Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Sweet jesus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Looks no worse than that Final Fantasy movie.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Then it'll be like :O

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Paladinus posted:

I wonder how many people don't realise that Classical Gas is what the piece is really called, not just some random nonsense.

I wondered this too. Things like this are what cast a pall over a lot of Simpsons memes for me, like people thinking the "YEEEEEESSS guy" or the professor who says "hoyvin glayvin" or the cop who talks like "Nyaaa, see" are things the Simpsons made up and not ham-handed references to decades-old entertainers.

Yes I am great at parties thank you

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Oh, that's what we've said a hundred times before.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

They are the plucky underdogs!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Now that's ssssspicy

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

:thejoke:

(It was either that or Cobra Commander)

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Probably because it would have confused all these dummies in New York who think it's pronounced "Merry-o"

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Ignoranus posted:

There was a huge festival arranged by Ja Rule and this promotion company with tons of ads from various instagram models just tooling around in the bahamas; there were VIP tickets that cost as much as $12k and that's not even the most expensive ones. They said they were going to do private jets from Miami to this "private island" that's apparently actually a Sandal's Resort island and ended up with no money to run jets and it's turned into this weird Lord of the Flies thing where the tents are leftover garbage from hurricane relief efforts, the biggest acts pulled out ahead of time, and poo poo just kind of went insane.

#FyreFestival is going insane on Twitter; if you scroll back about 900 posts you'll be into yesterday, when everything was pretty quiet and you can see all the tweets that were originally promoting the event and crowing over the line-up they were supposed to have.

EDIT: There are some great tweets from the "FyreFraud" twitter account, which has been talking poo poo about the upcoming festival for a while now.

https://twitter.com/FyreFraud/status/857713338788315137
https://twitter.com/FyreFraud/status/857725091160969216
https://twitter.com/FyreFraud/status/857660012122058752

*hastily assembled wooden stop sign*
*blows through it*

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

At least we now know Landerig is weak to fire

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Please change thread title to ... I dunno, something else

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Ak Gara posted:

I just spent the last few minutes trying to wink with the eye opposite to the corner of mouth raised I just can't do it.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Artemis J Brassnuts posted:

Look at this guy who never worked in an environment where 50 people in a room had to agree what product packaging looked like. My bet is that they were drawn holding their right hands and everyone decided they needed to be facing the other way, so the art was just mirrored.

*face twitches, barely under control*

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

After all these years you have finally succeeded in making drugs uncool

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Some of us don't have fancy electric kettles to heat up on the stove

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

If Finland is going to start mainstreaming memes for advertising, I loving dare them to spurdo

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

PCOS Bill posted:

You think the fall of the west is funny?

Yeah kinda

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Jamesman posted:

Uhhh, pretty sure small impoverished children from China made my phone.

:capitalism:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

A meme like that can only sustain itself for that length when in the hands of a professional meme writer

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Randaconda posted:

Besides, bad writing and casting ruing the new Ghostbusters, not the sex of said cast.

How is Mad Max not on it, for that matter?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

All I can imagine with these is "mosquitoes"

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

People using "crescendo" to mean "climax" triggers me already, but I'm not sure what to do with "height of it's crescendo"

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

theflyingorc posted:

Same thing as "height of his climb"? I see nothing wrong with it

I'm saying it's probably correct by accident.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

"Look, you said two of each kind"

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I mean we're probably seeing only the top 1% of them but goddamn.

Lowmer

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Karate Bastard posted:

Oh so we're just gonna let this here thing slide are we? Since when is that thing a thing that we do?

Come on now you analgesic old bastard. There's a story here and I want to hear it. Spit it out.

What a choice of words

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Evan Dorkin nooo

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

So just so I'm clear, "woah" is now pretty much the official spelling, right? "Whoa" is dead?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

The world is a mass of incandescent gas

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

This was a legit selling point for palm pilots and the Handspring and such, like they had ads showing people doing it between train cars

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I mean I hate to be all :spergin: but I'm, uh. At a loss here.

Why are the planes crashing? Or are they crashing? Why is there a rescue boat (presumably coming from one of the planes) before the planes have even crashed/landed? Or are these even the same two planes from the earlier panel (which looked like they were on a collision course)? Is it saying that she gets no attention from passing aircraft until she makes a loss edit out of rocks and then all of a sudden rescuers come from every direction?

I refuse to believe that everyone's all :vince: simply because the rocks are loss because come on, we get much more obscure versions than that made out of floating cheerios in our bowls

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Sorry, it was a different thread (Funny Pictures) where it was also posted and everyone was flipping out. I guess we're more jaded in this thread.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Is it about boobs?

It's about boobs, isn't it?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Try as I might I can't hate this

:3:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

remusclaw posted:

Berryland looks like someone who just had a major accident and is now trying to book it to the toilet.

The position of Mashedachusetts does not help

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

"rocket"

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Elizabethan Error posted:

why does that sound like something Quark would enjoy

You can probably put quark on it if you want

Adbot