Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Nosh on a squash

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

this is an interesting new angle on goon face blindness

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jerry Cotton posted:

OK this was posted once before and IT SUCKS loving poo poo BECAUSE IT LACKS ONE GOD drat JOLENE I MEAN WHY WOULD YOU MAKE THIS MEME IF YOU'VE NEVER EVEN HEARD THE SONG GOD loving drat BAN THIS SICK poo poo

yeah agree

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

RyokoTK posted:

Trent Reznor holds the opinion that the Johnny Cash cover of Hurt is better than the original.

Trent Reznor can be wrong, sometimes

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

im dead now

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Lisa was the worst when I was a lovely edgelord teenager, and now as a whiny liberal adult she’s the most relatable to me

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Karate Bastard posted:

I don't know but this filled me with glee for some reason

lol

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

:piaa:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Karate Bastard posted:

I've seen that Ugandan Knuckles meme is starting to be pretty popular in usersub and even on the front page lately. There's some confusion on it's origins and how it became a thing so fast so I'll try to clear things up a bit.

The meme originates from Uganda's first action movie "Who killed Captain Alex" by Wakaliwood studios. Most of the memes you see on the front pages are quotes from the movie. Phrases such as "Do you know the way?", "GWE GWE GWE", "Are you the queen" are all quotes from the movie in a mock African accent. If you're interested in the actual movie, it has English subtitles and can be found on Youtube for example. Few of the things like fake spitting and "clucking?" are just something that VRchat users created themselves.

Link to movie: http://youtube.com/watch?v=KEoGrbKAyKE

The Uganda memes have existed for quite some time before exploding all over the internet. Ugandan Knuckles is but a variation of the meme. Ugandan Knuckles is a popular character in a game called VRchat which is basically just a virtual reality game where you can create or choose your character and then interact with it with others. VRchat user "Gaztons" popularized the Ugandan Knuckles character which is from a parody video which was created as a 3D model and then used in VRchat.

Gaztons, who is often referred as "the commander", went on a mission to recruit more players to join his tribe and it blew up all over the internet. A video uploaded by user "Stahlsby" currently has over over 4 million views on Youtube but you can find video compilations and highlights of Ugandan Knuckles tribe in VRchat and all over the internet.

Link to the Stahlsby's video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hxjofn2bYE8

The first ones to spread/create Uganda memes are considered to be Forsen's viewers. Forsen is a popular streamer on Twitch platform. Forsen and his viewers created memes and took the Uganda memes an extra mile further every chance they got and often linked and spread newly created memes among his community and even sent him Uganda's flag which can be seen on his stream's background sometimes. Even Forsen's donation and subscription sounds/emotes also relate to the Uganda memes.

The Uganda memes especially took off when Forsen started to stream "Playerunknown Battlegrounds" which all of us are probably familiar with. Forsen's viewers would regularly "streamsnipe" which basically means getting in the same game as him and finding him in-game to shout quotes and memes from the Who killed Captain Alex movie. They even made a mock movie "Who sniped captain Forsen?".

Forsen's video. Warning: language/loud sounds. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07wHeiKeF6g

Forsen's community feel like the meme was stolen and ruined by the mainstream (mostly by the VRchat's Ugandan Knuckles). Most of the ones using the quotes don't know where the meme originates from and only know a small fraction or only the "We know the way" (which actually refers to knowing how to use a gun in the movie) and it's being used way too much so that Forsen's community feel like it's being stomped to the ground at an incredible pace after being content for them for months. "We know the way" is but a fraction of the memes but the old memes are linked directly back to the Ugandan Knuckles so there is basically no point as the Uganda memes are being overused.

If you are interested for reason x or y, you can search for other popular quotes/memes of the Captain Alex movie. It's somewhat hard trying to explain or paste the more popular quotes and memes (or at least they were more popular until "we know the way" took off) but you can find them from various highlights of Forsen videos for example. Memes on Forsen's videos often include other inside jokes but they're out there.

We made this just so we could say: taco look at the Imgur app.

Fall down the internet's rabbit hole
Save your favorite dank memes
Easily upload & share your images
Learn how to line-dance. Maybe.

Get the App

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i can’t deal with this

my god

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

DontMockMySmock posted:

You know what they say: ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer. So it follows that if you ask a load of stupid questions, you'll get a load of stupid answers. Here we gooooooo

Yes, because English is weird and people use "accident" to mean "vehicle collision."

Well, if "twice as cold" has any meaning, then there are two options: defining it against an arbitrary reference point, or half as hot. The arbitrary reference point is untenable, because it leads to unintuitive situations. For example, let us say that our reference point is 70F, which is pretty standard for "comfortable human temperature." Then -70F would be twice as cold as 0F, since it's twice as far from the reference point. But that also means that 90F is twice as cold as 80F, which doesn't really pass the smell test, in my opinion. That leaves us with the second definition: half as hot, which does actually have a physical meaning. -229.8F is half as hot as 0F because it's half the distance from absolute zero (-459.67F), our handy non-arbitrary reference point.

