Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
That's Frame Arms Girl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Jackard posted:

I'm picturing something like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwIt5wagRsg

how far off am i

there's a PV for it here: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-12-29/re-creators-original-anime-reveals-1st-promo-video-story-full-staff-april-premiere/.110457
it's a genre mashup action show

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I see a cool knight lady. Sold.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Tamaya! http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-03-10/overlord-tv-anime-gets-2nd-season/.113293

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

so it's concrete revolutio but less pulpy then

hmmm.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Renai Boukun sounds like its basically GalGun: The Anime.

If Im enjoying Konosuba and Dragon Maid, what should I look into this season?

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Furnaceface posted:

If Im enjoying Konosuba and Dragon Maid, what should I look into this season?

Unfortunately you've already watched the two best shows so it is only downhill from here.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I don't think it's similar to either of them but you should definitely watch the first season of Eccentric Family. The second season is airing soon but it's also fantastic on it's own

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
I'm falling behind on winter and on a casual skim nothing for spring jumps out at me as particularly worth giving a shot. I'll give it a few weeks and see what becomes the adtrw darling.

Until then my bizarre fascination with complete garbage means I'll probably try to watch the first episode of Boruto.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

I'm surprised the Crunchyroll video quality debacle hasn't been talked about here at all, unless it's in the chat thread.

But the short version is that a few days ago, CR changed their encoding to use a newer (but still ancient) version of x264, and changed the encoding settings to something yielding significantly lower quality. Oddly, the first version uploaded (for playing in their ancient Flash player) is still the same quality as previously, but 48 hours after an episode becomes available, the files are replaced with the new, worse encodes.
Several are recommending to cancel your CR subscription, citing decrease in video quality as the cause.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

It looks like they plan to fix it because enough people called them on it

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-03-14/crunchyroll-responds-to-drop-in-video-quality-plans-to-re-encode-catalog/.113433

cosmo321
Jan 6, 2011
But will they improve over the old okayish quality or just the new awful qualify? :iiam:

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

everybody shut the gently caress up, we are getting a salaryman anime

motherfucking hype

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i feel like the CR encode stuff has been explored pretty well off-site, and now they've released a sort of statement, but it's def a lovely move. not a good look after what went down with their engineering layoffs, and all this coming after they established their pseudo-monopoly on simulcasts. having not noticed a difference in quality, I wouldn't cancel over it. their increasingly regular downtime (across both the website and apps) could definitely push me away though. this stuff and amazon's dumb anime membership do have me a bit worried for the legal streaming side of things though.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I have noticed two downtimes over the past couple of weeks. It's pretty lovely.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
I switch to lower quality CR just to make it load faster

:q:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I usually have to watch at whatever the second lowest quality is because my internet is so lovely so whining about bad 1080p streams just makes me lol

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Yea man it's not like anime is that high-quality in the first place

:grin:

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Wait the new seven deadly sins isn't new the seven deadly sins? Fuggin lame.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

kater posted:

Wait the new seven deadly sins isn't new the seven deadly sins? Fuggin lame.

Well, at least we've found number one on the list.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

https://u.nya.is/ogudbk.mp4

new kyoani

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I should probably look up what Violet Evergarden is actually about at some point before it hits, huh

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Gorgeous

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

This is spring?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

No, it's just a trailer.

Gorgeous trailer, mind. It looks closer to Silent Voice than any of the TV shows.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Jackard posted:

Lots of fantasy shows this season, some I've never heard of before. Zero looks interesting, did anyone read the LN?

I've read what's been translated (not much at all, only a little more than half of volume 1). From that little bit, it gave me some spicy wolf vibes in that it involves bantering travelers slowly building a relationship in medieval fantasy world, though the stakes are more calamitous than the personal drama of spicy wolf. It's deece, I like the Mc tiger dude's attitude toward things, though it's mostly kept in his thoughts. Of course, with 7 volumes out I don't know if the little I read is representative of the whole thing.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
yeah TLs are quite slow but I'd seen people read further and say it does a proper job dealing with themes of discrimination and religious oppression. the main draw is the smug heroine's "smart yet worldly naive" schtick, ofc

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Screw spring 2017, gimmie spring 2018 and the Yuasa-directed Devilman reboot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyO6hdw6IzU

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

El Burbo posted:

I've read what's been translated (not much at all, only a little more than half of volume 1). From that little bit, it gave me some spicy wolf vibes in that it involves bantering travelers slowly building a relationship in medieval fantasy world, though the stakes are more calamitous than the personal drama of spicy wolf. It's deece, I like the Mc tiger dude's attitude toward things, though it's mostly kept in his thoughts. Of course, with 7 volumes out I don't know if the little I read is representative of the whole thing.
Sounds fun!

Davincie posted:

u.nya.is/ogudbk.mp4
Fullmetal Alchemist looking different

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

El Burbo posted:

That's an interesting comparison :queued:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

So this is happening:

https://twitter.com/MinovskyArticle/status/842124985414111234

E: Ah gently caress, I shoulda looked up.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Mar 15, 2017

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Srice posted:

Motherfuckers actually did it

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Srice posted:

Never seen or read devilman, but that's cool. He's also got a film coming out in april apparently

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Linnaeus posted:

Never seen or read devilman, but that's cool. He's also got a film coming out in april apparently

Two films coming out fairly close to each other, in fact!

Science Saru has rapidly become a p busy studio.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there have been so many devilman manga

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

El Burbo posted:

spicy wolf vibes...bantering travelers slowly building a relationship in medieval fantasy world...

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

So this is happening:

https://twitter.com/MinovskyArticle/status/842124985414111234

E: Ah gently caress, I shoulda looked up.

agraph (the composer for pingpong and space dandy) is doing the music, also. and the script is by ichiro okouchi (the geass creator, though he also did the scripts overman king gainer, planetes, kabeneri, and valvrave)

Endorph fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Mar 15, 2017

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Science Saru is incredibly powerful!!!

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Oshiyama isn't on Devilman, is he? I heard he was doing something with Yuasa later this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Endorph posted:

agraph (the composer for pingpong and space dandy) is doing the music, also. and the script is by ichiro okouchi (the geass creator, though he also did the scripts overman king gainer, planetes, kabeneri, and valvrave)

Okouchi? That's a warning sign. His last three original TV screenplays were Guilty Crown, Valvrave, and Kabaneri, and Devilman seems like it'll be the sort of property that encourages all his worst instincts.

• Locked thread