Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

tithin posted:

(OFS, you are welcome to reprise your class rundowns now)

I am allowed gameplay spoilers re. equipment and spells, right? Talking about the Valkyrie with only its starting gear is... hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

I am allowed gameplay spoilers re. equipment and spells, right? Talking about the Valkyrie with only its starting gear is... hard.

Yes, that's fine.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Lenneth the Valkyrie because we could always use more Valkyrie Profile in our lives

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

This is a really cool game with a terrible endgame and systems that strongly discourage you from actually seeing any of the sidequests and other routes.

That one playthrough I did of Law was pretty neat though.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

tithin posted:

I just loving love the look these guys give her there.

Yeah, nice internalised sexism, sis!

(though to be fair Ravness might not have made the best first impression with such an incredibly Mary Sue name)

Trick Question
Apr 9, 2007

So knights are meant to be walls of meat?

Sounds like a job for Sir BEEFTANK, the hunk of knightly flesh.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Our Archer should be called Snipette. Female, if the name didn't make it obvious.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
In classic D&D tradition, the completely originally named Nerraw the wizard.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Warrior: MEAT TANK (all caps is necessary)
Archer: Legolass
Wizard: Draziw Elam
Cleric: HEALBOT
Rune Fencer: Inigo

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Valkyrie: Lenneth
Archer: Bowen (male)
Wizard: Rentach

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

Yeah, nice internalised sexism, sis!

(though to be fair Ravness might not have made the best first impression with such an incredibly Mary Sue name)

Catiua and Vyce are just full of rage.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
can we call the knight Hambeet and instead of rampart aura he distracts the enemy with puns and dad jokes

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~
If you're still open, only names I can think of are TF2 ones :v:

Heavy the Knight
Medic the Cleric
Snipah the Archer

That and

Useless the Rune Fencer

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

That'll do it. I'll get started in the next day or so. Next update will be a big one.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

love your new avatar btw Tith :buddy:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Now that we're past that point, can someone explain the emptyquote joke?

Do the freebies have any special qualities like the three you get at the start of Chapter 2 of Final Fantasy Tactics?

Can you rename people once they are hired? I haven't played this game since it came out and have been playing a lot of Battle Brothers lately, where using the barber to completely reinvent a man is a thing.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Mar 27, 2017

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

marshmallow creep posted:

Do the freebies have any special qualities like the three you get at the start of Chapter 2 of Final Fantasy Tactics?

No. They are generic.

Characters in this game fall into three categories.

Generic (normal stats)
Semi unique (generics with higher stats and set names on joining but minimal to no storyline implication)
Unique (high stats, personality, storyline impact, possible unique classes)

quote:

Can you rename people once they are hired? I haven't played this game since it came out and have been playing a lot of Battle Brothers lately, where using the barber to completely reinvent a man is a thing.

I don't believe so, but I haven't checked specifically

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

In part 16 of what I suspect will be a neverending saga, my steam controller is out of charge, so I won't be working on the LP tonight as planned.

In summary though, for the five minutes I got to play, you can't rename existing characters, only generics you're buying for the first time, and people you're firing all have a guilt trip at you before you get rid of them

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

tithin posted:

In part 16 of what I suspect will be a neverending saga, my steam controller is out of charge, so I won't be working on the LP tonight as planned.

In summary though, for the five minutes I got to play, you can't rename existing characters, only generics you're buying for the first time, and people you're firing all have a guilt trip at you before you get rid of them

Just like real-life!

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Episode 4 - The gloves are off

Farewell lovely generics who i've never used in a playthrough ever.

You can also try to get rid of Catiua and Vyce but they refuse to go.

Hiring a new character allows you to select their alignment, and rename them. This is the only way to rename characters as you cannot rename any characters currently in your roster that I'm aware of.

Say Hello to Lenneth the Valkyrie, HEALBOT the Cleric, Snipette the Archer and Martine the warrior Where'd Martine come from? I must have forgotten to rename someone and I can't be hosed fixing it now. MOVING ON.

