Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Does anyone have old thumbhead

I haven’t seen him for years

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

This is where front mission takes place.

ButterNBacon
Feb 17, 2004

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Shameful.

Perfection.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

:discourse: lovely

ButterNBacon
Feb 17, 2004

I knew there must be something to be done with the text, but all I could think of was replacing nouns with cookie. This is great.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Dabir posted:

For those of you out of the loop on British politics, the only way this is unrealistic is the idea that our PM would go anywhere near a normal person.

https://metro.co.uk/2024/04/19/rishi-sunak-wants-stop-gps-signing-people-off-sick-work-20677888

yeah unfortunately the new govt in NZ is taking a page from the Tories' playbook and doing the same thing

quote:

"They may want to do part-time work. They may want to get work-ready. They might want to do more programmes in preparation for work," [Prime Minister] Luxon said.

Anyway enough tory bullshit

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

[img]

This is really good.

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
I hope none of you stub-finger freaks are planning on breeding

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

You're supposed to press the buttons with the bottom of your thumb, not the tip

That's how you got stumbs

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

why have youse got fuckin toes for thumbs?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

So in Helldivers there's a special rock that always has rare minerals around it to collect and you can spot it from a distance because it has a distinctive look.

People keep saying it looks like a thumb. I'm like...I guess a little, maybe? Like a cartoon thumb or something? Not a real one though. My thumb doesn't bulge out like that. To me the rock looks more like a butt plug.

Now thanks to this thread I understand why these people think it looks like a thumb.

Goddamn freaks.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Tree Bucket posted:

Finger freaks you say? :wiggle:

Thank you for reminding me I have Resilar somewhere, this sinus bullshit is getting the gently caress out of my body or I’ll die trying (I will die trying)

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

What do you want to do? Who do you want to be?

teen witch posted:

Finger freaks you say? :wiggle:

Thank you for reminding me I have Resilar somewhere, this sinus bullshit is getting the gently caress out of my body or I’ll die trying (I will die trying)

Enough resilar and you'll leave your body before your sinus bullshit does

Dextromethorphan is a harsh mistress, she'll relieve your depression but make you forget how to hang up the laundry.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

This is Märket "the Mark" in the Baltic Sea. It's a shared island between Finland and Sweden, and for bureaucarcy reasons they had to define the border. Finland built the lighthouse, and wanted to keep it. Neither country wanted their surface area to change, so this border was the solution.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

The Sausages posted:

Dextromethorphan is a harsh mistress, she'll relieve your depression but make you forget how to hang up the laundry.

The dextro part sounds nice, but the meth orphan sounds like a real bad time.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

The Sausages posted:

Enough resilar and you'll leave your body before your sinus bullshit does

No stranger to the fourth plateau, raised by Robotussin. At least Resilar doesn’t taste like awful cherry death.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/aR568wo.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/62mCjGD.mp4

When I had my appendix removed last year, I discovered that morphine has no effect on me. I thought I was going to have to deal with the pain, because I also thought there was nothing stronger. Turns out, there's dilaudid. And, apparently, heroin.

Sagebrush posted:

So in Helldivers there's a special rock that always has rare minerals around it to collect and you can spot it from a distance because it has a distinctive look.

People keep saying it looks like a thumb. I'm like...I guess a little, maybe? Like a cartoon thumb or something? Not a real one though. My thumb doesn't bulge out like that. To me the rock looks more like a butt plug.

Now thanks to this thread I understand why these people think it looks like a thumb.

Goddamn freaks.

It looks like a fist coming out of the ground to me.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Tree Bucket posted:

I've got one stubby thumb and one normal thumb.

I can be your angle, or yuor devil.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

I have a lot of young, impressionable juniors on my team so I'm fighting the urge to post cynical programmer memes in the work chat.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

Radio Paranoia posted:

I have a lot of young, impressionable juniors on my team so I'm fighting the urge to post cynical programmer memes in the work chat.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Cringe

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

Cringe++

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊

This is mostly a pretty bad joke but I would not mind having gently caress around/find out instead of try/except.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

lol but also

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

am I remembering right that if you set j to ++i++, j would be i + 1

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Right? It should just be its_giving rizz ratios vibe smdh my dh frfr

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Dabir posted:

I think so. j = ++i first increments i then assigns the value to j, while j = i++ first assigns the value of i to j, then increments i. Or the other way around.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

This reeks of one of those “this isn’t real they’ve tricked us” memes

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Dabir posted:

That's what I expected, though upon trying it out in VS the compiler refuses to have anything to do with it (probably for the best).

This:
code:
   int i = 8;
   int j = (++i)++;     // this is fine
   // int k = ++(i++);  // compiler says no
Yields a value of 9 for j as you'd expect though.

e: upon checking the documentation it's because pre-increments return references, while post-increments returns a value and then increments the object. Had never really thought about it before but makes perfect sense

PittTheElder has a new favorite as of 19:04 on Apr 23, 2024

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Javascript is a joke language for clowns.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Yes but what do our resident Finns think about programming languages?

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

Warbird posted:

Javascript is a joke language for clowns.

But, doctor....

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Sagebrush posted:

Goddamn freaks.

That's called the "dick rock" actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

theironjef posted:

Yes but what do our resident Finns think about programming languages?

Did we not just say they love JavaScript