Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Fantasy

E: I love many fantasies including monogatari

Namtab fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Mar 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Grouchio posted:

I am sorry that I brought up false interest in a show whose genre I would never condone. Can we move on from this hiccup?

Take my advice if you want to move on, because this isn't the first time you've posted something you had to backtrack on. Just read this advice and take it in, don't try and debate it.

1. Re-read your posts before you post
2. Don't double down on a bad idea
3. Just say sorry. This thing I'm quoting makes it sound like you were either trying for the "I was joking all along" or worse, the puppetmaster defence

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I'm very excited for the new Eccentric Family season, that show was wonderful

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i think i gave the shuumatsu books a pretty fair shake, but one of the young girls turned out to be the love interest which killed my interest. the guy is supposed to be their combination teacher and parent, you know? drenching everything in melodrama doesn't make that poo poo okay.
If you don't like melodrama, you should stay far away from this, but I don't think they handled that plot point badly.
Kutori really is the only one of the girls who has any romantic feelings for the main character, and she's the oldest of them.
A 14-15 year old girl crushing on an authority figure really isn't all that unbelieb, doubly so if the guy really is only 4 years older than her (unless you count the 500+ years he was petrified).
And when he realizes what's going on, he goes to the other adult around and has this conversation:

quote:

“If you want to talk about romance and fiction, do it elsewhere. I mean, I won’t deny that I appear to be liked by some of them.”

“Hmm?” Naigrat opened her eyes wide. “That’s a little unexpected. I thought you were the type of character oblivious to that kind of stuff.”

“Don’t say character… I’m not performing an act or anything.” He scratched his head. “I want to have a serious talk. Love is something that just wells up on its own when you get to that age, regardless of whether or not you actually have a partner. Most of them quickly find someone to pit those feelings against. Someone nearby of the opposite gender, a distant idolized figure, that ideal someone they hope to meet someday. Some keep throwing their feelings at these futile dreams until the very end.

… the girls here never got a chance to do any of those things. Then I came along. Their possible targets increased from zero to one. So, by some weird logic of their own, they convinced themselves that they were in love. Anyways, something like that — what’s with those eyes?”

He realized that Naigrat was staring him down with the utmost intensity.

“Eyes of disbelief at finding a man much worse than expected.”

“What… I don’t believe I said anything strange. Anyway, I think most of them just yearn for a father figure. Of course I’m glad that they like me, but it’s nothing more than that.”

“A boring answer, huh?”

“Boring means peaceful. Nothing better than that, right?”

And after that, he talks to the girl, who was basically prepared to suicide bomb herself in the next battle:

quote:

“Well, how about this. If you go fight and return home, I’ll listen to one request. Anything you want.”

“Eh?” Kutori was caught off guard for a second. “I-It’s not like I really have anything I want you to do for me. Besides, even if you say ‘anything’, you probably won’t actually do anything big. Like if I said ‘marry me!’ or something…”

“Pass.”

“… of course I know that. But, I’m curious. Why?”

“Well, it’s just not in the range of things I can do. Just like if you requested me to ‘bring a dead guy back to life’ or ‘eliminate all the Beasts’, it would obviously be impossible.”

“Marrying me is as impossible as those things?”

“Of course.”

A child around that age feeling some sort of attraction to a nearby reliable older figure of the opposite gender was only natural. It might have been one valid form of love, but it was also a temporary passion brought about by the sheer lack of options. So taking a step back while that fever cooled down was the responsible thing to do as an adult.

“At least wait until you’ve grown up a little more.”

“If I had the time then I wou–!”

“You have time,” Willem said, cutting Kutori off mid sentence. “You’re about to go fight and buy that time, aren’t you?”

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
yeah, it just isn't my thing.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Definitely going to check out at least a few episodes of that Danmachi spinoff and Sakura Quest. More Natsume is always a good thing too, and oooh a new spooky short

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Namtab posted:

Take my advice if you want to move on, because this isn't the first time you've posted something you had to backtrack on. Just read this advice and take it in, don't try and debate it.

1. Re-read your posts before you post
2. Don't double down on a bad idea
3. Just say sorry. This thing I'm quoting makes it sound like you were either trying for the "I was joking all along" or worse, the puppetmaster defence
Thank you.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Will give a shot out of curiosity:
Armed Girl's Machiavellism.
BEYBLADE Burst God
Frame Arms Girl. Build Fighters clone?
Yu☆Gi☆Oh! VRAINS

Will definitely watch:
My Hero Academia 2
Sword Oratoria. If it has more dungeon stuff like promised. The first season was still enjoyable.
Re:Creators
Sakura Quest
Attack on Titan Season 2
Shuumatsu. The novel review sold me on this, will read it after I'm done with my current book
Warau Salesman New
Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I am glad only one or two things seem to be catching my eye. It means I won't be overloaded with LWA continuing and watching through that Teenage Romantic Comedy snafu series since it has a season 2 too.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tamba posted:

If you don't like melodrama, you should stay far away from this, but I don't think they handled that plot point badly.
Kutori really is the only one of the girls who has any romantic feelings for the main character, and she's the oldest of them.
A 14-15 year old girl crushing on an authority figure really isn't all that unbelieb, doubly so if the guy really is only 4 years older than her (unless you count the 500+ years he was petrified).
And when he realizes what's going on, he goes to the other adult around and has this conversation:

And after that, he talks to the girl, who was basically prepared to suicide bomb herself in the next battle:

the way it keeps emphasizing 'opposite gender' is pretty lol

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

girls can't be daddies

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Who says?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

list of anime girls i would call daddy:

tsubasa kazanari

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I'm a weak baby man and all the anim girls make me call them dad

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Endorph posted:

list of anime girls i would call daddy:

tsubasa kazanari

I don't think Maria would be happy about that

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Guy Goodbody posted:

I don't think Maria would be happy about that

Chris, however, is probably extremely into it

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
MY HERO ACADEMIA SEASON 2

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

MY HERO ACADEMIA SEASON 2

Wondering whether I should bump the season 1 thread for it or just make a new one.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Waffleman_ posted:

Wondering whether I should bump the season 1 thread for it or just make a new one.