We discussed skills in previous updates, and I explained that they mostly fell into Weapon Skills, Active Skills Passive Skills and Utility skills. There's a lot of them, and your access to both learn and use skills is gated by the class you use. Some classes can learn certain skills, but other classes may be able to use them even though they're not learnable directly by that class.

You can have up to 10 skill slots, with learning skill slots taking 30sp for the first one, and increasing in price by 30sp per skill slot you unlock. The final unlock therefore costs 300SP.

Most classes come with a "class defining" skill in the early game, and a late game one also.

For warriors that early game skill is "Mighty Impact" which gives you a 100% chance to crit / hit with a melee attack, for the cost of 40 Tactical Points (herein referred to as TP) - this is a resource you've probably seen as a golden bar in some of my screenshots. By default, you can have up to 200tp, with some skills increasing that by a flat numbered amount.

TP is used for active Skills, such as Mighty Impact, as well as finishing moves which will be demonstrated later in the update.

Finishing moves require some explanation also, they're functionally high damage limit breaks that can only be learned when you rank up a weapon skill.

Say, hypothetically, I start Levin in daggers and learn the associated skill. He starts at level 1. Learning and progressing in weapon skill is gated by doing damage, so the more damage you do the quicker you rank up. You unlock the first finishing move at rank 2, and I believe every second level after that up to a maximum of rank 10.

I mentioned prior that Counterattack was a skill. There are 4 ranks and it is a passive skill, unlike weapon skills which rank up with use, Counterattack is a passive skill whos use is gated by the classes level.

Counterattack 1 has a chance of countering either with a ranged or melee attack (depending on what you've got equipped) for 25% of your normal "auto attack" damage. I believe the last rank unlocks 100% of normal damage.

Each new recruit starts with 100SP and two skill slots open. Clerics are kind of dull in the early game as their early game unlocks require a lot of SP, but a cleric can't do poo poo without Divine Magic talent, so we take that for HEALBOT.

Tremendous Shot is essentially Mighty Impact, but for ranged attackers. We want that ASAP as we can basically use it to one or two shot squishies from across the map but lack the SP as we've had zero archers in any of our battles to date.

We therefore invest 50SP into Trajectory, which I'll demonstrate later. It's an extremely effective QOL skill for the archer.

(Canopus doesn't count, both as a guest and because he has a Semi-Unique class, the Vartan, which is like a cross between a Valkyrie and an Archer).

Martine, our warrior, I'm going to focus on 2 handed swords. Unfortunately I can't use those right now, and the best defensive option for her is an axe, so I get both Skills.

Not Screenshotted: I got my Valkyrie, I think Air Magic, and Nerraw Earth and Fire Magic skills.

Before we can get to the Port, we need to pass through Tynemouth Hill. The fact it's coloured red indicates that there's a battle waiting for us there.

For this battle we can have up to six active characters, and we have two guests, being Vyce and Catiua over in their own little chessboards.

: I am Canopus. Step forward and meet your fate, dogs!

3 Warriors, 2 Archers, 1 Wizard

Canopus isn't loving around and moves up, dunking on Caesaria for 37 damage.

Snipette moves up as far as her move will allow. You can see her range of attack in yellow, but unadvertised is that you Can shoot outside that range with Bows (but not Crossbows), depending on your height and the enemies, you may even land the hit.

That's what Trajectory is real useful for. It'll tell you if your target is a viable hit or not.

Vyce's turn is up and he uses it to poo poo on the birdman. I thought it was meant to be the other way around?

: Stubborn as ever, eh? How did one so young grow so thick of skull?

: Thick? I'll give you thick!

In case it's not super clear here, but Vyce just chucked a stone at Canopus's face.

: Ow! Not the Wings!

: Vyce! Control yourself!

Not having any valid targets that aren't on his own team, Vyce moves up and does nothing in a sullen silence.

