Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Zzulu posted:

I'd be pretty grossed out if someone called me daddy in bed

You call me MASTER or CAPTAIN or EMPEROR

Do you sound like Vader in bed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

alexandriao posted:

ugh is there NOWHERE I can be free of the loss memes

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/651479514836369418/683727382741647448/Car_Engine.mp4

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Can I kindly request you all to not post pictures of people shaking hands anymore, in order to try and stop the spread of the virus?

Thanks.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/visitestonia/status/1238885142237773838

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...e-idUSKBN21114U

> “To prevent the outbreak entering in Madagascar, all flights connecting Madagascar to Europe are suspended for 30 days,” Madagascar President Andry Rajoelina said in a statement.

⚠️ MADAGASCAR HAS CLOSED ITS PORTS ⚠️

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Since this is only a problem in the app, ask the app devs if they can extract an image link from any twitter link if it exists and just show it in the app under the link?

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

So, I thought this was funny.

Then I looked it up.

Turns out there actually was a loving Toyota Corona car too: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Corona

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Sorry, what's a "high-functioning 4chan user"?

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Ancient meme time.

"Addendum of the Amsterdammer, newspaper for the Netherlands, October 23rd, 1887."

"Amsterdam Police, its past, its present and its future"

im the 1950 rocket bike car thing.

edit: Or is that supposed to be a gatling gun?

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Spanish Manlove posted:

Yeah, double posts suck.

When the day comes that SA is full and we can't post anymore, I'm gonna blame the double posters first.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Captain Splendid posted:

The stark, Eastern European nation of Brazil.

I'm going to read back and check but I remember from his Twitter account that he's a massive Bolsonaro fanboy :smith:

"Girls who vote for Bolsonaro are always hotter than those who vote for the Worker's Party"

gently caress. I was enjoying that channel.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Zetsubou-san posted:

getting real "clown juice isn't real and can't hurt you" vibes from this one

Why do people assume you can only use these cartons for storing liquids?

They're little speculaas cookie flakes for making sandwiches with. This is a nutella speculaas sandwich.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

I am a survivor from the precoronazoic era.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Thanks now that song is stuck in my head.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Spanish Manlove posted:

I keep two emergency CDs in my car in case the bluetooth connection to my phone is acting weird and it's safer to just press "CD" than fish out the aux cable while driving

I sometimes listen to the radio. Crazy, I know.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Doe even normaal man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaIzl1Tz-so

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Interestingly "morningtime has gold in the mouth" and "biting through the sour apple" are sayings in Dutch too. The first one rhymes in Dutch.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

It's quite the move to call a ship the "Of course I still love you". Imagine trying to have a casual conversation about that.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Dammit I've only read Player of Games and Excession so half these Culture memes go over my head.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Factory work of some kind, looks like.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

tag urself

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7INRWFj0JyA

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Memento posted:

this but Earthsea

What's up with Earthsea? I don't know it well enough to know its controversies.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Memento posted:

The meme says you should introduce your kids to Narnia, which is jesus-y as gently caress, when it actually should say you should introduce your kids to Earthsea, which is Cool and Good.

At this stage I have been comprehensively beaten in the thread, but would still like to put my $0.02 in, because I am nothing if not a goon.

See, my thought was the meme was to replace Harry Potter with Narnia, going "haha let's replace something controversial (JK Rowling's opinions) with something else controversial, Narnia, because of all the christian overtones in otherwise a fun fantasy series.

So I was thinking the poster was trying to add to the joke by posting something else they thought to be controversial. But instead their answer wasn't a joke but was straight? Straight answers, in my meme thread? Apparently it's likelier than I thought.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

whats a cum mathematician

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

D'you happen to have an imgur gallery link for these? Asking for a non-SA friend.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

It never gets old huh?

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

This is the kind of stuff you get in an e-mail Fwd Fwd Fwd Fwd Re Fwd Re Fwd from a grandma.