Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Spring Season 2017: they don't make it to the basement in this season posted:

My Hero Academia 2 (Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season)
Bones | Nagasaki, Kenji | ... | Action, Comedy, Super Power, School, Shounen | Manga | Apr 1, 2017
The second season of Boku no Hero Academia.
Thread

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria
J.C.Staff | Suzuki, Youhei | ... | Action, Adventure, Fantasy | Light novel | Apr 15, 2017
Sword princess Aiz Wallenstein. Today, once again, the strongest female swordsman heads to the giant labyrinth known as the "Dungeon" along with her allies. On the 50th floor where mysteries and threats such as a decayed dragon's corpse that crumbles to ash and an irregularity that creeps ever closer to the party loom, Aiz calls for the wind and heads deeper into the darkness of the Dungeon. Eventually, she finds herself meeting a boy for the first time. "Um, are you OK?" In the Labyrinth City of Orario, the contrasting stories of the boy and the girl intersect!

Granblue Fantasy The Animation
A-1 Pictures | Itou, Yuuki | Cygames | Fantasy | Game | Apr 2, 2017
This is a world of the skies, where many islands drift in the sky. A boy named Gran and a talking winged lizard named Vyrn lived in Zinkenstill, an island which yields mysteries. One day, they come across a girl named Lyria. Lyria had escaped from the Erste Empire, a military government that is trying to rule over this world using powerful military prowess. In order to escape from the Empire, Gran and Lyria slowly head out into the vast skies, holding the letter Gran's father left behind - which said, "I will be waiting several years from now at Estalucia, Island of Stars".

Attack on Basement Season 2 (Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2)
Wit Studio | Araki, Tetsurou/Koizuka, Masashi | ... | Action, Basements, Drama, Fantasy, Shounen | Manga | Apr 1, 2017
Second season of Shingeki no Kyojin.

Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho
White Fox | Hirakawa, Tetsuo | ... | Action, Fantasy | Light novel | Apr 10, 2017
The "grimoire fantasy" series follows a witch named Zero who is ignorant of the world and a half-beast half-human mercenary who longs to be human. Witches who practice sorcery exist in the world, however, in this era no one knows how about the art and study of witchcraft. Zero is going on a journey to search for a magical tome called "The Book of Zero" that hides a power that can destroy the world. The mercenary travels with her as her guard.
Lots of fantasy shows this season, some I've never heard of before. Zero looks interesting, did anyone read the LN?

What's the Dungeon show about - Tower of Druaga 2017?

quote:

The 7 Deadly Sins (Sin: Nanatsu no Taizai)
TNK | Yoshimoto, Kinji | Suzuki, Masashi | Ecchi, Fantasy | Other | Apr 15, 2017
You, will you be a worshipper of the devil lords? These beautiful lords lead humans to the seven deadly sins: pride, envy, wrath, sloth, greed, gluttony, and lust. A revealing fantasy that craves to corruption and happiness starts now.
Didn't this already come out on Netflix?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

^^^^ :jerry:

Guy Goodbody posted:

Are you thinking about The Seven Deadly Sins?
Uhhhhhhh. Is this something else with the exact same name?

e: oh god

Jackard fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Mar 14, 2017

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Grouchio posted:

OVERLORD SEASON 2 YEAAAAAAAA~
Where

quote:

Re:Creators
Humans have created many stories. Joy, sadness, anger, deep emotion. Stories shake our emotions, and fascinate us. However, these are only the thoughts of bystanders. But what if the characters in the story have "intentions"? To them, are we god-like existences for bringing their story into the world? Our world is changed. Mete out punishment upon the realm of the gods. In Re:CREATORS, everyone becomes a Creator.
What a total non-explanation.

Jackard fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Mar 14, 2017

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

I'm picturing something like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwIt5wagRsg

how far off am i

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

I switch to lower quality CR just to make it load faster

:q:

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Yea man it's not like anime is that high-quality in the first place

:grin:

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

El Burbo posted:

I've read what's been translated (not much at all, only a little more than half of volume 1). From that little bit, it gave me some spicy wolf vibes in that it involves bantering travelers slowly building a relationship in medieval fantasy world, though the stakes are more calamitous than the personal drama of spicy wolf. It's deece, I like the Mc tiger dude's attitude toward things, though it's mostly kept in his thoughts. Of course, with 7 volumes out I don't know if the little I read is representative of the whole thing.
Sounds fun!

Davincie posted:

u.nya.is/ogudbk.mp4
Fullmetal Alchemist looking different

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Argona posted:

The anime monopoly is becoming real with vrv, since they have both funi and crunchy in their combo pack dealie.
Speaking of which,

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

chumbler posted:

I am tentatively excited for dungeon show season 2. The first season was fun and the protagonist of this one seems like she could be fun.
Where's the first one?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Oh, its a sequel of that dungeon dating show

The names and descriptions are gibberish so I couldnt tell

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Julias posted:

PV for Made in Abyss, coming Summer 2017

https://youtu.be/MuboGrmPDIg

Not much to go on, but I like the artstyle.
So how Junji Ito is this gonna be?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Good to hear - that map looked a bit lovecraftian, and not the fun kind.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Wasn't a new episode of Granblue Fantasy supposed to come out yesterday? Not seeing it on Crunchyroll.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Blhue posted:

Previously, they showed the first two episodes in advance, the first episode just aired again, so nothing new yet. I didn't rewatch it to see if they improved anything
Oh so theyre going to run a full season? Figured they were just doing some weird slow release thing like Ancient Magus Bride.

RME posted:

gbf anime didnt use djeeta so its bad anyways
what's this

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Do they have different personalities/stories or are they faceless protags?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Ehh maybe they'll have her show up as a cameo

The Colonel posted:

no. she's named djeeta.
:ccp:

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Fangz posted:

Don't tell me the pink wearing female protagonist is called Blue.
Gran is Blue

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

HellCopter posted:

Alice & Zoroku was nice. The guy seems like an interesting character for sure.
Yea I liked the old dude.

lmao

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

El Burbo posted:

I had completely forgotten the Bahamut OP was engrish screamo until season 2s OP reminded me

People always say black or white but the world is so GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
rise up Rise Up RISE UP

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

ViggyNash posted:

Don't be reductive. Arrival begins with the same premise, but it's a totally different story.

Erg posted:

Was arrival good, I want to see a movie about aliens with maybe???? a fun twist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-uGQYEN4jc

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Nitrousoxide posted:

"Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records" has a real dumb name and real dumb costumes but is actually pretty great. I like this substitute teacher.
Heard that show was unwatchable cuz of the dumb rear end in a top hat teacher, did something change?

Jackard fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Apr 28, 2017

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Julias posted:

Next season is gonna own so hard.
The only new show that jumps out is Made in Abyss

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Who is the dude that looks like Dracula

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Noice

I don't really watch Fate, but what summon is he supposed to be?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Cool that hes a spear summon, but why is he holding a drawing compass..?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

:dadjoke:

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Fangz posted:

anime deserves no mercy
:yeah:

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

The Colonel posted:

another heads up that you shouldn't really expect a cute, weird adventure thing with made in abyss, at all, probably don't watch it if you're squeamish

The Colonel posted:

i mean all i hear is that it is way more hosed up than you would probably expect it to be so, just saying, to keep that in mind
hosed up in what way? Like are we talking surreal horror or something else?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Endorph posted:

honorifics aren't nearly as meaningful as people like to pretend they are and their meaning can be communicated via tone and good performances/writing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XooISvoZ_rs

• Locked thread