This won't be demonstrated in this fight, but we now have access to Chariot, which allows us to try out things without commiting to them. Simply take your action, observe the result, and if it's to your satisfaction leave it. If not, press L and move back however many actions you want to, up to 50.

The original turn of events will be stored, and the new actions will branch off from there.

Caesaria walks up and cracks Canopus in the face for 42 damage which isn't insignificant.

I gently caress up here, misrecognising Martine's sprite for Lenneths and use her air scroll which does an ok amount of damage considering it came from a warrior, but now leaves Lenneth without skills to cast in the fight. Whoops.

HEALBOT moves up and drops a heal on Canopus from a scroll, learning it simultaneously. She can now cast it from the Divine school skill she learned earlier.

Nerraw moves up and drops a Vulcan Lance on Caesaria dropping her to 6 hp.

Snipette's up again and takes a shot at Caesaria, and loving whiffs it.

Enemy Archer moves up and aims for Lenneth, hitting her for 28 damage.

: What's the matter? Lost your nerve?

: Or has the nagging of your pacifist sister unmanned you?

: Always hiding behind her skirts.

: Thick of skull and a bully besides.

: That's enough squawking out of you, bird-man!

Vyce lobs another loving rock at Canopus which hits, again.

Position matters for chance to hit kids.

Levi takes his Vyce induced frustration out on Zerig, the Warrior. Critting him for 45 damage.

Dauid, the other enemy warrior walks up and punches Vyce, doing what I'm pretty sure is high on Canopus's list at the minute.

Zerig's up and he hits Canopus for 25. Canopus crits on the counter.

Canopus finishes off Caesaria

Martine smashes Zerig down to 35 hp.

HEALBOT drops a heal on Lenneth who's taken damage somewhere along the way.

The second enemy archer gets a turn and shoots Canopus for a small amount of damage. Canopus returns fire.

Just to give a rough idea of how we're doing.

Lenneth gets a turn, and you can see here that spears have a two tile range, hitting both. They're sort of weak in my experience, but then I rarely use this class in general.

Snipette continues to disappoint. Each attack has a small variable range (usually a few points) of doing slightly more or less damage than advertised. I was hoping this'd finish off Zerig, but no joy.

Nerraw doesn't have a ranged weapon so defaults to throwing stones, which on a mage does gently caress all damage.

so he defaults to a Vulcan Lance. It's overkill, but I don't have much else in the way of options to kill him before his turn is up.

Ladislas the Archer takes a shot at Nerraw and Dauid moves up to take advantage, the pair of them knock Nerraw down to 10hp, marking the first time one of our units has hit critical HP. Remember what Catiua said? Your squishies really cannot take hits. They're not built for them, and your enemy will prioritise attacking them at all times, as you should.

Levi strikes Ladislas in revenge for almost killing Nerraw.

Yeah, I covered this earlier.

Canopus also strikes Ladislas, knocking him down to 10 hp also.

Martine moves up as far as she can reaching Dauid, however she can only attack him front on, meaning she's got a 61% chance to hit.

This aint xcom though.

Healbot and Catiua both drop a heal on Nerraw.

Snipette drops a bomb on Ladislas and kills him.

Nerraw breaks out the fire, and learns fireball to go with Vulcan Lance.

Canopus takes a shot in the face.

Lenneth finishes off Dauid

Canopus unleashes his finishing move on the Archer. Finishing moves are neat. They take exactly 100tp to cast, but use all of your TP AND their damage scales with the amount of TP used.

They also have a chance to apply a debuff on your enemy, that's dependant on the move used. With Dark Weight, it has a chance to apply leaden to anything that survives it, meaning that they can't increase their height by jumping to higher platforms

Snipette's too far away to hit Orba, who's now all by himself. Undettered he makes the right choice and attacks Vyce with a Fireball. (it's called Sparksphere, but who gives a gently caress)

Vyce, Levi and Canopus finish off Orba, with Levi showing off Mighty Impact. From memory, crits do about an additional 50% of regular damage.

Canopus now officially wants to join our crew, purely out of spite.

