Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

tithin posted:

: Perhaps the corpses must be stilled before the sould can be put to rest....

I'm not 100% sure if this is a typo or the game just being olde toimy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I'm disappointed in Snipette.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

megane posted:

Reduced accuracy is a lovely effect, especially when it's just applied as a blanket thing like that. Just makes the fight longer and slower with no benefit.

Thankfully the game eventually reaches a point where bonuses from dexterity and weapon skills mean you are just not going to loving miss, at all.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Junpei posted:

I'm disappointed in Snipette.

Well this is a strategy RPG. Generics are pretty much poo poo when they first start out.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
LUCT is cruel to generics. Levi and Canopus have 7 less RT than generics, and there's nothing in the world that will bridge that gap.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I am here bearing two things today

The first is advice to save your games (I had to refight that last battle and it uh, went really loving easy this time), I also had a random battle, so now everyone's level 4 and I've unlocked a bunch of stuff for people which I'll cover in the next update.

The second is a choice, presented without context

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
1, killin dudes is bad :colbert:

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Why kill when you can mentally torture for years?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The other one sounds like something Vyce would say. And we're not Vyce. Gotta at least offer them a chance, even if they'll probably be too thick-headed to just surrender.

Also you should totally just steal all the portraits from Helmet's abandoned LP.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

drat, I'm late.

I was following the last LP and was sad when it died before I ever got around to reading it. Will start this soon enough.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Episode 006 - Necromancer

Soooooooooooo I hosed up.

After fighting that last battle, I basically stumbled off the computer and went to bed, forgetting to save.

When I went to check back in with the game and progress to the next map, whoops, I had to re-do it.

So instead, I cycled back and forth on the map, fought a random battle, and then stormed the last story battle with zero casualties (not even Vyce!) and had almost no missed shots. It was bizarre. RNG folks.

Without going too much into it (we'll cover off character updates in the next update) everyone hit level 4, and grew to a level where they could both fit their gear and step comfortably into their class niche.

"These ruins of an ancient keep mark the scene of the great battle between King Dorgalua and King Rodrick, who once vied for control of the islands."

For this next map, HEALBOT will be sidelined for Donnalto. This will occur on maps where there is a story reason to do so.

: She harbored a rare appreciation for my research. Sad to see her pass, though I envy her newfound vicinity to death!

: Yet it is not time to join her company. Perhaps we might come to an...understanding? I care not who rules this island. Take it, it's yours.

: My siege of Almorica was a purely business venture, you see. A deal struck with the heirophant to satisfy my...curiosities.

: And what of it? Your precious castle is returned. What's done is done! I propose you let me go free.

: The alternative, of course, would be for us to do battle. But no...the time it would take to destroy you is that much less time for my research! Hardly efficient. If there's anything I detest in this world, it is inefficiency!

: Lay down your arms, and you will come to no harm. But you cannot go free.

: If you would do penance for your crimes, come to Almorica. I promise your life will be spared.... Though, you will be our prisoner and treated no better than you deserve.

: Yet, I must decline. You may mean well, but there is no shortage of others who would see me hang.

: Even as I ask why we must fight, I accept the inevitability of the coming battle. Freedom's wage must be paid in full.

:siren: :siren: Music Link - Blasphemous Experiment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5XWgWWeg7w

:siren: :siren:

Enemy Composition:

Lv. 4 Archer
Lv. 4 Archer
Lv. 4 Enchantress
Lv. 5 Necromancer
Lv. 4 Valkyrie
Lv. 5 Warrior
Lv. 4 Warrior
Lv. 4 Wizard

*Excludes any creatures to be summoned by Nybeth if you grind down his initial army

The last map was troubling, this map is extremely dangerous.

We're outnumbered, outlevelled, outstatt'd AND the enemy has the high ground.

This battle is to my understanding, optional.

You're not obligated to do it, but I'm a glutton for punishment.

Nybeth marks our first real Necromancer fight. Moldova hits hard, she has a few undead minions, but she doesn't summon undead and master them as Nybeth does and can. She was functionally a hard hitting Dark Mage.

This is Nybeth, take too long and he will summon wave after wave of minions and drown you in corpses.

Our opening moves are unremarkable. Donnalto and Nerraw both use :2bong: to increase their mana.

Our frontline move forward to present a unified front against the enemy and Lenneth throws an "Instill Air" spell on Canopus.