Yes, it did. It's one of the most amazing and remarkable things in the universe. Out of this entire list, this one most deserves the weed "whoa".

The word "scent" comes from a French word spelled with a (non-silent) s; the c was added in English later. So I would say the c is silent.

This was already explained, but the "d" in "fridge" is an added letter to clarify the pronunciation of the short "i", which wasn't necessary to add to the original word "refrigerator."

You're cleaner, but you're not ever 100% clean. Furthermore, bacteria can live in the towel, feeding off your skin oils and skin flakes, and producing gross smells as a byproduct.

The strange thing about alphabetical order is that it predates English by millennia. Our alphabet comes ultimately from the Greek alphabet, and so does the word "alphabet", which comes from the first two letters in Greek alphabetical order, "alpha beta." No one really knows why the Greek alphabet was ordered the way it was, but it rubbed off on speakers of Latin, and from there to various Latin-based languages like French, and from French to modern English.

You don't need language to think. But often you do use language when you're thinking, and if you're deaf from birth, you've probably learned a form of sign language, and that's what you'll think in.

Yes. Well, 1% chewed-and-mixed-with-stomach-acid nacho.

No, that's not weird. We learn to process language through sound long before we learn to process it through sight, and that auditory understanding of language never leaves us.

This is less like a weed "whoa" moment and more like a dad joke. Words can have more than one meaning.

By the changing of the seasons. The whole business of setting up a calendar system is to track the changing of the seasons, so, y'know, the calendar is synced to that. As for why (for example) the vernal equinox is called "June 21st" instead of rotating everything around so that it occurs on April 2nd or some other day instead, well, that's down to arbitrary tradition going back thousands of years. The history of the modern calendar is pretty interesting, actually, especially with how much the Romans used to gently caress with it.

Yes; the term "dogpile" does not require the animals to be dogs, only that they pile up like a group of fighting dogs. Why ask this question about cats but not about humans? Humans are no more dogs than cats are.

Another dad joke. "Lie" has two meanings. You're telling the truth if you're telling the truth - regardless of whether you're lying in bed.

Put it in a bigger garbage can, or compact it so that it can fit in another garbage can.

Water itself does not activate your taste buds, but it can have flavor for a couple different reasons: 1, because it is impure, and the impurities carry taste; 2, because it washes away a taste that your mouth had adjusted to, thus giving you the opposite taste. For example, if you eat something sour, then wait a bit, your tongue will adjust to the trace amounts of sour left in your mouth, and washing them away with water may taste sweet.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Too good for this lovely earth :unsmith:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

roses are red
chocolates are sweeter
folks who make memes
have no sense of meter

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

no ultimate warrior one 0/5

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Hihohe posted:

Sneeds feed and seed. (formerly Chucks)

It’s this, or Krudler

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

Like dough but take away the 'd'

Oh

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3438423&perpage=40&pagenumber=29#post432200869

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

MageMage posted:

Who is this?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Paddock

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jerker

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

donquixotic posted:

FFS its fewer. kill you are self
its silly to insist on that distinction, especially when less and fewer share the same antonym

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Samuringa posted:

I love Mr. Vengeance, it is such a good slow burn

Lady Vengeance was...weird but in a good way? The cop giving instructions to the families on how to properly hurt the child murderer without killing him was some pretty hard black humor.

I liked in Lady Vengeance when you’re like holy poo poo when did this go black and white

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Tommy Wiseau?!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Your dog is trying to tell you to clean up after him

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

the west is really hosed in the great meme race, my god

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

2008: bad game released, is called bad
2018: bad game released, is called bad, is improved, is called good

yeah wow that’s some crazy fucken poo poo there

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

no mad guy

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

bike tory posted:

Lets just get it straight that the devs of No Man's Sky outright lied about, or at least failed to deliver on, a lot of their key selling points for the game. People who preorder games are dumb for sure and anyone who believed NMS was going to be much more than it ended up being was naive, but the main dude is pretty lucky he wasn't sure for false advertising at the very least.

If I commission a website with XYZ features but get a barely touched up WordPress template I'm gonna be rightly pissed. It's pretty akin to that imo.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

:bisonyes:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Steve Holt! posted:

*slaps roof of meme thread* this bad boy can fit so many loving probations in it
lol

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

it's funny because the show about literal police officers has cooler more likeable characters than the movies about the space laser wizards

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

bike tory posted:

What about hairy chest, small dick, no rear end, big tits, no muscles?
they’re in r/mgtow if you’re looking

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

this right here :unsmith:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Bob Ross was too pure and good for this tainted world.
I bet him and Mr Rogers are having the chillest time in Heaven :unsmith:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Yestermoment posted:

Actually, they're quite possibly burning in hell because they didn't embrace the one true God.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Luring chuds In so he can stab them