Canopus is as close as a middle finger as the game gives you to use on your enemies.

Height means nothing to him. He has good stats to make good use of his bow. You do want to cross him to archer eventually in order to make good use of the great bows, but in the early game Vartan is good enough with 1 handed bows that you dont need to worry too much.

Random Battles are a thing but are completely optional. You are not bound to fight them and the game doesn't judge you for running away from them.

but I do

We also unlock the "Warren Report"

What this is is a number of things. At its overview it gives you an idea of your basic battle stats, and it also gives you options to access the story timeline to date, a list of events that you've seen (and some that happen without Levis knowledge which serves to give more story background)

"Tidings" is sort of like, a review of the events that have occurred to the party to date. Cutscenes are stored here, and they can also be accessed via the timeline.

It is also used to unlock sidequests in the game, so the game really does expect you to read this poo poo, which isn't such a bad thing.

"Talk" is what the general public are discussing, news from the realm. Sidequests and news can be found here also, including stuff Levi doesn't personally witness. There can be story critical stuff in here.

There's also a "People" section with entries for major and minor characters. I am not going to touch this because it updates all the loving time

The last thing is "Titles" which is sort of like an ingame achievement system. You earn titles based on story choices and accomplishments. There's also a few exclusive titles for not having any of your characters be knocked out, or for not using the chariot system and the like.

I'm sure you can imagine why those are difficult as gently caress to obtain.

Next time: We turn Levi into a knight I think.

tithin fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Mar 28, 2017

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

willus posted:

team empty quote strikes again

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

quote:

Hiring a new character allows you to select their alignment, and rename them. This is the only way to rename characters as you cannot rename any characters currently in your roster that I'm aware of.

Aw, you're not keeping that one are you? Wondered for a second how I missed someone wanting to name a character after Gillian Triggs. That could be a cool name if you ever hire some more generics later.

quote:

Vyce lobs another loving rock at Canopus which hits, again.

This version of the game doesn't do the "training" thing anymore where you take 2 teams of your own troops to have them beat on each other, does it? Asking for a friend.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Might be a bit late but I want to throw another character into the ring, a Warrior (since there didn't seem to be many of those suggested) named Martine.

Two-handed weapons preferred.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Canopus with a 2h crossbow will carry you through pretty much the entire game. It's a tiny bit silly how good archers are in this game, and Canopus has great stats and flight to go with it.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Jabor posted:

Might be a bit late but I want to throw another character into the ring, a Warrior (since there didn't seem to be many of those suggested) named Martine.

Well, that's one way to get your character in.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Name what ever tanky character you get Kilmotos.

Friends for lyfe

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Couldn't you just quickly boot up Cheat Engine, search a character's name, and just name them whatever?

If I recall LUCT correctly names are just a text string.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

theshim posted:

Canopus with a 2h crossbow will carry you through pretty much the entire game. It's a tiny bit silly how good archers are in this game, and Canopus has great stats and flight to go with it.

I always loved how you can play with the range on bows in TO. Nothing better than being way up on some really high ground, ignoring the standard range entirely, and just picking off some poor sucker halfway across the map.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Tallgeese posted:

Couldn't you just quickly boot up Cheat Engine, search a character's name, and just name them whatever?

If I recall LUCT correctly names are just a text string.

Theoretically, but I've never been big into Cheat Engine

Gridlocked posted:

Name what ever tanky character you get Kilmotos.

Friends for lyfe

For you, a Terror Knight will do.

Jabor posted:

:911:

theshim posted:

I typically tend to use Canopus with Bows until my archers start learning their own finishing moves, then switch him over.

The first Crossbow finishing move is loving ludicrous.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.

tithin posted:

The first Crossbow finishing move is loving ludicrous.

ALL of the crossbow moves are great. Though the 1st and last standout (and are probably the best finishers in the game PERIOD) depending if you need AoE or a big middle finger for one beefy target.

But yeah, I keep Canopus as the Vartan class with crossbows. As to which is better, people generally are 50/50 on it. Either way is great.

