Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

Is that supposed to have two "l"s? Because I would get the joke in that case.

HYG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zb2y0Kyth3I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyml0FvN8_o

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

Is that supposed to have two "l"s? Because I would get the joke in that case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MQI8ZKNVRA

E: beaten.

Paladinus has a new favorite as of 14:08 on Apr 29, 2024

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

God I wish that were me

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

kiminewt posted:

I don't mean to shock you but I've known people who grew pigs and then killed and ate them.

That lady should definitely say "No no no don't worry, I'm also eating the puppies!" to become even more popular.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

It's a pretty good move, voters love abhorrent positions, and puppy murder is pretty far up that scale.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

I do 😢

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

She's from one of those states that lean very heavily in one direction or the other, so she could be shown on camera throwing puppies into a giant blender while cackling, and it wouldn't matter one bit.

Maybe it would affect her as a VP pick, but Trump would just spin it as something that all true red-blooded Americans do, and he loves it big time.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
I don't care about the "America Is Too Afraid Of Puppy Murder" memes and countermemes, but thats just my opinion....
🐸☕️

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

wizard2 posted:

I don't care about the "America Is Too Afraid Of Puppy Murder" memes and countermemes, but thats just my opinion....
🐸☕️

Ok, thanks for letting us know

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

CPColin posted:

:hai:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

CPColin posted:

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

wizard2 posted:

I do 😢

yeah... our patience!

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.

Goudse*

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

it's all right

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Gouda rhymes with chowder

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kit Walker posted:

Gouda rhymes with chowder

Are you sure, though? I heard from a goon before that it doesn’t rhyme with louder.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Forget it, Jake. That's like asking people to correctly pronounce déjà vu.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Gesundheit.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Phlegmish posted:

Or hors d'oeuvre

horse dove re

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎
Btw there is no way to get this right, I learned how to say it from one Dutch coworker and then tried to say it to different Dutch coworker and he was like “ugh, that’s how they say it on the OTHER side of the river”.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

It is my proud heritage to pronounce foreign words according to my bad faith Danish intuition.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Phlegmish posted:

The guy from Top Secret?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Go-Out-ah is the only correct way.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I tried to order gouda with the correct pronunciation but the guy tried to sell me a copy of Faust? I was very surprised. Normally cheesemongers don't sell books. Or is that bookmongers don't sell cheese...

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Now do Gose

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Goes-uh

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

it gose it gose it gose it gose it gose it gose it gose
Guillotine
YUH

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Lobok posted:

I tried to order gouda with the correct pronunciation but the guy tried to sell me a copy of Faust? I was very surprised. Normally cheesemongers don't sell books. Or is that bookmongers don't sell cheese...

Of course they sell books. What else would they sell?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Artemis J Brassnuts posted:

Btw there is no way to get this right, I learned how to say it from one Dutch coworker and then tried to say it to different Dutch coworker and he was like “ugh, that’s how they say it on the OTHER side of the river”.

I mean, you can go to the place the cheese is named after and just ask them how it's pronounced.

And then you can just call it goo-dah because ordering how-duh (and pronouncing it like you have a fish bone stuck on your throat) just makes it take longer to get that cheese in you.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
David Gouda

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
There is a regional delicacy in Ohio called Goetta.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Phlegmish posted:

I was going to say "is gouda pronounced with that ch sound like in Chanukah?" as a joke, only I looked it up and that's more or less right?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I don't pronounce it like that, but the Dutch speakers that are specifically from Gouda (which is on the bad side of the river) would.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Ḥow da

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Phlegmish posted:

I don't pronounce it like that, but the Dutch speakers that are specifically from Gouda (which is on the bad side of the river) would.

With a username like this, you know the poster knows their Dutch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Phlegmish posted:

Which river? I need to know how far south to dislike the Dutch.