Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Another season of sequels, a few gems in the rough, and a whole lot of ignorables.

i.e. A "good" season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Dryzen posted:

I just think it's lame to tell someone to not even try to get in to something if there are enough people saying that it might be worth getting in to for anyone

The major point of this subforum is that we are not "enough people". If people want that there are plenty of echo chambers out there to wade in. While we have popularity contests and things, this is a place where different opinions can be expressed so that anyone individually can freely form their own opinion.

I think dissenting opinions should be encouraged and challenged, just as those opinions themselves try to challenge the majority. Discouraging them is what really feels lame.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Dryzen posted:

I agree but my point was more of

It was the contrapositive of the typical "heh its good watch it" statement. Both are weak but have use, especially in a comedy forum. It was a satirical post (opinion me) but man some of you are taking this way too personally.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

well arent those just the silliest hats

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

A month into Spring Season, here's my quick wrap-up of shows I've sampled without threads:

Armed Girl's Machiavellism - There was a non-zero chance that this could have been an excellent concept with great execution, but yea not today.

toothbrush.gif Season "2" - Only interesting when the viewpoints intersect with what happened in season 1. I find the main elf character terrible, but mostly because my tolerance level for generic slow-developing shounen-esque overpowered main characters is extremely low. I might just fast-forward all the parts with the main character and watch for the neat callbacks to season 1, because so far the pacing feels sluggish.

Renai Boukun/Love Tyrant - I plead the 5th, Your Honor. *gets stabbed in the face by a drive-by yandere*

Boring Girlfriend Season 2 - First season was aiight, this season improves on that to slighty better than aiight.

Sagrada Reset - The spiritual homage to Hyouka, combined with a redo of Beautiful Bones. w/e I'm in.

such moon, much beautiful, wow (i.e. LINE app commercial) - The use of CG background people has increased over the past few seasons, and it's an odd juxtaposition to see them in a character drama that relies so much on environmental mood. Also the characters are so teenage cringy af that it's actually incredible.

WorldEnd - Has potential to be great, but also has potential to become another Magical Girl Raising Project.

Zero kara mahou fo sho - For a concept as edgelord as this, they are executing it almost as perfectly as they could, thus making it an enjoyable watch, but boy it could drop off a cliff at any moment.

edit: bonus review
Re:CREATORS - For a concept as edgelord as this, they are executing it almost as perfectly as they could, thus making it an enjoyable watch, but boy it could drop off a cliff at any moment.

AnacondaHL fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Apr 30, 2017

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Uh it's 2017 can we please raise awareness on the wide range of anims on the Moe Spectrum

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Oh good, at least there's enough data to separate male/female data. I really hope they let people cast multiple votes.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2017/01/27/tiger-bunny-currently-leads-nhks-top-100-anime-online-poll

quote:

Female top 10:
1. "Tiger & Bunny"
2. "Cardcaptor Sakura"
3. "Osomatsu-san"
4. "Joker Game"
5. "Love Live! The School Idol Movie"
6. "Mobile Suit Gundam"
7. "Detective Conan"
8. "PSYCHO-PASS"
9. "Haikyu!!"
10. "Attack on Titan"

Male Top 10:
1. "Puella Magi Madoka Magica"
2. "Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion"
3. "Love Live!" (1st season)
4. "Neon Genesis Evangelion"
5. "Love Live!" (2nd season)
6. "Gintama"
7. "Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2"
8. "Is The Order a Rabbit?"
9. "Legend of the Galactic Heroes"
10. "Revolutionary Girl Utena"

I can't believe people actually liked the rabbit coffee show enough to make it onto the list

edit: erm, are 6. Gintama and 6. Mobile Suit Gundam swapped?

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

yeah we never even finished ranking all the kyoani series, let's go back to that

Results from 2 years ago:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3736714
voting results:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dIUdSpKLLZEZ8VLtL9iK5_dclGCYlwoe8hKxxVuF1Ac

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

my vote

• Locked thread