Also, clerics kinda suck in this game. You're better off making a fencer with a lobber/sword for your healer.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Are we allowed to put in requests for later-game classes?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

Are we allowed to put in requests for later-game classes?

Sorry, but no.

I'll put the call out for new characters as and when I need to diversify.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Sweet, Snipette got in. Thanks, tithin!

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
Vyce is a yuge dick

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I've run the next mission and its 200 odd screenshots

reaching out to baldurk on twitter to ask him if there's a way to specify upload directory to save me clicking 400 times to move it to a TO006 directory, stay tuned.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Episode 005 - Blocked

Levi is changed to a Knight, a nice little shower curtain comes down, drumroll, Levi gets changed, shower curtain rises and he looks exactly the same :v:

This isn't the case for generics.

Forgot Knights couldn't use Mighty Impact, whoops.

We've got the SP for Tremendous Shot now, but don't meet the level requirement for it.

A look at Canopus's skills.

We move on to Krysaro to save Leonar and his men.

The actor known as "Donnalto" will be played by "ClericM" as I apparently lack his portrait :v:

: Sleep, souls. Embrace the waiting everworld!

*farts*

: Impossible! My exorcism has failed!?

: Perhaps the corpses must be stilled before the sould can be put to rest....

: I've forgotten much in the fifteen years since I last faced the undead. Ah, but listen to me, making excuses.

: Patience, Leonar. We need only wait for reinforcements.

: There, our liberators! Great Father smile upon us this day.

: And no common sleep; they descend the sepulchral stairs toward death.

: When they wake, it will be as unliving horrors!

: We only need hold until Master Nybeth's return. Give them not an inch, and show them no quarter!

We're dealing with a few new gameplay features this battle.

The first of which is undead. As Donalto so nicely pointed out, the Undead, when killed, stay down for 3 turns before resurrecting at full health.

They can only be permanently killed / "stilled" via the Exorcism spell.

well, not the only way, but it's the only you'll use for 95% of the game.

Starting as we mean to go on, Donalto aims for the closest spectre, who blocks it.

Wider map than we've experienced in the past.

Rough enemy head count: 2 Skeleton Warrior, 2 Spectre Mages, 2 Human Archers, 1 Human Warrior, 1 Human Necromancer

Canopus opens strong with a nice crit on Walter, The Skeleton.

Snipette steps up and can't reach so skips her turn.

Enemy team moves up

Admiranda the Skeleton takes a 40% shot at Donnalto and lands it, dropping Donnalto to ~50% health

Nerraw drops a Vulcan Lance on Walter, The Skeleton, knocking him into critical health.

Snipette again, aiming to finish off Walter, but fails to connect.

err wait, what's with that chance to hit??

Oh, that's our second new gameplay mechanic: weather. You'll notice in the screenshots that it's raining, and in screenshots you'll notice flashes of lightning. That basically sends everyones accuracy (including enemies) into the shitter.

Mage spells are unaffected by accuracy and so would be your preferred damage dealer for lovely weather maps.

Tywick the spectre hits Nerraw for 27 Lightning Bow damage.

Celes the spectre hits Donnalto for 24 damage via Aquablast - the tier 1 water missile spell.

Catiua heals Nerraw.

Donnalto heals himself and moves back towards our party.

Lightning Crash while enemy human warrior moves up.

Walter lands a solid blow on Martine.

Canopus lands a solid blow on Tywick in response. The good thing about the undead is that they follow the same armour rules as their base class, so they dont take reduced damage purely through virtue of being undead.

Difficult to make out in this screenshot, but Admiranda the Skeleton has dropped in among our party from the roof, taken another ~40% shot at Donnalto and landed it.

HEALBOT's first real action of the game, dropping a heal on Donnalto.

Snipette takes another shot and whiffs it. I don't think she lands a shot the whole battle now that I think about it.

Nerraw takes another lightning bow.

