Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Blind Rasputin posted:

Radiohead sued Lana Del Rey over her song “get free” because it’s a shameless loving copy of creep. She owes them like 40% of all royalties post law suit. It’s worth a listen because it’s impossible to not hear Creep being played.

Also the cat looks like Thom Yorke.

I’ll hang up and listen.

I was wondering what STP and The Vines had to do with the meme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Facebook Aunt posted:

Chandler is the guy who is constantly doing zingers on everyone around him, but they like him anyway. For years he's been coasting through life with a "temporary" job doing data entry.

Ross is a nerdy guy who has had a crush on his little sister's best friend since they were all teenagers, but never had the guts to mention it to her. He's a paleontologist who works at a museum and is the only one of the friends making enough money to have his own apartment without needing a roommate. He had a pet monkey.

Soooo . . . neither?

Chandler also makes enough money (by the end) to have his own apartment - he just lets Joey mooch. So the only thing Ross has is the pet monkey.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Facebook Aunt posted:

Well, yeah. But if you skip to the end Ross isn't an incel anymore either.

It's about the midway point somewhere where Chandler gets successful. Ross is always someone they should have severed - even right at the end.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Memento posted:

I thought they meant what an Australian might call you as a term of endearment, that is now banned outside of Australia threads

When an Aussie calls you mate. Wait, no.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I recognise the song but not who this is.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

What does that have to do with Sonic?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

That's Zeeland. Zealand is in Denmark.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

It's just "here's a song I like" - i think the only one that did something interesting was the song that never ends.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

theflyingorc posted:

Understanding characters and their motivations is the basic requirement for making a relatable, compelling story. I have no idea why half of the cast is even there when the big battle starts

They are there ro die, which we can all relate to, eventually.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Stage 4 melanoma.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Pretty sure it was twins.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

You guys talk about the Silmarillion like it's Moby Dick or something.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Oi! I didn't come here to gently caress spiders, mate.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

alpha_destroy posted:

Cause it is very readable, switches genre seemingly for no reason, is super guy, and is funnier than you think?

Seriously Moby Dick is loving great. If you haven't read it you absolutely should.

I've read it, and it's a loving slog.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

DungeonGrindr?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

Which is understandable because if you use the right paint it confers a stat advantage.

Only for Orks though.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

That's easy.

A mortgage is where the bank buys a house, and you agree to buy the house from the bank.

The bank pays $200,000 for the house. They then charge you $1050 a month for 30 years.

"But wait" you say, "that works out to $378,000! That's nearly double!"

"Yes" I say.

"LOL, gently caress you, pay me" laughs the bank. "What are you gonna do about it, pay $1,800 in rent? Suck my dick."

Why are these numbers so low?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

If you're not getting affection from your house cat, the problem is probably you.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Jestery posted:

I was wearing my robe/kaftan down the street and saw a guy waiting to make an illegal turn that, living nearby, I know that causes a incredible amount of accidents

So I called out "double line dickhead" and pointed to the sign and the guy driving just had no response to a guy in a dress actively calling out his bad driving

That's my robe story

Also, lot of robe wearers ITT

Maybe it depends on your state. In NSW you can cross double lines to turn right at an intersection, to enter/leave properties, or to pass cyclists to maintain 1.5 m distance and avoid road obstructions. Unless otherwise signposted.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Jestery posted:

You cannot here, only to pass a cyclist, and there was a big sign there in front of the driver

I lived like 80 Meters from it and there was easily a crash/ding/squeezing brakes there once a month and the sign had been added in response

I'll try and remember next time I drive in QLD.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I spent too much time on this.
https://i.imgur.com/lzks7tt.mp4

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Memento posted:

It's a long bow to draw, certainly

But what does it mean for Kevin Rudd's leadership ambitions?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Sagebrush posted:

8 is one of the lucky numbers in chinese numerology too so seeing a bunch of 8s could just be that

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

The Demilich posted:

Top should be three 8's
Bottom should be one 8
???

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

axolotl farmer posted:

Yeah I don't know where else to post this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1aKT7r0S0Q

It'd be a good meme if someone changed the scream audio to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09LTT0xwdfw&t=21s

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Certain branches of Evangelical Christianity lean very heavily into this, in fact there is a chick tract which addresses this almost word for word:

https://www.chick.com/products/tract?stk=41

"The only guy I led to the lord was my cell mate"

And the guy he killed in the brawl.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

W/e texas is smaller than my state.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Android Apocalypse posted:

The Alaskan goon has logged on.

Lol no.

sarcastx posted:

I sure do get a kick out of Texans boasting about the status of their state as the second largest in the US, like, bicch there are only two* Australian states that are smaller than Texas and none of them have Greg Abbott at the helm.

Mess with Texas - the heartland of Dipshit America, at every opportunity.

*the ACT - wholly consumed by the superior state of New South Wales, does not count

I know right.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Glad I didn't go to the effort of making a Ramones Yes/No, or there would be no second joke.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Facebook Aunt posted:

Brits only get one sport, to share.

Have you seen them try to play it? Don't deserve more than one.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Oh we actually lost him.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Mauser posted:

very hastily researched attempt at Old French, the words are pretty much the same as modern

MacReady's day.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

Jeez, are they vax deniers too?!?!

There's been some benefits Hawkins played in the past for some "autism" group which is probably linked to anti-vax. But then again the Foo Fighters were playing Vax only shows and getting protested by anti-vaxxers. So googling makes it hard to find out exactly.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Modal Auxiliary posted:

No way it was COVID. My money is on OD.

I was thinking heart attack, and apparently details are emerging of him having chest pains and calling an ambulance.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Maiden loss.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Isn't it just a "how to talk to short people" thing?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

The Bloop posted:

It's because it's the normal (shorter) way to say out loud

"March 8th" vs "The 8th of March"

That's double the number of syllables! who has time for that!? Hence 3/8

You can just 8th March.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Mister Speaker posted:

If you've ever met an Ear, Nose & Throat doctor, they will absolutely tell you how far 'over' due you are for your nose being broken or whatever.

Violent bunch.