Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Deep cut :smaug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Borat: take my husband,.. please!

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

ChubbyChecker posted:

your a dickdorkian sense

(Checks lab results)

He's right

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Spoopy, surely

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Killer robot posted:

Totally different energy. One's smug and thinks he's cool and smart, the other's loud and earnest. For a third option, the Spider-Man explaining meme focuses on him being absurd and Zendaya's look straight to the camera.

It's like how the Lisa Simpson, Spider-Man, and Jim Halpert presentation memes convey different attitudes and types of ideas.

the text works best when it makes zero attempt to sound like an actual conversation

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

This made me chuckle

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Potato Salad posted:

drama teachers :smith:

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

(Yelly girl) THE REVERSAL OF LITTLE AND A IN A LITTLE TREAT WAS THE POINT OF THE SALAMI JOKE IMPLYING THE CAT WAS WRITING THE CAT CARE TIP AND HAD THE TYPICALLY FLAWED GRAMMAR WE ARE FAMILIAR WITH FROM 2000 ERA LOLCAT MEMES SO FAILING TO REVERSE IT COMPLETELY RUINS THE

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

BonHair posted:

Speaking of burning CDs, remember how that one program (app for any gen z reading) was called Nero Burning ROM? That's some quality pun you just don't get these days.

Omg

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I would prefer not the shotgun suicide memes, is that ok

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Brawnfire posted:

Man I absolutely knew some kids with cop-rear end faces. Know some now. Stocky little buzz-cut assholes with a dead stare. Someone oughta shut down that factory

I went to school with a guy called Warren and he was the most bland dude you can imagine, like nice enough but I couldn't tell you a single thing he said or did in the entire five years we were in the same class, he just completely faded into the background.

Saw Warren a while after we had all finished school and asked what he'd been doing and he said 'I've been an undercover cop infiltrating a biker meth ring' and I was like ???? and then I was like ahhhh

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

3D Megadoodoo posted:

It's what it's.

I've just gotta be i'm

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/yellowbook/2020/preparing-international-travelers/travelers-diarrhea

quote:

Travelers’ diarrhea (TD) is the most predictable travel-related illness. Attack rates range from 30% to 70% of travelers, depending on the destination and season of travel. 

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Paladinus posted:

Fun fact. Even though beans on toast is a staple British dish today, its origin is very American. Baked beans in their modern form are a New England invention, where it was enjoyed in various forms, including as something to put on bread, way before the British made it part of their now iconic breakfast. To this day Massachusetts is sometimes called the baked beans state. This is also why the American Heinz baked beans is the go to for beans on toast for so many Britons.

that is a fun fact

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

youtube premium owns, unfortuantely

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

kalel posted:

mods please namechange me to Bitch King

Pm me to confirm and I will do this

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Anime Store Adventure posted:

Memes that require “my child said” or “I trained an AI on this prompt” to be funny but are clearly faked and/or curated responses chosen to be funny are bad.

Why do you think it's faked? That a kid can't write 20 names for imaginary dogs in a row?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

DontMockMySmock posted:

at the very least, the idea "my child took my phone and typed their response to my question instead of just saying it out loud like a normal human" strikes me as exceedingly implausible

but also have you met kids? none of those "my child said the funniest thing" posts ever sound like the voice of an actual child. if you want one that i think is genuine, the "kids write jokes" twitter is probably mostly actually kids; you can tell because they loving suck and aren't funny

the dead giveaways in this particular meme are the e with an accent mark typed by a presumably english-speaking child on a phone presumably configured for english, and spelling "champagne" correctly. although it doesn't specify an age, so perhaps the child in question is a particularly intelligent teenager (at which point it still stops being funny for, again, not being written by a real child)

frankly 'give me your phone and I'll give you the list' is an excellent way if stopping them yelling out random dog names for the next five minutes

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

This made me lol heartily ty

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Dumpmaster General posted:

do it coward, you won't, even you must have standards

They have abandoned humanity and live among the beasts now, Dumpmaster General

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

RFC2324 posted:

Turn off your monitor

Ay caramba

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Kit Walker posted:

Oh did they get tired of calling themselves incels?

dark lmao

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

ChubbyChecker posted:

it's a good song and i play it completely every time

Yeah I was listening to it, it still slaps

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

i lmao'd ty

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

What is the context of that in scrubs?