Lenneth takes a 40% shot and *FINALLY* knocks out Walter, the skeleton.

We now get 3 turns to put him down for good.

Nerraw lands a Vulcan lance on Admiranda, while Vyce takes a 54% shot and misses.

Celes launches an Aquablast at Vyce which lands and makes him adverse.

Catiua repeats her last action.

Lenneth takes another solid shot and hits Admiranda in the back and then finds another random Mend Leaf. All maps have random items on the map somewhere and they are absolutely not worth bothering about.

Canopus drops Admiranda to critical.

Levi finishes off Admiranda!

Our first human opponents begin to arrive as the undead fall. Arya the warrior shrugs off Snipettes arrows.

HEALBOT exorcises Walter. RIP Mr Skeltal.

The last new gameplay element introduced today is the Tarot Card.

When you kill an enemy, they will drop loot.

A lot of the time, this loot will be whatever random poo poo they've got on them. Sometimes they will drop a Tarot card. Tarot cards will bestow two things, the first is a stat up - which stat you get is dependant on the card you pick. Some cards have a "luck factor" and may instead give you a stat downgrade to something like, unit loyalty, as opposed to a positive.

The second thing it gives you is an "on use" effect, which is fairly powerful. I will not be using these cards in their on use form until the end game.

Tywick drops a Lightning Bow on Vyce which makes him thunder adverse, and Celes also helps out with an Aquablast.

Lenneth takes a shot and fucks it up.

Nerraw is out of range to use a missile spell, and Lenneth is directly in his path at any rate, so I decide to use the Fire Storm Grimoire. This is a little earlier than I had hoped to use it as he's not of a level to use it via the skill yet.

Each spell school, like a missle spell, has an indirect spell that ignores line of sight. It has a shorter range than the missile spell, but makes up for it by ignoring LOS and height requirements.

The sun was an Agility stat up, so utterly useless on a Wizard.

Donnalto triages Vyce.

Chance to hit seems to be worsening as the map goes on as even Canopus starts having problems landing shots.

Vyce moves out of range of our healers to strike Arya in her head.

Vyce is not a smart boy.

Catiua heals Donnalto.

Arya takes a shot at Lenneth but RNG works in our favour for once

Randall the human warrior makes landfall and introduces warhammer to Lenneths head for 43 damage

Levi takes a swing at Arya but misses.

Martine moves up to cover Vyce but is all by herself, so tops herself off with a Mend Leaf.

The first of the enemy archers, Esseldine takes a shot at Vyce and misses.

Snipette has few valid targets so takes a pot shot at Arya, who again, blocks it.

The second enemy archer lands a hit on Narrew for ~32 damage.

Admiranda is exorcised - RIP.

I'll give you one thing, Arya is resilient.

Ah poo poo, Moldova's arrived.

Word of pain's the tier 1 shadow missile spell. Boss spellcasters tend to hit like trucks if they get the chance to unleash their spells as we're about to find out.

Nerraw and Lenneth double team Arya to DEATH

not being the brightest crayon in the box, Vyce continues his commando routine into the mages all by himself. Guest units really are something in this game.

Martine tries to pull a vyce by striking down from the rooftop onto Randall but her height's too high so she heals Vyce instead.

Levi lands a hit on Randall, and Randall continues pummeling Lenneth.

Martine blocks a crossbow attack, and Snipette lands a bow attack :toot:

Exhibit A in bullshit :arghfist:

Blue is where I can move with healbot.
Yellow is where I can heal.

Tywick and Celes murder Vyce in cold blood, and thus the war ended.

"Sorry Levi, Plot armour, I'm out. Peace."

and now the stupid prick's left Martine there by herself :arghfist:

Canopus takes a shot at Randall who blocks it.

HEALBOT takes an arrow to the face

Randall gets Vulcan Lanced

Martine straight up loses half of her loving health

Lenneth gets a rare stacked enemy attack and aims for Randall and the archer, but only one of them connects with the archer taking 16 damage.

Martine smashes the spirit into loving dust with her bare hands.