The instill spells are conceptually neat but lacking in execution. Each spell school - including divine - has an instill spell, and what it does is add a flat 20% to straight weapon damage. If you have a weapon that does 100 damage, it will then do an extra 20 damage after you hit.

Works great on archers against squishy targets to finish off those who juuuuuuuuust survive.

And it's lightly raining too! so accuracy's poo poo for everyone, but not quite as bad as thunderstorms.

The good thing about "lightly" raining, is that within a certain number of turns (I think it's 7 cycles?) the weather takes a turn, either for the better or worse. Better meaning things go back to normal, worse being that we move to a lightning storm and well, you've seen the effects of those.

Topside enemy archer takes a shot at Snipette which misses.

Enemy Valkyrie, Paige, hits our front lines and goes for the double skewer on Martine and Nerraw, neither of whom's having any of that poo poo, with both blocking the attack.

Nerraw moves to the side and slams a Vulcan Lance into her face.

He then meditates to recover a bit of mana.

This is a skill that converts ~15tp in ~7 mana, with the mana recovered increasing by rank. It takes hundreds of uses, bordering on thousands increase it in rank, so just assume I'm using it as and when it's needed to get him over the edge.

Plan "Winged Death" is under way as Canopus begins his ascent up the Northern Castle Wall to get to Nybeth.

The plan, so to speak is to use Canopus as an assassin, dropping death on enemys from the high ground until he can get a finishing move off and end the map, hopefully before Nybeth begins summoning reinforcements.

Martine gets behind Paige and introduces her to her new 2handed weapon, dropping her to critical. Martine blocks on Paiges counter.

Enemy Warrior, Wystan, attacks Vyce, but it's blocked.

Paige falls to Voltare's hammer.

Levi takes a crack at Wystan, but, blocked!

I swear, the RNG on playing this game is ridiculous, I've never seen this level of blocks in any of my playthroughs.

Enemy Warrior Skelly takes umbrage at Martine using a two handed sword and asks in his own roundabout way why she isn't using a 2 handed axe instead??

Southernmost Skelly Archer (hereafter referred to as 'Clinkz') takes a shot at Nerraw, who blocks it again like a loving champion.

Donnalto purges Paige from existence, like a loving champion.

Enemy mage, Norman, casts Misery. Misery is a fire school spell, that triggers in a cross shaped AOE and applies "Weaken" to people within the AOE.

I don't know what weaken does, in my experience absolutely gently caress all. Might weaken physical attacks a little but absolutely nothing to care about.

This particular cast targetted Levi, and Martine, and hits Martine and Wystan, so 50/50 for us.

Lenneth drops an Install Air on Martine to give her a bit of extra oomph. She also gets a heal from Catiua.

Vyce and Wystan beat each other up a bit more (as an aside, I think that first screenshot there's pretty baller looking)

Snipette's up and she lands a hit! A good one too!

I upgraded her weapon to a Great Bow off-screen.

FURIO the Skelly tries to show Snipette how this archery thing is done but fucks it up as Snipette simply sidesteps and gives him the finger.

Nerraw continues his rampage of smashing fools into the dirt.

Canopus up! not quite in range to hit Nybeth, and that chance to hit's loving garbage so he takes a swing at Norman instead and loving demolishes him to critical HP.

Voltare cracks Emerick in his skull.

Wystan and Vyce both block each others poo poo which is disappointing as I now have to waste a turn removing Wystans last single hit point.

God damnit Levi :arghfist:

Make that two turns

Clinkz moves over the ledge to get a better shot at Donnalto and takes a shot at him.

Who blocks likes a loving champion.

Martine hulks the gently caress out and smashes the poo poo out of Emerick, the Skelly Warrior with the help of Mighty Impact.

Emerick hulks the gently caress out and smashes the poo poo out of Martine WITHOUT Mighty impact.

Catiua heals Martine up a bit.

Enemy archer tries to undo it. Fucks up. Sad!

Lenneth gets lovely with Wystans continued undeath and spears him through Vyce, who counters because LENNETH STOLE HIS KILL :saddowns:

Rosa the mage takes a crack at Voltare with a Vulcan lance, and Norman follows up with a Sparksphere. They didn't get him below half HP, so Catiua heals him up.

Snipette crits Clinkz here - I think it was a Tremendous shot, but don't remember. (it WAS a tremendous shot though).

Furio's mad.

Nerraw getting all apocalyptic up in here as he continues his reign of taking down fools.

Canopus is the king of the world, and Nybeth aint poo poo.