Vvv ty!

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

BonHair posted:

For those of us who are not car pilled, why do you need all those horsepowers anyway? As long as you can go the speed limit with 4 guys, isn't that enough?

Going brrm is fun op

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

boofhead posted:

Oh yeah true, I forgot how messy the first season was, but I think the second season improved a lot from a storytelling standpoint. To be honest I mostly asked because it confused the hell out of me why people were so upset about it.. either you like it and keep watching, or you don't like it and you don't watch it, apart from that who gives a poo poo?

I am definitely uneducated here but I get the impression that the exact same angry nerds who are bursting an aneurysm about how bad the witcher show was, are probably the exact same idiots who will happily gush about how good the avengers or star wars movies are. Or, as you say, just people who would otherwise be big big fans of "the gamer word"

I think I'm just confused as poo poo by how much hate it got despite it being relatively solid all things considered, especially compared to the source material (the books, I mean). I would happily watch another season or 2. But somehow Marvel is continuing to make another 5000 movies I will never ever watch and nobody complains about that

Where are you getting people hating it from? It's 8-9/10 on the usual sites.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

A funny fact I just discovered about the delorean is that its speedo only went up to 85mph

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

some plague rats posted:

oh no! not a rick and morty level buttfrustsrated witcher stan having a meltdown!!

Yes, a rick and morty level buttfrustsrated witcher stan having a meltdown.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Tree Bucket posted:

You've made me angry at how "future" is pronounced
FEWTCHER

You mean futtery?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Tree Bucket posted:

We did the same, but knocked it off when we had a kid and they started learning stuff wrong...

That's the only good thing about being a parent, come on, that's the secret knowledge

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

droll posted:

I like when the bottom gets crispy af from the butter frying it

I like when it's soft af from the butter moisturizing it

I like the garlic

It will make you fat

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

droll posted:

Then I am winning because I'm already fat

:btroll:

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

teen witch posted:

I’d say it’s a marker of me Becoming An Old for me to find distaste with the dirtbag left but some of them are like, older than me. Essentially my thoughts boil down into this.

I mean I have my own podcasts I will unfortunately ride or die for but like, they’re no chapo.

E: maybe I’m more surlier

What's that from?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

rydiafan posted:

Just a heads up that while it's a great show overall, there is a definite bell curve to the quality. Season 1 is very mediocre 90s sci-fi, but it lays a lot of foundation that's important for later in the story. Season 5 suffers because the show had a 5-year plan and at the start of year 4 the studio told them they were canceled and this was their last season, so they crammed all the stuff planned for seasons 4 and 5 together, causing season 4 to be one of the greatest things sci-fi television has ever graced us with. Then, because it was so good, the studio said "never mind you can have season 5 after all" but now they didn't have any plot left and had to wing it.

Edit: Jesus, what a nerdy loving snipe.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3925635&pagenumber=1&perpage=40 is the spoiler free thread. There's actually plenty to like about s1 and s5, but the middle three are basically peerless once you click into it's slightly hammy groove

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Crescent Wrench posted:

This is loving bullshit. Seven of Nine wasn't added to the cast until season 4.

Wasn't there some elaborate reason why seven of nine led to the election of trump or something?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Large Testicles posted:

Jeri Ryan's husband was running for some Illinois seat> drama comes out about their marriage> Obama gets her husband's seat instead> B'rock the Islamic Shock is elected president and makes fun of Trump> Trump vows revenge> Trump becomes president

Yep that was it!

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

ranbo das posted:

I played the entire Mass Effect Trilogy as Male Shepard what does that make me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

some plague rats posted:

I thought the whole gimmick of that movie was that he's a chav until he gets given a suit and stops being one. Right? I watched it on a plane I don't fuckin know

That is exactly the plot