Levi fails to hit Randall. Randall fails to hit Lenneth. Donnalto heals HEALBOT.

Lenneth takes a painful arrow.

Snipette again doesn't connect so Canopus shows her how to.

Honestly, I'm sorry if this isn't rivetting, i've been awake for 22 hours straight and there's only so many ways to write "they blocked it again jesus christ"

Martine gets dropped to 33 health from Tywick.

Perfectly timed screenshot

highest accuracy shot on the map so far, which fails to connect.

Nerraw finishes off Randall, finally.

Moldova hits Lennether with a nasty word of pain spell, and Catiua and Lenneth herself work to undo it.

Levi lands a minor blow on the archer.

Martine finishes off Tywick

Donnalto tops off Lenneth

Oh nice, Canopus got a crit :toot:

poo poo girl your accuracy is actively decreasing.

Lenneth blocks the bolt.

Nerraw can't reach the low health archer, and is out of line of sight, so lands the safe shot on Zell, the other archer, instead. Nerraw just happens to be the squishiest target in range so Zell returns fire at him.

Martine is knocked unconcious by Moldova.

Block: The Musical. Sponsored by Lego.

This is about where I ran out of patience and energy.

Yeah, you can hit scenery. including wine casks, which I didn't into consideration, and stopped caring about

Nerraw takes another hit, Catiua immediately heals it up.

You're not supposed to get this message by the way, the map usually finishes welllllllll before now.

Despite aiming for Levi, it hits Canopus because he's in front of Levi.

Friendly fire, I know, but I don't care, I want that archer dead.

gently caress

Esdeline hits Snipette. Snipette misses Esdeline.

you think Esdeline would take a job if i offered her it?

Nerraw chipping away at Esdeline

The undead begin to re-raise.

Sweet relief

: And my apologies to you, Abuna. Such is our reward for striking blind. Already I have lost too many of the duke's men. I know not how I shall face him.

: I am thankful that you, at least, still live. The Great Father favors us.

: As he is surely displeased by the trespasses of this Nybeth: A sorcerer of the foulest sort.

: Yes, Nybeth! He lies hidden in a rotting fastness beyond the town.

: Odd, with his men left at Almorica, I'd have thought him bound for Coritanae. What could he be scheming?

: I want his head, whatever it may be plotting. I will not return to the duke empty-handed.

: You mean to take the fastness with these numbers? Should we not withdraw and regroup?

: Were it only myself and the remnants of my men, I would find retreat more palatable. But do not forget our new allies.

: I have not. Yet be mindful of the Galgastani threat. Why, they might attack Almorica at any moment.

: As I see it, we would not have the luxury of choice were it not for the heroes of Golyat.

: Yes, yes, of course. Advance or retreat, the decision is rightfully Levi's.

: Voltare, Sara. I know you'll not object.

: Then it's settled. We are yours to command.

Donnalto is classed as a "unique" unit - there's nothing special about him, he's got a few lines during battle maps depending on people present but precious little impact.

Voltare and Sara are semi-unique units. They are functionally generics with a generic sprite (albeit slightly recoloured) and higher stats.

Voltare is a stock standard knight, beefy and can take a hit.

Sara is a surprisingly good archer up until we get someone else way down the track who trumps her in every way.

tithin fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Mar 31, 2017

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

As a minor addendum, Weather can be dealt with via higher levels of Field Alchemy - a skill that gates item use.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Also, if you guys could spam the poo poo out of this page to get me onto the next one because I don't want to destroy peoples browsers, I'd be appreciative, thanks.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
HEALBOT: OTHER CLERIC HP <50%. LOAD HEAL.EXE. RUN.

*Snipette misses another shot*

HEALBOT: IF ONLY SHE WAS A SUPERIOR CYBERNETIC LIFEFORM. THEN SHE COULD AIM.EXE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Reduced accuracy is a lovely effect, especially when it's just applied as a blanket thing like that. Just makes the fight longer and slower with no benefit.