr. Pickles posted:

dude, its not like they didnt show gameplay videos since day 1

except that wasn't part of the original premise but :frogon:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Charles Bukowski posted:

Hi Kimsemus. Hi Eonwe. Hi Lastgirl.

Hello :toot:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

tremendous

i expect dozens of people to play it

for the first week

several of those people will be goons

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
if albion is an allegory about life

maybe it should be about not wasting it

because you'd be wasting your life by playing albion

:wooper:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

LLJKSiLk posted:

This game reminds me of the original pre-CU Star Wars Galaxies as far as the player economy/skill trees. Am I far off?

Yes, you are.

A key difference is that the SWG pre-CU2 were designed with some kind of design forethought and reasoning, where Albion doesn't display any regardless of design area.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

eonwe posted:

"sandbox MMO" in 2017 means open PvP basically

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

eonwe posted:

i actually like open PvP in theory, but if thats all the game is then it ends up not being a ton of fun as an MMO

that time when our entire 50 man pvp raid was killed by two guys with aoe staves was p good

then :si: was like

but this is how a game should be

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

BadLlama posted:

kim was deleted from the game for real though

:pusheen:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Blazing Zero posted:

the circles are hella visible now and arent why the game is bad. the game is bad because forums poster suxpool and kimsemus, say it is bad

but i am basically the mmo hmo prophet

if i say a game is bad it usually is

but then almost all mmo games are bad anyway

maybe im just paying the odds

:iiam:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
IMO :si: should gas Albion and then the mods should gas this thread

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Blazing Zero posted:

youre here, welcome

this, except

not this

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

lol if you play a game that unironically employs people who got fired from developing eve online

:allears:

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Apr 18, 2017

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

forge posted:

There is a simple rule of thumb to not getting burned by MMOs. Never play a korean MMO. Germany MMOs however are like volkswagon. You think you've got an environmentally safe car for 2 years then you find out it's causing everyone cancer and putting out 30x the smog. UK MMOs take your money and give grand promises but then only release after they hit financial trouble and you get 1/8 the game. US MMOs get sold to german companies or go out of business before they get released.

Hope this helped!

:iiapa:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

SamEyeAm posted:

Upon launch I shall name my character "Kimsemus" (since it will be available).
I will be the biggest cheerleader for AO.
I will poop sock and praise the 5v5 system.
There must be balance in the universe.

heavy is the head that wears the crown friend! :toot:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
TBH sucks about RT because I feel like forge was a good guy in there and took it seriously.

But they ban people even in the public who openly deride and chide their dev process, even when presenting clear evidence so not surprised. I think it should be accepted the game is doomed, and pretty much dead on launch.

I'm all for optimism (lol jk no im not) but I think any holdouts need to accept this abortion of a development for what it is. :wooper:

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Apr 27, 2017

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

forge posted:

:words:

The current GM of Core has something in common with you Kimsemus.

Yeah this pretty much sums up SI dev competence. Can't tell you how many threads I made about the same issue that never got fixed, or how many threads I made explaining even the basic mathematics across their gearing and grind was wrong. But :wooper:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

2DCAT posted:

Woah, this comes out of left field.

What doesn't come out of left field is talented 2DCAT. Don't think I haven't heard your very good tracks sir.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Blazing Zero posted:

what im saying is, you should consider upgrading your founders packs in light of these improvements to albion online

consider upgrading it to a "chargeback pack" via paypal if you've purchased the game within the last 6 months.

bonuses include:

- avoiding a sunk cost fallacy
- getting your money back
- doing it guilt free, it's not your fault you bought into SI's snake oil promises

:toot:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Keegers posted:

I wouldn't have a problem with gvg if it wasn't player capped. A guild should be able to zerg 100 tier 3 players if they want. Newbies will have to use numbers vs gear/skill. And if a mega alliance takes over, eventually internal strife and regular player bullshit will break up the alliance.

it's almost like you want a sandbox mmo

heresy, I say

decide the fate of your alliance by poopsocking and self-cucking so your 5 man dream team can defend all your land

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

forge posted:

It's totally a good game for hardcore pvp players. Of course goons are not that.

hardcore pvpers loving nothing more than long CD abilities attached to a long global CD they can play on their phones while taking a dump at work. :allears:

• Locked thread