(I didn't Chariot for that shot by the way, I'm trying to avoid using it as much as possible because it makes battle commentary annoying as gently caress :v: )

Levi cleanses Wystan. Important to note that Paladins dont learn Exorcism even though they can access the Divine tree, it's not one of their allowed spells, so that just cost us a couple of hundred goth :toot:

Voltare continues his reign of skelly terror by caving in Emerick skull and knocking him to critical hp. Vyce sweeps in to continue the weaken, and Martine finishes him off.

: In the name of the great Father Philaha, I condemn you to hell!

: Oh dear, not one of those.

: I find men who go about claiming to speak for the gods insufferable.

: Avaunt, Mage, for the Holy light that gives me strength is a miracle in truth - as the necromantic heresy you practice is the work of demons!

: What you call magic is merely another aspect of physical law, and those who call themselves "deities" or "demons" merely flesh.

: While one man's spirit may be lofty, and another's heart devilish, bowing to one of them does not make you pious....

: It makes you weak!

: To honor the gods and despise demons is to dilute the weight of your words and the import of your actions.

: Enough of this cretin's blasphemy! I was wrong to pay him any heed at all.

The Weather turns and we should start to see improved accuracy as a result!

And now Nybeth enters the fray with a Word of Pain at Voltare which does marginally less damage than either Rosa or Norman did. He still think he's got a decent chunk of minions so right now is focussing on damage over sustain.

Snipette continues to play DDR using the enemy arrows that litter the ground around her.

Rosa and Norman finish off Vyce.

If you're wondering why I'm letting Vyce die, it's because I literally don't care about him.

Snipette takes a shot and crits, thanks to the power of Tremendous Shot (tm)

Canopus again. Not quite enough TP to finish off Nybeth yet, so he goes for the downtown dunk on Norman.

Skelly smashes in Snipettes face.

Levi continues his exorcism climb.

Donnalto continues to indulge his drug habit.

Nybeth makes the call that things are still salvagable and hits Voltare down to ~15 health.

Off camera, Voltare healed himself with the heal spell to raise his health back up a bit.

Martine finishes off a Skelly

Rosa hits her with a Lance in reply.

4 loving TP from a finishing move, Canopus takes another sub 40% shot at Nybeth and lands it.

LIKE A loving CHAMPION.

Last enemy skelly hits Nerraw with an arrow.

Snipette mighty shots him

Starting to look dicey. Martin's on 16 HP and I know that Rosa's turn is up soon. Rosa will either go for Martine, or Voltare.

Lenneth Deadshots Furio and knocks him into critical.

I make a judgement call and move Voltare back into the fray and heal up Martine.

Catiua also moves up.

We made the right call, those two heals saved Martines life.

And Canopus ends Nybeth's life

: But I am afraid your victory cannot be complete, for there is still vital research to be done, and none to do it but me!

: Levi, was it? A name I shall make a point to remember.

: When the war is lost and won, I feel we will meet again.

: When we do, I will be only too happy to reveal the ripened fruits of my research. Until then.

At which point he turns into a loving bat and flies away. Halloween isn't for another six months rear end in a top hat!

tithin fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Apr 3, 2017

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Come now! Look me in the eye and tell me - isn't this the face of a guy you can trust?
Lipstick Apathy
Interesting - the music link in your post has indirectly informed me that Nybeth shows up in Final Fantasy 14.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

You left a Denam in that monologue at the end.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

tithin posted:

: My siege of Almorica was a purely business venture, you see. a deal struck with the heirophant to satisfy my...curiosities.

Capitalize.

quote:

Our opening moves are unremarkable. Donnalto and Nerraw both use :herbs: to increase their mana.

:2bong: ?

quote:

Nerraw getting all apocalyptic up in here as he continues his rain of taking down fools.

reign

quote:

: It makes you weak!

: It makes you weak! To honor the gods and despise demons is to dilute the weight of your words and the import of your actions.

This could be merged or the second 'It makes you weak!' could be removed, honestly.

quote:

And Canopus ends Nybeths

Nybeth's

quote:

at which point he turns into a loving bat and flies away. Halloween isn't for another six months rear end in a top hat!

Capital

quote:

Denam, was it? A name I shall make a point to remember.

I would've voted for default names if I'd gotten in the thread quick enough but that didn't really happen and we're going with Levi now.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

MaskedHuzzah posted:

Interesting - the music link in your post has indirectly informed me that Nybeth shows up in Final Fantasy 14.

