Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
forge
Feb 26, 2006

Kimsemus posted:

hardcore pvpers loving nothing more than long CD abilities attached to a long global CD they can play on their phones while taking a dump at work. :allears:

You must not be hardcore enough, and that's ok! Part of being hardcore is having hardcore 15 minute cooldowns. Part of being hardcore is GvGing on an iphone4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forge
Feb 26, 2006
LG lets be hardcore WA players.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
wait until eq aa, only 4.5m skelats until +0.2 sword damage 0/3000

forge
Feb 26, 2006
They are sticking to the july 17th release deadline. But I'm sure stuff will continue to change just as if it was beta.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Some seriously decent changes in there.. Looks like all my bitching didn't go for nothing.

forge
Feb 26, 2006

Kylra posted:

Is the game good yet?

no

forge
Feb 26, 2006

FormerFatty posted:

Some questions about this game's current state to those who have suffered through beta:

1. How bad is the grind to become PVP competitive?
2. Can you roam around the world with a gank squad ganking people?
3. I run the fairly large UO goon guild(dont laugh too hard) -- what are the sizes of the largest guilds playing albion?

Your not hardcore enough for this game..

1) grind isn't that bad to get skills. Keeping yourself in the best gear requires paying chinamen or you having savvy enough social skills to delude people into doing this for you for free.
2) yes obviously full loot pvp.
3) 300 man I think maybe its up to 500 now. Alliances of like 4k currently in game. Guild size means nothing and alliance size inst capped so its infinite.

forge
Feb 26, 2006

BadLlama posted:

Did they change medium armor so there was actually a point to using it? Like a year plus ago all it did was add +CC time (Think it was broken anyway and didn't work) you did less damage than light and had far less defense than heavy.

default gvg superstar spec is plate helm, leather chest, and plate boots, unless your daggers, then its leather boots. Leather is the happy medium.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
I feel like every 30 pages of the AO thread I see a formerfatty introduction post. It gets followed by some stuff about greatness and inevitably the letters U and O. My suggestion for you is to I don't know play the game a bit before you decide your going to create some goon guild ignoring like 200+ goons who've tried the game over the past 2 years. Also an alliance with mostly harmless is a pro tip. I highly suggest this.

forge
Feb 26, 2006

Loco179 posted:

We already have 20 plus playing! Come on and play with an established group. We are UO players looking to do what Goons do.

Also we love feet pics!

Whats your guild name in AO?

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Actually Suxpool is toots, and oatmeal never posts here. Those are the last two goons playing this bad game. I'm not even sure with perpetual WA updates in the pipeline that I'll even play launch of this game.

Again basically you need to GvG to be something in this game. Open world means nothing. And if you can't farm 24x7 to have the best of the best you won't be able to GvG with the kids to live in moms basement. So GL.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Ruggan your better off playing this much worse game worlds adrift with us. Since we can also infuriate pubbies with full pvp even in the starter t1 zones.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
I think our guild name should be FORUMSDOTSOMETHINGAWFULDOTCOM because this actually works in game.

also this game proved that goons don't work together, only 3 do and the rest want hand outs.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
People arguing about how certain groups run the entire outlands. Korn pitching ideas, and random robin posts.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
What I like is how everyone poo poo all over this sad game and now that we're less than one month out from release... All the sad poo poo talkers are back going BEST GAME EVER GONNA PLAY RELEASE!!

forge
Feb 26, 2006
What should I update..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forge
Feb 26, 2006
warbow is the best for solo pvp.

• Locked thread