Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i think i gave the shuumatsu books a pretty fair shake, but one of the young girls turned out to be the love interest which killed my interest. the guy is supposed to be their combination teacher and parent, you know? drenching everything in melodrama doesn't make that poo poo okay.

sword oratoria is a spinoff that's mostly about dungeon delving rather than harem hijinks. so, it has a pretty good chance of being better than s1.

i legitimately don't understand what the hell silver guardian is about. all this stuff about tomb raiders and divine power, but also there are evil gamers for some reason? it sounds weird enough that i'll watch an episode or two.

oh hey i wonder what zero kara's deal is... oh. that sure is a deviantart fursona.

definitely watching rage of bahamut based entirely on the strength of the first season. that was a very fun, pretty show and i liked it a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
*half a dozen people go on about how it is pedobait*
grouchio: "gee if everyone is saying this show is pedobait i'll have to give it a try"
*someone quotes one of the posts explaining how it is pedobait*
grouchio: "oh whaaaat? you mean it is pedobait? yep avoiding this one."

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
lol goddamn

"hmm i better read more of this to make absolutely sure it is pedobait"

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
yeah, it just isn't my thing.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there have been so many devilman manga

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i liked e7 but everything else they have done with the franchise has been dire

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
sounds like incest poo poo to me

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
lol at comparing shirou emiya to woodrow wilson completely unironically. grouchio may be so deep on the spectrum that it is like talking to an alien, but sometimes he is also really funny without trying.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
most of those aren't slight variations on the same character so do they even count?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Largepotato posted:

For the same reason that Florence Nightingale is a Berserker.

:japan:

you can't see it, but i'm frowning very hard at this post

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

ViggyNash posted:

The existentially terrifying kind.

that is the fun kind, though

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i hope it gets to the end of the training camp at least, though the following arc is probably too far for just two cours.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Kytrarewn posted:

Not sure whether it's rightfully a spring or winter release- sue me.

The Trinity Seven movie was... awful.

They spent the first ten minutes of the movie recapping the events of the original series, followed by another 30 minutes in which each of the 15 heroines react to each and every occurance, costing about 30 seconds each time. In a movie that's only 55 minutes long, that adds up pretty quick.

Then, they move into the second half where they introduce and attempt to resolve about 20 completely new plot points, all while still trying to give every character approximately equal speaking time, culminating in a battle that was ended by two shots of a fuckoff giant gun and a lot of accompanied whining from the villain.

To top it all off, the music was generally alright, but they would have better served just to reuse Beautiful Sentence as the ED.

Really, just extremely rushed and ineffective, despite their attempt to put in a heartbreaking moment.

I genuinely enjoyed the original series (up until the last episode), but this really didn't work.

a harem show is... bad???

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
is that anime strike?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
a.k.a torrents

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it really is sad how the adaptation for a cell phone game got two big budget seasons dripping with charm and style but berserk ended up as... that.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Space Flower posted:

Well, one of these is a fresh IP with a lot of creative effort put into it and ideas that deserved more than a cheap mobile game, while the other one is just a low-risk retreading of barren grounds. To me, the accomplishments of the former are worth more than Berserk fans' cries of "wahh, now we only have eight other decent but mostly uninspired retellings of the same story we've read twelve times"

one reason why the rage of bahamut anime is good is because it has virtually nothing to do with the terrible mobile game it is based on.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i like everything about that sentence

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if you like that please keep it to yourself

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
you mean i'm going to eventually become a tiger man??? poo poo, for the first time in my life i wish i had avoided spoilers.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
blame is really more post-apocalyptic than cyberpunk anyway

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

Because, sadly, the butt-wrestling manga is not an enormously influential cultural phenomenon that makes mad, mad bank.

i don't even like keijo and i think that is a drat shame

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
uh, if i remember correctly romeo x juliet was kind of pretty but otherwise completely forgettable

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i think she might have more lines than every other character combined by the end if this keeps up.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
rear end in a top hat warlords wanted more land. some of them wanted all of the land. so they engaged in pointless, petty wars until one of them came out on top. a couple hundred years later they have all been whitewashed into virtuous, heroic ancestors. it's not exactly an unusual situation.

i like the sengoku basara version better.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't know anything about grand order, but that spear is terrible.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i have no particular objection to violence and gore in general, but with those cutesy character designs? that seems kinda hosed up.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i can see the resemblance, but thankfully the characters in a&z aren't quite so horrifying. jesus, that thing wants to eat my soul.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Space Flower posted:

i'd let her eat mine

no one is gonna buy that you have a soul. i mean, c'mon dude.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if there is a dub you like of a show and you can't speak japanese, i don't really see the point of watching the sub instead.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it is popular enough that they keep trying but not popular enough to get the ridiculous animation budget necessary to do the manga justice. i wish there were more projects like hellsing ultimate.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i think the appropriate reaction is anything other than hell yeah, actually

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
zombies are mindless reanimated corpses. the girls in sukasuka are obviously revenants.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
chaika was an okay show with a bunch of really good individual scenes, but frederica was definitely the best part.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
lich. regardless of what she calls herself, that's a lich.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
lol you don't know poo poo about liches.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
one, how would you know what happens when a lich bites someone? two, who goes around talking about their phylactery?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

kater posted:

Is that the chunky lady diving show?

yes, and it was good

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
once again, anime is saved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007