And he still casts Summon Darkness to call annoying-rear end undead to ruin your day. :allears:

Charlie Bobson
Dec 28, 2013
I love this game so loving much but I have no idea why. The crafting, the class leveling, the insufferable grind, all of it. All of those things are objectively awful but they click perfectly for me.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

RareAcumen posted:

I would've voted for default names if I'd gotten in the thread quick enough but that didn't really happen and we're going with Levi now.

Thanks! fixed

e: I honestly have no excuse except to say I started writing that update at 8 and finished at half 11

tithin fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Apr 3, 2017

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

This isn't a correction

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Man, that's a challenge. Good to see you ran through it.

Does the enemy take a lot of bowshots outside their range?

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

That Nybeth fight is a kick in the balls. It has to be one of the top five toughest fights in the game, maybe top 3 if you don't level up at all before you fight him.

Glad to see someone take up LUCT again. Love this game.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Jokes aside, what the gently caress happened to my post battle save, I know I saved this time

Oh god he summoned darkness three times

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Episode 7: A Breather

Funny story, given my witty commentary about saving, turns out I didn't save my last game either and had to re-fight Nybeth.

That fight doesn't go nearly so easy when he summons three batches of undeath, with three mages around him shovelling Mend Leafs into him.

Oh, he goes down eventually, but I ran out of exorcisms, MP items and almost wiped.

But here I am now with redundant saves!

So, a short update, as I promised to go over how our dudes are doing:

Levi is gaining SP slowly, we're levelling him as a tank at present, with Rampart Aura to make getting around him more difficult.

Future skill investment will involve investing in Knockback, Counterstrike and the skill whos name I forget that makes you more resistant to Melee attacks.

Rampart Aura 1 is a simple cross shaped set of 4 tiles in each cardinal direction around the character, preventing enemies from moving past that square without stopping movement first.

I don't really give a poo poo about Vyce. I gave him Mighty Impact and Fists, and then auto-equipped him for offense and it changed him from fist equip to 2 handed sword equips.

Catiua invests in Field Alchemy 1 (giving her access to slightly higher inventory) and Sidestep 1, which makes her dodge arrows and the like a little better.

Lenneth's investing in Truestrike to up her to hit rate, as well as Air Magic to bolster her utility. She'll likely be built towards disabling magics in the future, but for now she serves as an instill bot & skewer to pierce enemy lines.

Martine hits hard, all her points are in Mighty Impact, 2h Swords & Strengthen (which boosts Melee strength)

Future point investment will be expanding her skill number, points into Truestrike to increase accuracy so she's not so reliant on Mighty Impact, and points into Anatomy to increase damage to human units. She'll also diversify into other species skills which I'll cover when beasts come into play.

Canopus hasn't changed much, he's unlocked half of his skill slots, so future points for him will go into Strengthen, Knockback and Anatomy in the future.

That'll do for now, pretend Voltare, Sara and Donnalto don't exist, because I'll only be using them when absolutely necessary.

For now, we'll be rolling back to town.

: I hope you continue to do so. You are to accompany Leonar to Phidoch Castle - a Bakram holding.

: Phidoch Castle - where the Dark Knights are garrisoned. Why there?

: I want you to forge a treaty of non-interference before the real fighting with Galgastan begins.

: Not with the Bakram, mind you, but with the Dark Knights of Lodis. We cannot have them hounding our flank while we are occupied with Galgastan.

: But...your grace. It was the Bakram who brought on this war.

: Our parents died on Loslorien swords. Had they not aided the Bakram, how much suffering might we have been spared?

: None know this better than I, Catiua.

: But consider what would happen were we to face such a foe in open battle. They would crush us.

: The Bakram people, overfed swine that they are, are no threat. Ah, but the Dark Knights - there is a foe to be feared.

: Which is why we must swear allegiance to Lodis and ensure they are no foe of ours.

: So your grace means to bend knee to Lodis?

: Tread carefully, Vyce. I have told you we are of one mind on this.

: With the Dark Knights at bay, those opportunist in the Galgastani camp clamoring for war will fall silent.

: There's our chance. Once Balbatos is dead and buried, only then do we turn to strike the Bakram. What does our Holy Knight make of this?

: The Xenobian throne has no designs on Valeria. Nor Lodis, they.

: Ah, but I forget this has no bearing on you, Sir Lanselot. Forgive me.

Lanselot's clearly not impressed either with the turn of events, or his new lord

: Well, the sooner you and Leonar have left for Phidoch, the better.

