Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
If you were at an airport to catch a conveyor belt plane, and walking along you see one of those moving sidewalks. It's going the wrong way (towards you), but just for fun you walk alongside it on stable ground and pull your wheelie luggage along the moving sidewalk in the wrong direction. If it's going 10 mph the wrong way do you have to run 10 mph forward to pull the bag? Or are the wheels just freespinning bits of rubber so it will move at the same speed as before (albeit the wheels are spinning much faster)?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

drat, undone :negative:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Jedrick posted:

more E.Y.E memes please

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
1. Witchers are mammals.
2. Witchers fight ALL the time.
3. The purpose of the Witcher is to flip out and kill people.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

marshmallow creep posted:

I'm not familiar with the guy on the right.

Oh I can clear that up. It's one of this guy's husbands.

(Tiger King on Netflix)

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
https://twitter.com/louceph/status/1284963574817927169

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

zoux posted:

Ain’t gonna be no Halloween this year

The poster holiday for wearing masks.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
https://twitter.com/mikescollins/status/1286357284877148161

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
https://twitter.com/lostthenumbers/status/1326421376660541440

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Guillermus posted:

Inject E.Y.E. memes direct into my veins please :allears:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

frankenfreak posted:

loving numbers, they spell doom for you at Sacrifice!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFoC3TR5rzI

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

freeedr posted:

Was that wrestler guy actually scripted to win the match he is talking about because that rant is even better if he already knew he was losing

He lost, but also Kurt Angle hurt himself and wasn't in the match which if you follow the equation ruins all of the math.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I guess you can say he really is the dead mouse now.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
https://twitter.com/DLEveryFriday/status/1395751353021091845

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
https://twitter.com/HedgeMom/status/1441427490392592387

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgMnCLHQuqc

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

kdrudy posted:

Strong Guy, he absorbs kinetic energy to make himself stronger, but if he doesn't use it within about 90 seconds his body becomes even more messed up. He got the way he is when he got hit by a bus as a teen and absorbed too much. He is in constant pain because of it.

Oh come on you gotta say his real name too - Guido Carosella.

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I demand a Wonder Man movie

So does he I suppose.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Short, hairy, square jaw, smoking cigar. That's clearly Wolverine.

The guy behind him is Bigger Wolverine, known as BW or BgW.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
https://i.imgur.com/3GXxO7Y.mp4

edit: there is sound

Saint Freak has a new favorite as of 19:29 on May 20, 2022

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Dear Animorphs Readers:

Quite a number of people seem to be annoyed by the final chapter in the Animorphs story. There are a lot of complaints that I let Rachel die. That I let Visser Three/One live. That Cassie and Jake broke up. That Tobias seems to have been reduced to unexpressed grief. That there was no grand, final fight-to-end-all-fights. That there was no happy celebration. And everyone is mad about the cliffhanger ending.

So I thought I’d respond.

Animorphs was always a war story. Wars don’t end happily. Not ever. Often relationships that were central during war, dissolve during peace. Some people who were brave and fearless in war are unable to handle peace, feel disconnected and confused. Other times people in war make the move to peace very easily. Always people die in wars. And always people are left shattered by the loss of loved ones.

That’s what happens, so that’s what I wrote. Jake and Cassie were in love during the war, and end up going their seperate ways afterward. Jake, who was so brave and capable during the war is adrift during the peace. Marco and Ax, on the other hand, move easily past the war and even manage to use their experience to good effect. Rachel dies, and Tobias will never get over it. That doesn’t by any means cover everything that happens in a war, but it’s a start.

Here’s what doesn’t happen in war: there are no wondrous, climactic battles that leave the good guys standing tall and the bad guys lying in the dirt. Life isn’t a World Wrestling Federation Smackdown. Even the people who win a war, who survive and come out the other side with the conviction that they have done something brave and necessary, don’t do a lot of celebrating. There’s very little chanting of ‘we’re number one’ among people who’ve personally experienced war.

I’m just a writer, and my main goal was always to entertain. But I’ve never let Animorphs turn into just another painless video game version of war, and I wasn’t going to do it at the end. I’ve spent 60 books telling a strange, fanciful war story, sometimes very seriously, sometimes more tongue-in-cheek. I’ve written a lot of action and a lot of humor and a lot of sheer nonsense. But I have also, again and again, challenged readers to think about what they were reading. To think about the right and wrong, not just the who-beat-who. And to tell you the truth I’m a little shocked that so many readers seemed to believe I’d wrap it all up with a lot of high-fiving and backslapping. Wars very often end, sad to say, just as ours did: with a nearly seamless transition to another war.

So, you don’t like the way our little fictional war came out? You don’t like Rachel dead and Tobias shattered and Jake guilt-ridden? You don’t like that one war simply led to another? Fine. Pretty soon you’ll all be of voting age, and of draft age. So when someone proposes a war, remember that even the most necessary wars, even the rare wars where the lines of good and evil are clear and clean, end with a lot of people dead, a lot of people crippled, and a lot of orphans, widows and grieving parents.

If you’re mad at me because that’s what you have to take away from Animorphs, too bad. I couldn’t have written it any other way and remained true to the respect I have always felt for Dr. Michael Morbius.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=us3pCHd8PLs

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

LifeSunDeath posted:

is that a jojo reference?

Actually it's a Crime and Punishment reference.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Data Graham posted:

*Obi-wan dresses in Lawrence of Arabia robes because he lives in a loving cave on a desert planet*

Star Wars designers for the next 40 years: "All Jedi dress in desert robes"

He went into hiding wearing what is apparently the Official Jedi Uniform. Absolute mad man.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
There's usually a ring. Just not the second ring.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Knormal posted:

I am offended by this cropping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Radio Shacks used to have like an entire aisle of remote control PT Cruisers. It was absolutely fascinating. Not cool enough of a car for a kid to want, but they weren't nice enough that an adult hobbyist would want one either.

Then again, weird Radio Shack decisions shouldn't surprise me.