Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

SubNat posted:

Yeah, I'm looking forwards to checking it out myself. Heard a lot of good about it, but finally got around to ordering it today.
Of all things, a doom wad is making it have a sudden spike in popularity.

What is the name of this book you are referring to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Yeah I always go to orgies for the buffet.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

They don't even let me gently caress the lamps :(

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I never understood bathroom readers. If I'm in the bathroom I have zero available focus for anything else as I'm in a white knuckle battle to survive. How do people find the time or focus or free hand to read anything?!

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I hate flying and generally feel like I'm about to have a breakdown even before I get on the plane just from the extreme amount of waiting and invasive security poo poo at airports. I can very much understand why people with legit mental illness constantly snap and flip out on planes. I think the real shocking thing is how many people don't lose their poo poo on planes, because flying god drat sucks. You've paid like $1400 to wait around in an airport for 2 hours after people take nude pictures of you and root around in your underwear, then you're stuck on a cramped metal tube for 10 hours with a wailing baby 2' from your ear. Within the first few hours half the bathrooms are out of order for some reason with perpetual lines. And you're almost certainly going to get sick. Once you finally actually land you find out they lost your luggage again.

At least the food is usually pretty ok. That's the one complaint I never understand, I've always had pretty fine to actually good food on flights.

I do love seaplanes though. None of the security theatre poo poo, you just show up 30 min before your flight, hop on, and you're at your destination in like 15-30 min. Fly low enough for an amazing view the whole time. A bit bumpy. Also since they usually fly downtown to downtown you can walk to the seaplanes and then walk from them. It's cool being able to visit seattle or vancouver and never use any sort of ground vehicle.

Baronjutter has a new favorite as of 18:18 on Jul 11, 2023

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

The idea of how fantasy "races" or species exist and relate to each other has really massively changed over the generations. Since they've often been used as stand-ins for race in the real world, they've kinda adapted along with the times. They've gone from "different fantasy races are significantly different in terms of innate ability and temperament and mostly keep to their own as is natural with peoples that are so incredibly and innately different" to "actually all fantasy races are basically the same and it's like hair colour or something, barely more than an aesthetic difference"

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Wasn't the post-script for Lord Of the Rings basically Aragorn spending the rest of his life doing a genocide on what orcs remain?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I love it when the worst criminals only have "mind your own business" as a way to deflect blame.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I love how it's just this tim and eric bit with the same actor and everything.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uk7Ae1-KfwY

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I'm shocked no one has posted this incredibly sad and real documentary on the state of the danish language and their decaying society.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGGX5gmwVbA
(english CC)

Baronjutter has a new favorite as of 22:12 on Mar 15, 2024

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I just got a brand new never used bike trailer for FREE because I asked on discord if anyone knew anything about bike trailers. Already been using it a ton. Hauled like 60 pounds of party supplies home on the weekend. Love it.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

It's weird to me that the bombing of serbia has been warped into some iraq-war level crime these days because surely everything the US has been involved in is just iraq, rather than an extremely just and good response to stop an active genocide being carried out by the serbs. The only problem with it is that the west didn't launch its campaign sooner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Plantation weddings should not be a problematic thing these days because they should have all been burned to the ground.