A strongly built Knight for this stage of the game. Swords do better damage to humans (which is how I traditionally build Levi, as hammers do better damage to beasts), he's Rank 2 already so has its finishing move, Rampart Aura, Counter Attack and Strengthen.

A good fit for our army.

tithin fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Apr 6, 2017

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Mmm. Fascism starting early. "The Bakram are weak and ineffectual and would crush us utterly."

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

tithin posted:

:siren: :siren: Music Link - Blasphemous Experiment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5XWgWWeg7w

:siren: :siren:
Oh my god I'm so loving angry right now

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

theshim posted:

Why?

Glazius posted:

Man, that's a challenge. Good to see you ran through it.

Does the enemy take a lot of bowshots outside their range?

I'm not sure. I'm relatively sure they don't though.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.

tithin posted:

I'm not sure. I'm relatively sure they don't though.

I've seen it happen. Usually to kill an ally that I thought was "just" out of range.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

theshim posted:

Did you forget to save pomanders of resolution?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

tithin posted:

: hich is why we must swear allegiance to Lodis and ensure they are no foe of ours.

Which.

Also, what happened to Snippette?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

RareAcumen posted:

Which.

Also, what happened to Snippette?

Fixed.

I don't have the game open at present, but she's not that far progressed, she has Bows, Trajectory and Tremendous Shot at present.

She'll be built along the same lines as Canopus but with less wings.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
do the words "death march" have any meaning to you

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

theshim posted:

Ah, yes.

Painful memories.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.

theshim posted:

Doing this can seriously mess up your game if you're not careful.

mauman fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Apr 7, 2017

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Oh god, I did it too...

not even getting the cool class for my self-insert generic was worth that.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Might be a few days before the next update as I'm suffering from a pretty nasty cold right now

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

theshim posted:

I have played through this game god knows how many times and never had to do the death march. (Also if he's doing law, it doesn't matter).

All you need to do to get that character is play through most of the last chapter, and do all the side quests with the "correct" answers. It will make your rating high enough to succeed in the event provided you did your level grinding in the woods and not on the overworld.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Episode 8 - Golborza Plains

"A great grassland spreading across central Almorica."

Defeating Nybeth's forces has given us the :metal: title "Corpse Dancer"

Our next story point is at Phidoch castle where we've to meet with the Dark Knights Loslorien to fledge a Non Aggression Pact between them and our fledgling Walister rebellion.

There's a few battles between here and there.

Lineup unchanged from the Nybeth battle, barring the addition of Leonar.

: I'd sooner fall into my grave! Are you a son of a Galgastan or no!

: Talk brave as you like, it won't change our odds. We should rejoin the file.

Getting very soviet up in here

: Almorica falls, and you think the sky falls with it. There's no place here for cowards.

: Bring 'em on, I say! For Galgastan!

Berserkers aint afraid of nothin'

I have a new rule! I'm not describing movements or actions that have zero contribution to the battle, if I don't mention someone for a while, just assume they're moving towards a front.

Enemy Composition

Lv. 3 Archer
Lv. 3 Archer
Lv. 4 Berserker
Lv. 3 Cleric
Lv. 4 Enchantress
Lv. 3 Rune
Lv. 3 Valkyrie
Lv. 4 Warrior
Lv. 4 Wizard
Lv. 4 Wizard

Canopus and Snipette open up by immediately getting a shot to the small scout force of Archer / Valkyrie / Wizard to our immediate northwest, Canopus take aim and strike at Cicely the Valkyrie.

Their Wizard moves into melee range of Cicely to patch her up with a Mend Leaf.

Snipette takes advantage and shoots the Wizard.

Cicely crosses the river and heals herself with a Mend Leaf.

Leonar strikes her for ~50 damage. You can see the difference in quality between Leonar and Lanselot. Leonar is a good unit for this part of the game. Lanselot is an end game beast.

Levi gets a turn, and uses it to try to convince the enemy to surrender

: Your cause is hopeless. Why throw your lives away?

: Soon or late, all men meet their end. What good to live in fear of it?

: I know your kind - young, always thinking on tomorrow. You might try letting go. Drifting with the current.

: You think me unprepared for death? I'm not so young as that!

Levi moves northwest towards the scout force.

Snipette get's an instill air to boost her damage.

Northwest archer hits Leonar for all the good it does him.

Kurtz the wizard stuns him.

