Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wraith_5_
Aug 25, 2003
Ill be testing my 4-plot of stalls in Ft Sterling aka Jita

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wraith_5_
Aug 25, 2003
Like the other guys have said, if you have the fortitude to play a player driven economy/full loot drop style game you'll enjoy this. I went full economy this beta: I haven't left Ft. Sterling since I ran into it 5 minutes after launch. Up to 10 years of Premium so far. Stalls own.

wraith_5_
Aug 25, 2003

Almost there

wraith_5_
Aug 25, 2003
Come join CIR, we kill dudes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpDxAt2zvyg

wraith_5_
Aug 25, 2003

BadLlama posted:

You get nothing for killing said mans but their lovely equipment and salt.

What else do you need? They even added a killboard with leaderboards to make you e-penis bigger.

The problem with all the goon guilds wasn't the ability to equip the gear, even the casuals sorted that out with no issue. The problems began when folks couldn't replace their pretty new gear after PVP. Most goons were absolute poo poo at making money and in Beta 1 at least the guild "leadership" did absolute piss all to help with regearing players.

Which is a shame really because that guild had a pretty good core of guys to play with, and it attracted a lot of casual players to come out and do poo poo.

wraith_5_
Aug 25, 2003

You can be T5 in less than 2 hours into the game if you're playing with a guild. I think you'll be aight not getting that 1337 PVP f4m3.

wraith_5_
Aug 25, 2003

BadLlama posted:

No thanks, I don't want to grind a single skeleton.

I'm sure you, nor most of this thread, have any plans to ever log in again anyway, so no worries there.

For everyone who is actually still playing, what guilds did you end up in? How is the content in Red/Black? I've mostly messed around in the central and western Outlands continents with some red zone roaming for hostiles. Black Zones so far seem to be a good mix of empty, gatherers, and blobs. Red zones have consistent hostiles to farm, and chests/hellgates are pretty good hotspots for PVP. Its not as good as the old Lootbarrows days, but hopefully the new Reputation patch helps bring that back.

wraith_5_
Aug 25, 2003

FireWhizzle posted:

I mean its one thing write off 90% of the posters in this thread that did play the game, for several launches, and found that the effort/fun ratio wasn't satisfying and therefore quit - sure.

It's another to think that the new patch will fix things this time, again.

Glad to hear the combat grind has been reduced, but the crafting grind still seems real - with the new boss respawn timers, I assume it's easier than ever to afk at a boss spawn and farm silver to just buy gear?

They linked their proposed changes to reputation about a week ago. If it goes live as they said it, Red Zone PVP will definitely be back in a big way. And thats what I specifically meant about the Rep patch. It'll have no effect on Black Zone and who cares about yellow?

The crafting grind really isn't so bad. Being able to study finished products for extra fame makes it a lot easier. The gathering is a bit rougher than I remember, but still not just absolutely terrible.

wraith_5_
Aug 25, 2003

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

Running around looking for casual fights and kills is loving stupid. Everyone can escape you and finding people randomly out in the wilderness blows. I feel like there are so few people playing compared to beta1.

Or go to a Warcamp. or a Hellgate. Or a chest. Or a farming cluster node. The people are out there.

And no, "everyone" can't escape you. Tackling is different now than pre-gallop days but I've figured out how to make it work now. Quarterstaff + Hammer combo is still gonna tackle the gently caress out of anyone and everyone short of maybe another quarterstaff with a high tier horse.

wraith_5_
Aug 25, 2003

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

also it sucks that you're only allowed to kill 2 people a day before you're sent to the black.

Source your quotes

wraith_5_
Aug 25, 2003

Tempus Thales posted:

I'm actually surprised ive been able to scam people still by doing the same old tricks... Nothing like stealing an ox full of high end mats with the promise of grinding them into more mats.

Almost as easy as wiping out the goon guild wallet isnt it?

wraith_5_
Aug 25, 2003

2DCAT posted:

sign me up for the following positions: the person who complains about pubbies all the time; the person who sells t-shits; the person who tries to get everyone to come to their bad discord channel for...reasons.

Does this position also take all of their in game direction from a poo poo poster who doesn't actually play the game?

wraith_5_
Aug 25, 2003
Trip report: with the reputation change today we red zone roamed for about 4 hours, netting about two dozen kills (all unflagged). AFAIK none of our guys went from +20,000 to the negative.

Patch owns.

wraith_5_
Aug 25, 2003

Malthuras posted:

I started playing at the beginning and quit after I realized that when they nerf something they obliterate it, not just a slight nerf. Think this might be a good time waster when you're bored but nothing beyond that.

Plenty of weapons that have been nerfed and are still great at what they do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wraith_5_
Aug 25, 2003

Kimsemus posted:

This thread should be gassed before anyone gets confused and naively buys Albion thinking it's good.

PROTIP: It's not. :toot:

Does that mean you won't be playing? Because if so that's a pretty good selling point for playing Albion. Would be nice to finally have a Goon Guild that you won't taint.

• Locked thread