Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

That first tweet alone would make me drink RC cola because DAAAAYYYYYUUUUUMMMM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Those statues are bad because they're not specifically monuments to the loss of life or to the fact there was a war, but are specifically statues commemorating how these noble men stood up against the norths vile oppression of "states rights" (to own slaves).

It would be like a bunch of statues of Hitler trampling on infants with a little plaque at the bottom stating "on this day in 1940, hitler finally cleared all the scum out of Warsaw, sieg hiel"

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Dreddout posted:

This is Nazi propaganda man...

Antifa doesn't even put up fliers or have regional chapters as far as I know

The oldest nazi trick in the book, false flag operations. They literally burnt the Reichstag down and blamed it on communists because they were the one group actively threatening their power.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

We are all but lost children, tossed amidst the flotsam in the ever changing sea of life...

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Communism would have a much better chance of working in the USA because is the one country the USA can't invade :science:

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Nope, a common misconception, they're actually for your mouth, as evidenced by the fact 6 grown adults poisoned themselves and died last year alone from eating them.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Cyberpunk 2077 looking good

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

MageMage posted:

Who is this?

High scorer on the “American target range biweekly festival”

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I love that twitter has dedicated 100% of its time and energy to making GBS threads on Elon Musk for being the dumbest motherfucker on the planet, but the memes about what a complete dipshit he is are lacking.

I mean you can't own him more than he owned himself, he's going to get kicked off the tesla board after he caused their stock to drop by like 2 billion dollars, from calling a hero a pedo for being in thailand, and THEN said hero is gonna sue him in a UK court and win a ridiculous amount of money (because he's accused him of a jailable offence, which means he auto wins a libel case in the UK unless musk has proof said claim of guy being a pedo is true (unlikely)), multipled by musks number of idiot muskateer followers too, which musk will either have to pay or be banned from entering europe for eternity.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

BEEP BOOP ADJUSTING ANGER SETTING UP BY 3.7% BEEP BOOP

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Calaveron posted:

These russian memes are light years beyond anything I’ve ever seen

Russians have been wanting to die of memes for longer than most of us have even been alive.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

INSTANT GULAG FOR PROMOTING THE HOMOSEX, COMRADE

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

breaking news: we regret to inform you that the shiba inu is racist

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Hmm, but what about the AnTiFa SuPeRsOlDiErS ? ?

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Weezer is the original Landfill Indie artist

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Paladinus posted:

This meme deserves a BOFA.

what the heck's a BOFA?

ligma nuts, haha

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

He mighta been a piece of poo poo but at least he understood the russians were the bad guys. Currently i think most republicans think the russians are good? But communism bad?

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

MizPiz posted:

Source your quote

Never, sourcing quotes is fake news my friend.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

The correct final line is "you're a pedophile", actually.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Ironically this is just a bastardised metric system, using funny sounding words to make it sounds crazy or difficult, rather than anything difficult with the implementation of it.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Centrist: "Maybe the antifa are as bad as the facists!!!! the real middle ground is only exterminating half the minorities"

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

This is because the french imperial honour guard were generally selected to be the tallest soldiers, for effect. This meant that someone average sized, like napoleon, was by comparison, short. Since he never went anywhere without his honour guard, this meant that anyone looking at him would assume, by comparison, he was a short man.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Bitcoin is trash. How do I delete someone elses web-comic?

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

from triggering DA LIBS to triggering the Nazis in one sentence, belongs in the blessed images thread truly.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

frankenfreak posted:

:hmmyes: Sherman was a counter-revolutionary.

The fact anyone remembers what the confederacy was or what it's flag looked like is proof enough that Sherman's march to the sea didn't go far enough.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

The real reason is the gang took shaggy to a hypnotist to try and make him less of a useless coward and did succeed in making him more confident to the point he effortlessly annihilates a knife armed biker gang who try to start poo poo with him.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Jeza posted:

Actually Hershey very clearly and identifiably did something wrong. They used sour milk rather than fresh milk in ye olden days, and now they artificially add butyric acid to simulate the taste of sour milk in their products. Most other American manufacturers followed suit, giving American chocolate that distinctive vomit taste. They also use more sugar and less cocoa, because why the hell not, already tastes like poo poo.