I'd just go ahead and make a new thread. New threads get more eyes than old ones, and it's the perfect opportunity for a fresh start. I'd link the old thread on the OP foe posterity's sake, though.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I see Julias is Crabcat now.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Julias posted:

I'd just go ahead and make a new thread. New threads get more eyes than old ones, and it's the perfect opportunity for a fresh start. I'd link the old thread on the OP foe posterity's sake, though.

At least I can take the character profiles from the old thread because it's still alive. I'll work on it tomorrow.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
The Crabcat population is growing...

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I shall remain steadfast in Fafnir's scornful gaze.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Fixed that for you.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Checking out my rear end, I see.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

We all know what Fafnir's into

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Spring Season 2017: they don't make it to the basement in this season posted:

My Hero Academia 2 (Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season)
Bones | Nagasaki, Kenji | ... | Action, Comedy, Super Power, School, Shounen | Manga | Apr 1, 2017
The second season of Boku no Hero Academia.
Thread

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria
J.C.Staff | Suzuki, Youhei | ... | Action, Adventure, Fantasy | Light novel | Apr 15, 2017
Sword princess Aiz Wallenstein. Today, once again, the strongest female swordsman heads to the giant labyrinth known as the "Dungeon" along with her allies. On the 50th floor where mysteries and threats such as a decayed dragon's corpse that crumbles to ash and an irregularity that creeps ever closer to the party loom, Aiz calls for the wind and heads deeper into the darkness of the Dungeon. Eventually, she finds herself meeting a boy for the first time. "Um, are you OK?" In the Labyrinth City of Orario, the contrasting stories of the boy and the girl intersect!

Granblue Fantasy The Animation
A-1 Pictures | Itou, Yuuki | Cygames | Fantasy | Game | Apr 2, 2017
This is a world of the skies, where many islands drift in the sky. A boy named Gran and a talking winged lizard named Vyrn lived in Zinkenstill, an island which yields mysteries. One day, they come across a girl named Lyria. Lyria had escaped from the Erste Empire, a military government that is trying to rule over this world using powerful military prowess. In order to escape from the Empire, Gran and Lyria slowly head out into the vast skies, holding the letter Gran's father left behind - which said, "I will be waiting several years from now at Estalucia, Island of Stars".

Attack on Basement Season 2 (Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2)
Wit Studio | Araki, Tetsurou/Koizuka, Masashi | ... | Action, Basements, Drama, Fantasy, Shounen | Manga | Apr 1, 2017
Second season of Shingeki no Kyojin.

Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho
White Fox | Hirakawa, Tetsuo | ... | Action, Fantasy | Light novel | Apr 10, 2017
The "grimoire fantasy" series follows a witch named Zero who is ignorant of the world and a half-beast half-human mercenary who longs to be human. Witches who practice sorcery exist in the world, however, in this era no one knows how about the art and study of witchcraft. Zero is going on a journey to search for a magical tome called "The Book of Zero" that hides a power that can destroy the world. The mercenary travels with her as her guard.
Lots of fantasy shows this season, some I've never heard of before. Zero looks interesting, did anyone read the LN?

What's the Dungeon show about - Tower of Druaga 2017?

quote:

The 7 Deadly Sins (Sin: Nanatsu no Taizai)
TNK | Yoshimoto, Kinji | Suzuki, Masashi | Ecchi, Fantasy | Other | Apr 15, 2017
You, will you be a worshipper of the devil lords? These beautiful lords lead humans to the seven deadly sins: pride, envy, wrath, sloth, greed, gluttony, and lust. A revealing fantasy that craves to corruption and happiness starts now.
Didn't this already come out on Netflix?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jackard posted:

Are you thinking about The Seven Deadly Sins?

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
I'm hype for more MHA.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Jackard posted:

Netflix took the four extra episodes and called it the second season.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

^^^^ :jerry:

Guy Goodbody posted:

Are you thinking about The Seven Deadly Sins?
Uhhhhhhh. Is this something else with the exact same name?

e: oh god

Jackard fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Mar 14, 2017

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Jackard posted:

Yepper!

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
They probably should've just kept Sin as the English title, but instead we got Sin: Nanatsu no Taizai and Nanatsu no Taizai with indistinguishable localized names instead.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice

Jackard posted:

^^^^ :jerry:

e: oh god

This too, is perfect.

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

was looking up laughing salesman and i'm loving that mangaupdates has so little information on it that it just throws out boruto as a suggestion

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

the true horror is the realization that naruto fucks

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Grouchio posted:

OVERLORD SEASON 2 YEAAAAAAAA~
Where

quote:

Re:Creators
Humans have created many stories. Joy, sadness, anger, deep emotion. Stories shake our emotions, and fascinate us. However, these are only the thoughts of bystanders. But what if the characters in the story have "intentions"? To them, are we god-like existences for bringing their story into the world? Our world is changed. Mete out punishment upon the realm of the gods. In Re:CREATORS, everyone becomes a Creator.
What a total non-explanation.

Jackard fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Mar 14, 2017

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Re:CREATORS is the Rei Hiroe joint, right? I'll check it out on that merit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

I'm picturing something like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwIt5wagRsg

how far off am i

• Locked thread