Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Endorph posted:

https://twitter.com/pKjd/status/840842701159378944

Aoi Yuuki as Kino, replacing Ai Maeda. No mention of studio or director. The director of the original anime passed away in 2013, and A.C.G.T. hasn't made an anime of their own since 2013 (their two anime since, dai-shogun and girls cycling club, were collabs with J.C. Staff,) so those will have replacements as well.

:gizz:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

ViggyNash posted:

The problem with Laughing Salesman is the it isn't clear how we are meant to perceive him. The people he messes with definitely have some hubris, but they are otherwise relatively normal people who stick within society's boundaries. Its only when he enables their hubris that they gently caress themselves over.

We don't know his motivations or desires, and he doesn't work as a force of nature entity either. Hell Girl on the other hand works under a clear set of rules, and its the acknowledge of the nature of these rules that test the morality of each client. As a result, the show is both thematically and mechanically clear and consistent. Neither are clear in Laughing Salesman, so we aren't sure what were watching.

I dunno, seems like a fairly clear Buddhist parable about the dangers of earthly desires, monkey's paw style. It's not very interesting to watch, though, because the outcome is obvious as soon as the situation is established.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Nate RFB posted:

I will silently judge anyone who does not pick Rakugo, even if the excuse is they haven't seen it yet.

For me Rakugo was a series I looked forward to for the excellence of the craft rather than for the story being told. It's a sublimely told story, I just didn't care for the characters or the plot.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Davincie posted:

Seikaisuru Kado was pretty good. best cgi ive seen since (the otherwise horrendous) sky crawlers. interesting plot too, though the scientist girl was a bit annoying. going in blind made the ep 00 ending a real surprise!

Yeah, I didn't realize it was cgi until very late in ep 00. It seems decent and characters feel mostly like rational actors rather than just following the demands of the plot.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Re:Creators: Humanity is going to be destroyed because someone found a henty about themselves.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Futaba Anzu posted:

tsugumomo had moments of good fighting in it but it'll only be until ep 3 next week before i can make a decision that it's actually good because that was the first oh drat this battle is actually good moment in the manga

Fight scene was good and it was funny enough, so I'll probably stick with it.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Mirage posted:

Tsugumomo COULD continue to be okay, even if it continues into later-manga territory, because the story doesn't actually require all the awful stuff. It could end up in the Maidragon "adaptation is better than the source" category ... if they care enough.

Yeah, if there's a need to bail later on, then I'll bail later on, but for now I'm enjoying it.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

ViggyNash posted:

e: Oh god I just noticed that it's being directed by Seiji Kishi and my mind is in turmoil. He's basically Japan's Shyamalan but without the rear end-pulling.

He's a null set? :confused:

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

C.M. Kruger posted:

If anything the most unrealistic thing is that there's open space inside the walls and it hasn't been cleared for housing/farming.

It's not a bad idea to have some sources of fresh wood if you need to make repairs/catapults during a siege.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Oreimo also had flashes of good and an actually decent bait and switch on how it would end.

Yeah, and Eromanga is shaping up to have the exact same problem: developing an actual interesting relationship between the MC and one of the girls that just gets chucked out the window because IMOUTO. The author shows signs of being capable of being better, and less (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ inducing, than what he ends up churning out.

• Locked thread