Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Cartoon Man posted:

Is Miami Vice streaming anywhere? It’s NBC so I figured it would be on Peacock but apparently they took it down 2 years ago. I don’t want to “files” it, would love to watch the show. I was too young when it came out, no way in hell my parents were gonna let me watch that.
I’ve wanted to see a few episodes here and there, there’s one with Leonard Cohen even.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

That’s not an edit. The organization there was originally called “Wilmington Health Access for Teens”, but around the time of the abortion clinic bombings and the political assault on Planned Parenthood, they changed the exterior to something more anonymous. :sigh:

Across the street from that building is one of the best restaurants in existence.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Grundulum posted:

Across the street from that building is one of the best restaurants in existence.

Work up an appetite by exercising at the Y.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

dude who did the Miami vice theme song also made this banger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7oilg2Satg

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

Grundulum posted:

what

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."

Cartoon Man posted:

Is Miami Vice streaming anywhere? It’s NBC so I figured it would be on Peacock but apparently they took it down 2 years ago. I don’t want to “files” it, would love to watch the show. I was too young when it came out, no way in hell my parents were gonna let me watch that.
You might try Paramount+. They have a bunch of NBC stuff from that time period. I think it was a licensing thing. I've been rewatching Cheers lately. Started on Peacock, but then they pulled it and put it on Paramount+.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Grundulum posted:

Across the street from that building is one of the best tourist traps in existence.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Grundulum posted:

That’s not an edit. The organization there was originally called “Wilmington Health Access for Teens”, but around the time of the abortion clinic bombings and the political assault on Planned Parenthood, they changed the exterior to something more anonymous. :sigh:

Makes me sad that Flaming Amy’s isn’t anywhere else :( went there when I visited family & the bacon cheeseburgerito was amazing

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Ommin posted:

You might try Paramount+. They have a bunch of NBC stuff from that time period. I think it was a licensing thing. I've been rewatching Cheers lately. Started on Peacock, but then they pulled it and put it on Paramount+.

Maybe somebody with that can check but from googling I don’t think it’s there either. It’s in limbo. Buying the complete DVD from Amazon is $80 may have to be the only way. Probably not gonna do that though.

:argh:

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe

Grundulum posted:

Wall Drug is across from that building?

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

Maybe somebody with that can check but from googling I don’t think it’s there either. It’s in limbo. Buying the complete DVD from Amazon is $80 may have to be the only way. Probably not gonna do that though.

Just pirate it. It’s ridiculous how fractured these streaming services are now.

I wanted to watch Nurse Jackie again which was on showtime and it’s been pulled because it wasn’t owned by showtime and isn’t on any streaming service.

gently caress em all.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

2/10 photoshop job.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Cartoon Man posted:

It’s not streaming anywhere right now.

For future info, the app/website justwatch will show you every platform that streams, rents, or sells shows and movies.

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice

Cartoon Man posted:

Your local library might have the DVDs.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

He betrayed his uniform

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Sounds like physical media still reigns supreme.

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

Yarr it surely don't matey

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

MarcusSA posted:

I wanted to watch Nurse Jackie again which was on showtime and it’s been pulled because it wasn’t owned by showtime and isn’t on any streaming service.

gently caress em all.

Did Netflix take it off? That's where I watched it in (I think?) 2021, and it was on there for a while afterwards.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Zipperelli. posted:

Did Netflix take it off? That's where I watched it in (I think?) 2021, and it was on there for a while afterwards.

Yeah it wasn’t there when I looked and I was subscribed to showtime so I checked there and I guess it was an MGM show? Or something.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Seconding justwatch for finding the platform something is on. If it's amazon or paramount, I'm still pirating it. Those are the most garbage streaming apps by a country mile.
It's easier to DL something and stream it using universal media server than hope those apps don't lock up (assuming they load the show at all.)

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

its all nice on rice posted:

Seconding justwatch for finding the platform something is on. If it's amazon or paramount, I'm still pirating it. Those are the most garbage streaming apps by a country mile.
It's easier to DL something and stream it using universal media server than hope those apps don't lock up (assuming they load the show at all.)

I sub to Prime but once they started with the ads I instantly added the shows I watch to Plex.

It was horrible, in a one 50 minute episode of Invincible there was a 90 second unskippable ad at the start, and 3 60 second unskippable ads peppered in the middle.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Honestly I'd rather do heroin than stream a hulu

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
Netflix and nod

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

I'd buy that for a dollar

e,c:

LifeSunDeath has a new favorite as of 17:22 on Mar 29, 2024

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Cartoon Man posted:

I use this site to figure it out fwiw: https://www.justwatch.com/us/tv-show/miami-vice

But I often end up filezing it anyway because I take too long before whatever I'm watching leaves its service.

(Direct answer, apparently it's streaming on AppleTV currently.)

My partner's aunt was a villain-of-the-day on Miami Vice lol. Formerly an Italian-horror scream-queen. She became a lawyer and is so embarrassed by her acting career and refuses to talk about it.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Grundulum posted:

One day I hope someone spraypaints Lil Jon under it. And can confirm Flamin Amy's is the goddamn best.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

MarcusSA posted:

gently caress em all.

We were screwed as soon as Netflix was a success.

BORN TO WATCH / STREAMING IS A gently caress / Pirate Em All 1989 / I am filez man / 410,757,864,530 DEAD STREAMING SERVICES

McPhearson
Aug 4, 2007

Hot Damn!

teethgrinder posted:

I use this site to figure it out fwiw: https://www.justwatch.com/us/tv-show/miami-vice

But I often end up filezing it anyway because I take too long before whatever I'm watching leaves its service.

(Direct answer, apparently it's streaming on AppleTV currently.)

My partner's aunt was a villain-of-the-day on Miami Vice lol. Formerly an Italian-horror scream-queen. She became a lawyer and is so embarrassed by her acting career and refuses to talk about it.

I just checked Apple TV and it's available to purchase via iTunes, but not available for streaming.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Miami Vice was on Tubi until about a month ago and they yanked it to... put no where far as I can tell.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I wish I had the balls to roll up there with a usb stick and just steal like fifty copies of Friends, run em fuckers bankrupt

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

hawowanlawow posted:

dude who did the Miami vice theme song also made this banger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7oilg2Satg

That's pretty neat, sounds like something Röyksopp could've made like 15 years later, even!

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
It got an "edit" (which honestly is mostly just extending it) by French house guy Joakim a bunch of years back and everything. Very nice tune. Could have been straight off Moon Safari if it had been slightly less groovy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJgwmLP0fNo

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Ma'am.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Mr. Lobe posted:

I hope some day we get more LasagnaCat but that is a tough act to follow there

If you're craving some good weird internet I must recommend this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJlO5yTVH_8

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

Megabound posted:

If you're craving some good weird internet I must recommend this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJlO5yTVH_8

I probably overuse the word "unhinged", but Conner O'Malley deserves it. In the best way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manzoon
Oct 12, 2005

ALPHASTRIKE!!!

Grundulum posted:

Hell yeah