Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH

not again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH

Poor New Zealand, neglected again.

e: world_cat_without_new_zealand.jpg

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH

FFT posted:

B^Ut it is about hex values, dang

Colour 1 is close to #7e7e7e, colours 3 and 4 are pretty close to #007e7e and #7e7e00 respectively. It's some kind of nested loss fuckery but i can't quite figure it out all the way.

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH
Fennoswedish is god's chosen language :finland::hf::sweden:

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH
Somewhere, Brother Jonathan is sweating and he doesn't know why.

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH

Somfin posted:

Nah, if you look at the logo and squint into the negative space it's v. clearly a swastika

That's a loving stretch.

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH

Karate Bastard posted:

Oi I didn't know the brits were kolbacers

And you got the wrong link for sweden friend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FlNVAiXa3Q

no u

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zE0O9JLzU9k

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH

I'll take the skullet any day.

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH

Mmmhh yes that's the stuff

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH

Jerry Cotton posted:

What's the question :confused:

Oh, 0.9999 definitely isn't 1, it's 0.9999. I misread your post, sorry.

The third line there would be 9x = 9.999... -x, that calculation doesn't prove poo poo.

E: That's not to say I disbelieve 1 = 0.999... , this is just a quirk of the decimal system. Similar fuckery happens in other numeral systems aswell, just with other numbers.

Catpain Slack has a new favorite as of 13:37 on Apr 5, 2019

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH

Jerry Cotton posted:

So you think 9.999... - 0.999... is something other than 9? Because if so, you're just plain stupid.

But you're not subtracting 0.999... there, you're subtracting x.

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH

Jerry Cotton posted:

What's the first line?

I'm not mathematically eloquent enough to describe what I'm trying to say here, but this is the essence of it https://www.quora.com/How-can-I-prove-9-99999-10

While that calculation might illustrate the point well, as an actual proof it's worthless.

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH
If your meat starts smoking, consider using lube.

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH

The new rosetta stone.

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH

Fartbox posted:

Why are americans so sad and suicidal

Because if they ever happen to be out of a job and seriously ill simultaneously, they'll go bankrupt?

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH
pisssssssss

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH

Elissimpark posted:

Prob for the best that Korea and Finland eternally weakened each other in the Hyper Wars.

Not sure I could live in whatever world that is.

(What are Thingummy and Bob in Finnish, anyway?)

Tiuhti ja Viuhti

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH
That Johnny Five-Aces auction is sitting at 4420.69 USD lmao.

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH

All of those warmongers should have fighter jets flying overhead.

E: hey i should learn to scroll down

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH
Just wait til it croaks.

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH

loving lmao.

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH

What kind of hosed up fireball does 19d6?

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH
Somewhere, BroJo feels a compelling urge to flip some coins.

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH

zoux posted:

Hey since you're all here, why do y'all speak english so good? Also do they teach you guys specifically American accented English, because there are a bunch of Scandinavian actors who speak perfect unaccented American English, like the Skarsgard bros.

As for the vaguely American accent, it's because speaking with a British accent makes you sound like an upper-class twit.

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH

Lanky_Nibz posted:

I see a lot of these memes and hear a lot of the stories of PC's running amok. The best way I've found to combat this while still remaining fun and open with the table, is having the PC's need to explain what it is they're rolling for. So like, "I rolled a 20 on persuasion with the merchant, now everything is free!" is boring cause it does nothing to actually add to the story or characters, and instead becomes about arbitrary number games. If they come up with something like "I try to convince the merchant that I'm a long lost relative based on this signet ring I found," then all of a sudden there's more interest and conflict injected into the session. And then, honestly, even if they don't roll high and I like their explanation enough, I'll still give them something.

Yes I've spent a lot of time trying to wrangle numbers obsessed PC's, why do you ask? :downs:

Id' imagine this will eventually backfire when someone starts explaining, in great detail, how they are going to gently caress that dragon.

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH

gently caress yes

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

The normal psi of a urine stream is about 0.5 and a water jet cutter runs about 90,000 psi.

So if you want to kill someone with your piss laser you'd need to have roughly a 0.75mm urethra (average is about 9mm) and ureter smooth muscle contractions that have the force equivalent of being able to lift 600 tons in order to still only have an effective killing range of about 6".

Clearly the superior killing piss is the wide bore.

You should really ease up on the bicycle pumps my dude.

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH

:eyepop: lmao

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5-AhIDzqAs

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH

bike tory posted:

but you'd have to peel them and poo poo, I don't have time for that, how are you meant to eat like twelve of them in a sitting if youve got to stop and peel the fuckers

Thing is, it's completely impossible to eat one of those fuckers in less than three sittings.

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH
Archer is going to be devastated.

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH

Milo and POTUS posted:

Only gotta make it a couple

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH

Memento posted:

"not the animated bit directly before it and definitely not the animated bit directly after it".

flying_circus.txt. Terry Gilliam sucks poo poo.

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH

Inside you, there are two Calvins...

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH

Subway held an art contest as a cross-promotion for the remastered Spyro trilogy, some of the other entries are really neat!

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH

Guillermus posted:

Can anyone explain this one for someone from the other side of the Atlantic? I feel is a big :oof: but some context would help :)

She got shot while trying to storm the Capitol on Jan 6.

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH

FFT posted:

90s/00s internet content is a meme, but that doesn't mean that all the old things you remember are memes.

there are Killer Bean memes, but the Killer Bean videos aren't memes

hth

Ah, but have you considered this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XccUMOQ978

hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBVqS0-Ts0M