Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

That's too many words for someone like me, who can't read

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

DrBouvenstein posted:

I do like that idea, but seems a LITTLE OP. Does functionally double damage, (should only be like +1d4 or 1d6 cold damage, not the weapon's damage again,) AND an additional 1d8 poison damage until healed?

How often is that poison damage? Maybe, like, 1/day AFTER a long rest. So you can get your HP back, but then lose a few so you're just never at max HP until healed.
the guy running the randomitemdrop tumblr does not actually know much about D&D mechanics

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I would watch the muppets d&d movie in a heartbeat.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The insidious move would be to have the mercury poisoning slowly remove one intelligence point over time.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Android Apocalypse posted:

The insidious move would be to have the mercury poisoning slowly remove one intelligence point over time.

I think it would be funny to have it do nothing in particular. The players are freaked out because they know about heavy metal poisoning, but they can't find anyone to help them because no one else believes mercury is particularly dangerous. A good remedy for constipation, sure. Possible ingredient in immortality potions, yes of course. Dangerous? Only if you drop a bucket of it on your foot.

They start getting occasional references to vague symptoms like headaches, muscle aches, insomnia, etc., that come with no mechanical effects. Attempting to explain this to NPC healers gets a no duh, you guys are adventurers who sleep on the cold ground, it would be weird if you didn't feel like poo poo in the morning.

All the NPCs were right. Turns out fantasy mercury doesn't work the same as RL mercury.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

DnD has Quicksilver as a weapon and armor metal type.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
https://i.imgur.com/15Iz134.mp4

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

gently caress, poo poo, i laughed

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker

PittTheElder posted:

I keep imagining it with the <doink> from Man Getting Hit By Football

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9104A29bycM

Invasive Pee Frogs

Tag yourself

ESDK
Oct 10, 2007

Well, it is Wednesday.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Borscht posted:

I miss the front page. I’m sure Jeffery is working hard on it tho.

Jefferry is always working hard and if you say otherwise, you'll get banned for sass

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Zereth posted:

the guy running the randomitemdrop tumblr does not actually know much about D&D mechanics

Honestly, I think most people who joke about dnd mostly know it from stuff like actual play podcasts and not knowing rules as written from playing and having to figure out what to houserule at the table.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I'm Landerig.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Honestly, I think most people who joke about dnd mostly know it from stuff like actual play podcasts and not knowing rules as written from playing and having to figure out what to houserule at the table.

yeah but the randomitemdrop guy actually made a post saying they didn't know poo poo about D&D rules when starting and don't know a lot more now

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
That's because the items are based on dungeons and dragons, the concept and past time of collaborative storytelling. You're thinking of Dungeons & Dragons™® the corporate engine created around gygax wanting to profit on poly dice

Kramdar
Jun 21, 2005

Radmark says....Worship Kramdar

Any baseball gambling memes?

Cheeseman
Apr 1, 2001

What, no inclusion of the true masterpiece, chex quest?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I remember playing some game with the 7-Up circle dudes

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

pseudorandom posted:

Tag yourself

i'm lambderig

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Sentient Data posted:

That's because the items are based on dungeons and dragons, the concept and past time of collaborative storytelling. You're thinking of Dungeons & Dragons™® the corporate engine created around gygax wanting to profit on poly dice

It's not just a corporate engine, it's a murder hobo simulation framework too! Also a lot of profit in supplemental books.

And the other thing is called roleplaying, a concept that is substantially improved by switching to any system that doesn't try to simulate physics accurately

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

A friend of mine got Age of Mythology in a cereal box, didn't want it, and gave it to me. His loss, the game was brilliant, and I still have the soundtrack in my rotation.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

ftfy

Other memes:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Brawnfire posted:

I remember playing some game with the 7-Up circle dudes

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Are there any Runequest memes?

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

I like that musk one

Good poo poo

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Drop one and someone will double it, honest

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Karate Bastard posted:

I'm forums double agent Landerig.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Joe Lieberman died.

Bottom text.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

I don't remember it too clearly, but I remember that game had some crazy good animation

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Joe Lieberman died.

Bottom text.

Cool who was he?

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Cool who was he?

If I’m remembering correctly, he’s the reason the Affordable Care Act was neutered from its original scope.

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

TremorX posted:

I don't remember it too clearly, but I remember that game had some crazy good animation

The Genesis version was superior though.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Cool who was he?
A heartbeat from the presidency if not for Jeb! stepping in.

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Cool who was he?

Manchin before Manchin, basically (also Gore's running mate in 2000).

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

kuarduck posted:

The Genesis version was superior though.

As with most games compared to the SNES. :smug:

No blood in Mortal Kombat? lol gently caress your kiddie device for children!

Yes I was a Sega Guy.

edit: ABACABB

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

But on the snes you can get both Mario and Sonic!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPGiMPz8ts0

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Joe Lieberman died.

Bottom text.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
I can't believe the meme thread is how I learn the president died. RIP Joe, at least you weren't Trump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Totally Reasonable
Jan 8, 2008

aaag mirrors

Desert Bus posted:

I can't believe the meme thread is how I learn the president died. RIP Joe, at least you weren't Trump.

no it was the other bad one