Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

CompeAnansi posted:

How is :thinking: not an emote here yet?

cos 2DCAT is stealing it from C-SPAM and they have all asked this question too~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
where were you on the day Albion Online launched

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
let me tell you about the first mmo that made me fall asleep during combat once.

and it was called Albion Online

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Tempus Thales posted:

I don't think it's that bad. The game has changed a lot, it's not perfect, but it has changed positively. The core rated PVP/farming systems you mentioned are different now with the exception of GvG but now you don't really need to live off a territory principally.

jesus yer a fkn dobber

It's bad. No it hasn't. No it didn't. Yes, just not in the way you think contributes as a positive. You just basically debunked the point of the game in the last sentence :nallears: Might as well go shoot people in the face on some valve server if dinnae give a shite bout territory, least id be in a team of 10-20 instead of a fiver :chloe:

Lastgirl fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Apr 4, 2017

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Blazing Zero posted:

here's a real controversy: im going to play albion, online

yer breakin my heart fam

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

2DCAT posted:

Come to AO to RP as Ed Balls with me.

aye

ill give it a week during the final final open beta or whatever lmk

im curious as to how their overhead is doing cos they have to be hemorrhaging at this point hemhawing about directions to take it while people muck about or moved on clearly

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

2DCAT posted:

I like how this photograph shows more than 10 players having meaningful PVPing at the same time.

lol

ya i mean it looks wicked hype an then yer oan and its :what:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
sign me up for skelatal genocide

theres so many undeads, not enough time

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Ruggan posted:

Is kimsemus playing?

i think so

its still bad tho but im gonna give it a shot but it wont change the fact that its bad because im willing to give people the benefit of the doubt as insane as that sounds

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Kimsemus posted:

I'll probably at least check it out at launch, but my forum account is banned and my game account is banned for "RMTing"

I don't know how you can RMT in a beta of Albion, but :ok:

right like when it launches, its launched and if there hasnt been any real major overhaul...

so... i feel like mmo execution really depends on how long you can generate interest ontop of some dynamic gameplay and choices and AO is pretty much running down the clock on what I feel like has failed to come forth from their pretty long testing phases~ Its an ambitious idea but I feel like they're just not executing it because they're missing the trees for the forest

but hey we can throw more carrots into structures because that makes sense i guess?~

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Kimsemus posted:

i miss you and hope we can kill mans together some in some dumb internet game :glomp:

:yeah:

Worlds Adrift looks promising, just with the usual caveat of thumb twiddling over good/bad in the long run? in the meanwhile

2DCAT posted:

Honestly, it's not really an ambitious idea. They're just doing such a poor job at executing a relatively simple concept.

I was jest tryin tae b polite honestly

obviously a good lot tha did fer berci lad~ :grin:

Remb posted:

apparently the pvp in this open world game is actually a moba? I think I was scammed

The players were astounded by Bercilak's doctrine, "Born on a partially erased white board, Grinding Skeletals in a Cave, 5v5'in and Test-Drivin' Is All I Crave"

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Kylra posted:

This has got me thinking that this thinking meme is getting out of hand.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Blazing Zero posted:

here's a little knowledge bomb for ya, an idea if you will:

those games were good because the ideas were brand new. not because the actual mechanics were good

huh

how about that

i think u r onto something here n should publish this

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Blazing Zero posted:

the circles are hella visible now and arent why the game is bad. the game is bad because forums poster suxpool and kimsemus, say it is bad

*sigh*

sure its a weed joke

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
its been....

two years?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

2DCAT posted:

It's always a good sign when you take on Chris Roberts' mindset of banning any and all the criticize your game, regardless of platform that the criticism occurs.

Man, this poo poo used to happen before Chris Roberts. He just made it very high profile because of all the literal high stakes involved.

I don't get developers with a persecution complex and the fact they're so common lmbo. It's like the worst thing to have if you want to get into this industry because poo poo is competitive and you need to be able to take some criticism to actually improve but no go ahead and let that ego swell :allears:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
heh jokes on them, i was only pretending to buy this game so that i could pretend to play it and pretend to enjoy it

how does it feel to know that it was meaningless :twisted:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

2DCAT posted:

Forced 5v5 shouldn't even be in a sandbox tho lol

[extremely berc voice] Clearly I am destroying your preconceived dimwitted notion of how game mechanics impact player behavior especially in a sandbox by adding anti-sanndbox mechanics because thats edgy and fresh and its something nobody has ever done. Btw I'm banning you for disagreeing, later loser. Yer gonna be missing out on the greatest mmo of all time lmbo

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Blazing Zero posted:

*looks up from a handful of notecards* says here that its *grimaces* ooooh sorry. its bad

ahhh stop messing with my head tell me if its really good or bad

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

forge posted:

hardcore pvp players

hehehehehehahahahAHAHa

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Suxpool posted:

just play its a fun game

wow rude

dont tell me to "just play"

now otoh if u said

"please play, its a fun game."

but i wont because your constant demands and this and that :negative:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

whoa hold yer horses buddy

give it a chance, its only alpha of the beta of the delta version

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
*polishes turd*

Albion Online is good now imo

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Suxpool posted:

taking all this very serious aren't you

lmao

Suxpool posted:

oh blazing posted in the thread i wonder what he had to say said noone

i wonder what he had to say

there i said it actually

and it is that albion is bad

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

forge posted:

Ruggan your better off playing this much worse game worlds adrift with us. Since we can also infuriate pubbies with full pvp even in the starter t1 zones.

he's not wrong, its fun to plant bombs on rickety ships

do it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
i will launch it and it will be bad and then i will close it, no problem. :thumbsup:

• Locked thread