Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Anyone who was alive in the 80s and has any appreciation for ironic/clever mashups should really check Neil's CDs out. Not everything works but there are some real gems scattered around. A quick personal hilights list:

Mouth Sounds:
Vivid Memories Turn to Fantasies, Will Smith's Men In Black recut around one of the lyrics
Daft Mouth, HBFS and the other Smash Mouth song
Mullet with Butterfly Wings, easily the highlight of this first CD and one of Neil's most successful mashups overall

Mouth Silence:
Rollercloser, another entry into the mismatched lyrics/music projects
Pokemon, Jackson 5's I Want You
Back with news reporters and politicians awkwardly talking about vidya gaems
Crocodile Chop, Crocodile Rock + Chop Suey = why does this work whyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Piss, mostly Tubthumping with 100 other songs thrown in, basically a Jock Jam but it's actually interesting
There's also a bunch of Smash Mouth stuff hidden throughout the album, going as far as messing around with the file creation date to be the day before All Star was released.

Mouth Moods: (easily the strongest of the 3)
Floor Corn, another entry into the mismatched lyrics/music projects
Annoyed Grunt, just a bunch of stuff piled together, similar to Piss from his previous album
Bustin', Ghostbusters recut to be explicitly about loving ghosts instead of just implicitly like the original
Tiger, Eye of the Tiger recut to be about a tiger man doing tiger things tiger
The End, another entry into the mismatched lyrics/music projects
T.I.M.E., YMCA lyrics over swelling Inception orchestration
Wallspin, Wonderwall + Spin Me Right Round = dancing?
Wow Wow, Will Smith's Wild Wild West cut up to be about bums
Mouth Pressure, Queen and David Bowie and All Star oh fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Who What Now posted:

Dan Harmon is in his 60s or something.

Mid 40s, think that makes him an old Gen X.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Elysiume posted:

"American" names for a baseball game.

And so the custom name list file for my XCOM install grows yet again.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

TopHatGenius posted:

Beautiful. I just started a new campaign so now I need to do this.

So far I've got the baseball team, the two Key and Peels "East vs West" skits, and all the names from that one MST3K episode, about 137 names. But I didn't even know we had a Stupid Names thread, that poo poo is over 200 pages. Gonna take a while to work through all that...

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Took me a second to remember how knights move, good one!

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Randaconda posted:

Scottish Twitter owns

I'm watching Broadchurch right now and hearing all these flow smoothly through my mind without having to pause for translation is freaking me out man.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

The Bloop posted:

Those were fun until the joke died at the end there

Distorted Sarah Silverman still hot.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Joe the Strummer posted:

Notice that Superintendent Chalmers take one out bite of his steamed ham, but when he shows to Seymour that they are obviously grilled, it is a full unbitten patty.

There are five variations of that clip in the meme thread every day and this bugs me about every single one of them :argh:

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Thread, bring me your finest Dead Daddy Bush memes please.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Elevator Screamer posted:

Never been a big fan of the New Order

What the gently caress

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw-jSymE76o

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

"Today is a great day to kill."
-God

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Samuringa posted:

The real Game of Thrones were the memes we made along the way

I know, a thousand monkeys on a thousand typewriters, but this actually bothered me :mad:

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Zzulu posted:

Japan sucks

Counterpoint:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQq9iPeN4vU&t=2744s

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

"job"
"kissed"
"name"
"owned"

Why yes I do work in infosec, why do you ask?

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

this_picture_is_looking_at_me_and_i_dont_like_it.jpg

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Happy Holidays my chonky friends

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cqX3UNAUeA

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
^^^ :hmmyes:, and don't let those dicks at AutoZone tell you any different!

Very randomly noticed this earlier today, I thought it was, well...

edit:
OHNO I ruined it by making this very post :(

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Memento posted:

The Long Kiss Goodnight gets a regular playing around Christmas time here as well.

Still remember seeing that poo poo in theaters. Sammy J can always carry an entire film by himself when he wants to.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4I8cmS5Idk

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

The ring is the cycle of abuse visited upon poors, who then turn around and vote GOP because Thanks ObamaTM

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

I'm in this picture and I loving hate it :smith:

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Spent a few seconds thinking you really hosed up Groverhouse before I saw it.

The Virgin Goblin VS the Chad Brad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsMKOx6fumc

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/cura_chan/status/1600509896268603401

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

That was easy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bjDrg5q7ZY&t=57s

Reposting some old classics:

https://bukk.it/wtfro.gif
https://bukk.it/caffeine.gif
https://bukk.it/nangnangnang.gif
https://bukk.it/sad-keanu.jpg
https://bukk.it/9000.gif
https://bukk.it/abe-vigoda.jpg
https://bukk.it/airbag-accomplished.jpg
https://bukk.it/anteater.jpg
https://bukk.it/applause.gif
https://bukk.it/argue-morgan.jpg

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

BonHair posted:

This kinda happened to me one time, I'm a very bad kisser, so our teeth knocked together and mine broke and landed in her mouth. She was a bit alarmed, but this particular tooth had already been glued on a few times, so I was pretty chill about it.

Post/avatar combo on point.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Tree Bucket posted:

The ole reverse Excalibur.
Rubilacxe?

http://rubila.cx :hist101::goatsecx:

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Dunno, in a mood.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Heath posted:

How many of these things are specific to Midwestern PE? We had all of these when I was growing up but I meet people from other places who never did matball or the parachute thing

Went to elementary school in a suburb of Houston, I got everything but the rolling cart things, probably because even in the 80s people realized what a finger death trap they were.

Heath posted:

The rolling boards kicked rear end :colbert:

Aw man :(

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

They could really use that new computer

Man those Learn To Code billboards go back further than I thought :corsair:

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

CPColin posted:

Always the meme thread

One of my college professors (this would have been in the early 00's) didn't know how to tell the grading machine to read both sides of these things, so he told us all we had to buy 2 so he could just scan the first side twice :doh:

Takes No Damage has a new favorite as of 08:39 on Aug 14, 2023

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It's brutal enough in north Texas that the news had to assure everyone that this wasn't statistically hotter than summers past.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

maybealabia posted:

Using up all the posting slots and never adding Geno

i got u fam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQO2wEJefjM

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

generatrix posted:

The "can't hear dialogue" thing isn't just people getting old.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYJtb2YXae8

I like how the sound mixer he interviews says they can't just turn the dialogue up, it's not that easy. Yes you can, yes it is. You can make explosions and gunshots sound loud compared to other sounds, not just speech :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

CPColin posted:

Those panels should be in the opposite order and "you" should be "ye", hth

:hmmyes:

e:

Grassy Knowles posted:

In the garbage so you can replace it with a mother of pearl knob

Pearl? Get on my level you absolute audio scrub I actually feel sorry for you if you don't have one of these:

quote:

Dynamics are better and overall naturalness is improved. Here is a test for all you Silver Rock owners. Try removing the bakelite knobs and listen. You will be shocked by this! The signature knobs will have an even greater effect…really amazing! The point here is the micro vibrations created by the volume pots and knobs find their way into the delicate signal path and cause degradation (Bad vibrations equal bad sound). With the signature knobs micro vibrations from the C37 concept of wood, bronze and the lacquer itself compensate for the volume pots and provide (Good Vibrations) our ear/brain combination like to hear…way better sound!!
Only $485 each!!!

Takes No Damage has a new favorite as of 18:06 on Aug 16, 2023