Not entirely true, refrigeration wasn’t as prevalent or good back then, so particularly in the states, they had to lyposize the fats in the milk to make it survive either a sea voyage or shipping across the states. The U.K. and Europe on the whole had much more prevalent dairy production and smaller distances for both shipping and sourcing so could reliably get fresh milk, same day, for making chocolate with which would then be shipped and eaten extremely quickly. The vomit flavour comes from this lyposizong process, and is now so ingrained with the taste of us chocolate they can’t change it.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Reminder he lobbied everyone to send troops to Gallipoli to die in a meat grinder that was ultimately the most pointless act of the war. As an NZ expat it honestly makes me angry to hear people defend Churchill’s military strategies because of it.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Christ, back in my day this was considered a fun day out. These days millenails ruin everything with their avocados and internet and *checks notes* yeet

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

I applied to work sales at a place that had a manufacturing wing on the premises and their substance standards were real high. Not as bad as this but I'm not shocked that manufacturing/construction/logging/mining/etc. require a lot of it.

Before they banned lunch drinking where I am currently am (this was back in the 90s, before I worked there mind) we had a scrappage rate 3 times higher in the afternoon then in the mornings. Turned out the machinists would go have a couple of pints with lunch and then come back and continue machining, understandably maybe not quite as well.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

I seem to recall a bunch of Juggalos and Furries happened to be marching on the same day as the nazis did and a bunch of nazis got the poo poo beat outta them and the police couldn't do anything because facial recognition software doesn't work on fursuits or clown paint.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

40k: the only game where the overpowered self insert fascist space Nazi faction wasn’t overpowered enough so they released a new line of overpowered space fascists

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Collapsing Farts posted:

What did they do

The mary sue faction (specifically, the ultramarines, because that's the sub-faction that matt ward has/had a boner for, at least before grey knights came out) that has the statistically best troops and equipment but also are authoritarian space nazis (that's their downside, no it has no practical effect in game), were not completely unstoppable enough in the right hands, so he released space marines 2.0, which as explained are physically bigger, for some reason even stronger and more ridiculous, but as a downside do require you to purchase a full new set of minitures (this is an upside to GW, though).

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Deep Space Nine Nine is amazing though.

Jokes aside I would 100% watch a star trek spin off which is just following a security team dealing with hilarious bullshit on a station or starship.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Only solution to brexit, imo. Can't have the UK leave the EU if only ROI exists :getin:

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

To the tune of piano man:
play in the yard you’re the children,
Play in the yard again,
In 3-5 minutes there’ll be feral hogs,
And there’s 30-50 of them,
La da da, la da dah, etc

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

The prequels are bad because George Lucas had absolute control and hence ruined them. In the original triology he had a bunch of other people involved who basically would sit him down and go “no, we can’t do that. It’s too expensive/doesn’t make sense/ is a poo poo idea/looks like trash”. When he got rich he could afford to fire those people and hire people who would agree that having an enormous scene with cgi bullshit everywhere on screen to the point it’s so cluttered the viewer struggles to understand what’s going on.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

This was me to the point that goonstation literally changed the role and prevented HoP from playing super-security. Duke Pukem for HoS 2019.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

LifeSunDeath posted:

Almost had to bare hand pull poop off my dog's butt just a min ago, otherwise she'd have run it back into the house...was making that face for terrifying second then it finally fell off.

my sweet summer child, clearly you've never had to deal with a dog that has eaten an elastic band or a hair braid before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Chef Bourgeoisie posted:

Hell yes Sherman memes.

I love reminding people that the fact people even remember tbh confederacy shows that Sherman didn’t burn enough of it to the ground.