Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Davincie posted:

are you ready to game my fellow gamers? with the official anime about gaming, called gamers. a gamer hell yeah from me, to you, my fellow gamers

I hope this anime gives many insights to the small niche community known as 'Gamer'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Never read this one, but I will follow Fukuda to hell and back.

the anime adaptation aired last year and was criminally overlooked

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

please watch saiki k., everynyan

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
If I'm hungry will I have to eat Gamer Grub while watching the Gamer show

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

dogsicle posted:

the anime adaptation aired last year and was criminally overlooked

It's their own fault for airing it the same season as Mob Psycho

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

saiki was and is the better comedy

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

dogsicle posted:

saiki was and is the better comedy

Mob Psycho wasn't a comedy though :confused:

It had some jokes, but that's like saying

Saiki is a better comedy than Evangelion.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Mob Psycho was better when it was a comedy.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Julias posted:

Mob Psycho wasn't a comedy though :confused:

It had some jokes, but that's like saying

Saiki is a better comedy than Evangelion.

Huh? It had drama, sure, but comedy was definitely the primary tone. The entire series climax, where Reigen went Saitama on the villains, was one big joke.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
A comedic tone does not make something a comedy. The main plot beats were all drama and action, having to do with Mob and what he thinks about his powers and how and when he should use them. It isn't primarily a comedy, even if it's full of joke's.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Noted Comedy, Katanagatari.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

dogsicle posted:

please watch saiki k., everynyan

I read some of the manga and it was good, I'm not much for comedy so I didn't stick with it but what I read was funny.

psyer
Mar 26, 2013
Crunchyroll's technical response to the video quality fiasco.

https://medium.com/ellation-tech/improving-video-quality-for-crunchyroll-and-vrv-dd587261a364#.x0jevlwzz

It sounds like they really messed up the encoding settings and did not catch it until encoded their entire catalog.

They have been switching simulcast videos after a couple of days until they fixed the issue. It seems that the issue has been there for at least 6 months. Now that the public got wind of the issue, they are scrambling to try to fix it.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Speaking of Crunchyroll, at least through searching I haven't seen anyone talk about VRV.

Their parent company is starting an Anime/Gamer/Nerd network and for $10 a month there's a subscription bundle with Funimation and Crunchyroll among the offered content networks. It even links to Crunchyroll granting premium access.

The only downside I can see is there's no web player right now (outside of Crunchyroll's site.)

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Why would I use VRV if I'm already using Crunchyroll? There's a delay between when stuff shows up on CR and when stuff shows up on VRV anyway.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

an actual dog posted:

Why would I use VRV if I'm already using Crunchyroll? There's a delay between when stuff shows up on CR and when stuff shows up on VRV anyway.

Once you sign in, there's an account link. The Crunchyroll site then takes premium status from VRV. They even sent me an email advising me to cancel my Crunchyroll recurring payment afterwards.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

You link your VRV account to your Crunchyroll account and just watch stuff through that.

I guess it might be worth it if you're interested in other channels in the package besides Crunchyroll.

Argona
Feb 16, 2009

I don't want to go on living the boring life of a celestial forever.

The anime monopoly is becoming real with vrv, since they have both funi and crunchy in their combo pack dealie.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
i'm the federal antitrust lawsuit against the anime steaming industry.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

baked animes only

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm from Utica and I've never heard of steaming anime before.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm from Utica and I've never heard of steaming anime before.

Utica? I don't get it.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Davincie posted:

are you ready to game my fellow gamers? with the official anime about gaming, called gamers. a gamer hell yeah from me, to you, my fellow gamers

this but ironically

Mugticket
Sep 13, 2011

Is that guy in the tiny bubble the protagonist? The titular Gamer?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Silver2195 posted:

Utica? I don't get it.

Watch the Simpsons. Steam some hams.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Argona posted:

The anime monopoly is becoming real with vrv, since they have both funi and crunchy in their combo pack dealie.
Speaking of which,

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Jackard posted:

Speaking of which,

Do properties keep vanishing and getting brought back?

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Jackard posted:

Speaking of which,

I'm glad there's a Monopoly game that accurately models runaway inflation.

wielder
Feb 16, 2008

"You had best not do that, Avatar!"
Nice news, the original Eureka 7 is getting movie compilations with new scenes. One film per year.

http://www.animatetimes.com/news/details.php?id=1489661880

Announcement:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzfVIGs1w6Q

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Eureka(not) 7.77

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

wielder posted:

Nice news, the original Eureka 7 is getting movie compilations with new scenes. One film per year.

http://www.animatetimes.com/news/details.php?id=1489661880

Announcement:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzfVIGs1w6Q

didn't they already do this and it turned out to be bad

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Gyra_Solune posted:

didn't they already do this and it turned out to be bad

no that was an original movie that was really dark and weird

wielder
Feb 16, 2008

"You had best not do that, Avatar!"

The Colonel posted:

no that was an original movie that was really dark and weird

That was "what if the supporting cast of Eureka 7 was bad and we tried to be meta about the anime industry."

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

After AO and to a lesser extent Pocket Full of Rainbows i'm intrigued but not very optimistic. I'm not sure what this means really either: "3 new theatrical features that are 'neither remake nor remix.' "

But, time will tell and i am curious.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

Not gonna lie, I'm gonna watch it. Not expecting much after AO but I guess AO retconned itself out of existence, so who knows?

Edit: Oh poo poo, the Devilfish is back. Will watch it for that alone.

Edit2: I just remembered that I called that it wasn't going to get another sequel for another decade at least and now I'm 0/3 on this years predictions

Triggerhappypilot fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Mar 17, 2017

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i liked e7 but everything else they have done with the franchise has been dire

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
don't forget this thing

https://myanimelist.net/anime/34776/Eureka_Seven_AO_Final_Episode__One_More_Time_-Lord_Dont_Slow_Me_Down-

everyone else did

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
Oh man, when I was in middle school in Japan, I saw "Smiling Salesman" and it was disturbing as poo poo. Looking forward to what they'll do in this version.

I'm curious about Re:Creators and Sakura Quest, a lot of the rest seems kinda 'meh' so far, unless I'm missing anything particularly intriguing.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

It's super hard to be excited about any eureka seven movie and this is from someone who really likes eureka seven

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

An Eureka Seven movie? Just send me the soundtrack.

• Locked thread