Cicely snakes around our back lines to strike Catiua.

Levi blocks the path to her and knocks her down to critical health.

Snipette chunks Kurtz down to critical health.

Leonar finishes off Cicely.

Canopus finishes off Kurtz.

Lenneth instills air on Canopus

North and Northeast regiment move down towards us.

Vyce takes opening fire from them. I also wont willingly drop a heal on him.

Gerhardt tries to strike Voltare, but he's strong like Traktor and shrugs it off.

Nerraw takes a hit from the archer to the Northeast. Levi crosses the ford to come at him.

Vyce cops an Iceblast (Ice Tier 1 Missile spell) to the face.

Canopus smacks Erasmus for shooting Nerraw (the second 11 is the effect of the Instill Air)

Meanwhile, Voltare teaches Gerhardt how to hit.

Snipette finishes off Erasmus.

Nerraw gets topped off by Leonar.

Nerraw softens up Gerhardt some more

Meanwhile the northern force arrives, with the Enchantress hitting Voltare with a Deadshot, the healer healing up Gerhardt

Catiua thinks I'm being slack and heals Vyce.

Lenneth and Martin take a shot each from tthe Northeastern archers, with Martine's being a not particularly heavy crit.

Vyce and Martin finish off Gerhardt between them. She drops a moon card which I give to Martine off camera.

Snipette's instill air wears off, so she unleashes a Tremendous shot and knocks Carmen down to gently caress all HP.

Leonar continues to remind me that I am not treating Vyce fairly, and he also heals him to full.

Martine gets another Instill Air. While Carmen the enchantress gets Mend Leaf 2'd, healing from 19 to 94. Yikes, looks like their Cleric had Field Alchemy 2. Each rank of Mend Leaf adds an extra 25 healing, I think it tops out at Mend Leaf 3?

She then hits Vyce which makes me like her even more. Catiua heals him, but it's not as much as the damage he took.

Arthur the Wizard also takes a shot at Vyce hitting him in turn with an ice blast.

One of the enemy archers gets into melee range of Nerraw to hit him - it doesn't work out. The archer shooting from behind does though.

Canopus changes to the Cleric as his primary target given she has Field Alch 2

Vyce moves further out of range of our healers in order to shank Roger, the archer down to 29 health.

HEALBOT finally sees some action and....

heals Nerraw.

Martine finishes off Nerraw

Brezen joins the battle and kicks Vyces poo poo in.

Starting to mop up the map now. The enemy has very little in the way of offensive firepower left.

Lenneth hits up the Melee archer.

You can seee that the archer is within Nerraw's dead zone right? he can't cast a spell at an enemy so close. He can however, cast a spell at the enemy outside the dead zone.

And that's what I mean when I say Missile spell. These spells honour line of sight. If there's a target in the way, it will strike the target in its path, much like crossbow bolts vs arrows. Arrows can arc, crossbow bolts can't.

She takes an 80% shot and whiffs it, Nerraw might be the tankiest blockiest wizard I've ever had.

Lenneth takes an Ice blast.

Nerraw takes an arrow from Roger.

Martine finishes off Petronilla the melee archer who drops another Moon card. This also goes to Martine off screen.

HEALBOT tops off Voltare from Enchantress damage.

Canopus finishing moves the enchantress.

Brezen goes for the easier target and strikes at Voltare.

Voltare murders Roger.

Snipette murders Arthur, leaving Brezen on his own.

We wear him down, but there's only one result that's certain.

Brezen knocks back Leonar from Leonars attack - he'll have the knockback 1 skill then.

He moves into Nerraw's range and lands a solid hit, but not solid enough.

Nerraw follows up by repeating the same dead zone trick as last time.

No level ups sadly, but then we are overlevelled for this fight thanks to Nybeth.

For reference, had Vyce lived, and the fight gone on long enough the following conversation could have happened:

: Stubborn wretch. What's it take to kill you?

: Quite a tongue on you, boy. Small wonder your kind find themselves reviled at every turn.

: Us reviled!? Look who's casting stones!

: Calm, Vyce. We do not fight to prove which side is least loved. We fight to restore peace!

: I spit on your peace! Almorica knew peace until you plunged it back into war!

tithin fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Apr 14, 2017

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

willus posted:

team empty quote strikes again

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

tithin posted:

Brezen joins the battle and kicks Vyces poo poo in.

You've got the same picture here twice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
"Surrender!"

"Nah, how' bout you give up and let us kill you instead?"