Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

High expectations:
Sakura Quest
Uchouten S2
Shuumatsu
Sakurada Reset
Re:Creators

Sound interesting:
Clockwork Planet
Kabukibu!
Hinako Note
ID-0

Checking because I watched all of the first series:
Saenai Heroine S2
Sword Oratoria

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

By the way isn't Tsuki ga kirei/The Moon is Beautiful a quote from some famous novel? And usually interpreted as the character meaning "I love you" or so?

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

I googled Tsugumono and saw this, so I'm confused

No idea if you found the right thing, but it's "momo" not "mono", for this title.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

I'm surprised the Crunchyroll video quality debacle hasn't been talked about here at all, unless it's in the chat thread.

But the short version is that a few days ago, CR changed their encoding to use a newer (but still ancient) version of x264, and changed the encoding settings to something yielding significantly lower quality. Oddly, the first version uploaded (for playing in their ancient Flash player) is still the same quality as previously, but 48 hours after an episode becomes available, the files are replaced with the new, worse encodes.
Several are recommending to cancel your CR subscription, citing decrease in video quality as the cause.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

I've actually had reasonable stability from CR recently, as long as I use the Win10 app rather than the web player and watch in a single sitting, and have the patience to wait the between 1 and 12 hours it takes before new episodes have been encoded for the app streaming.

Why the gently caress can't they have episodes available for every format right away.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Spiritus Nox posted:

Huh. Not downloadable, are they? I'd like a legal means of having shows I like on my hard drive, but I'm not sure if there's a way for them to do that without making piracy even easier than it already is...

Yeah seems to be buy-to-stream. No download options, just getting access to singular series as long as you want without paying subscription to Crunchyroll.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

I figured out why Senpai didn't want to remember my plan/watch/etc. flags. It stores it in a cookie, and my cookie had hit the 4096 byte limit. Clearing it and starting over solved it.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Watched the first episode of Alice & Zouroku. Story is reasonably interesting, lots of ways it can go. Character designs are very cute. I like the voice of the old man. The CG car scenes are bad but I can live with that.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Laughing Salesman: I like the style of the opening, but the character designs in the actual stories (apart from the titular Moguzo) don't work well for me. The two stories in the first episode weren't anything amazing either, in general stories of hubris tend to be a bit too predictable. Giving it the 3-ep test but not amazingly impressed so far.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Okay Amazon is really trying to power their way into the anime streaming market, they're up to 9 series this season, so far.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Screw their payment model.

I can't figure out what I would actually get access to if I signed up with them. If they can't tell me what I can get, why would I bother even looking?

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Spiritus Nox posted:

Alice&Zokurou

Zouroku

zou roku

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Love Kome was bad, not worth the 4 minutes.

Love Tyrant (Ren'ai Boukun) was okay. Very much dumb reference humor, but it worked well enough for the first episode.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Gyra_Solune posted:

what is this Your Name movie's title in japanese by the by, that's how it's listed most places

"Kimi no na wa." is the title.

It has a few showings over here, which is quite rare for an anime movie that isn't for kids or from Ghibli. Probably going to see it on the 25th.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Dropped the Laughing Salesman after first half of episode 2.

Hinako Notebook is cute. I like the varied outfits. The only concern I have is the MC's "gimmick" of freezing up, I just hope it doesn't get overused.

Sakurada Reset certainly has dull direction yes. Most of the episode was just talking heads in irrelevant situations. The set-up has potential so I'll try to watch at least the first arc out.
(Also why is the official English title "Sagrada"? Nothing about it seems to be sacred/divine, nor does it have any relation to that peculiar church in Barcelona.)

nielsm fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Apr 10, 2017

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Re:Creators: Strong beginning, very much want the next episode soon.

Fukumenkei Noose: I didn't know how much I wanted this. Cool music, I like that they're actually going with out-of-tune singing which really helps underline the "raw" feel they're clearly going for.

Still badly behind on lots of the things I'm looking forward to checking...

kater posted:

Ugh I looked it up after all this noise for s2 and I feel crushed that I was confusing saekano with sankarea. That show was so good.

I thought the Sankarea anime felt like a good setup for things, albeit drawn out, but supposedly the original manga goes to poo poo shortly after or something.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

I hadn't watched the video at first and thought you meant Ebichu.
Now I'm somewhat disappointed, even though I shouldn't be.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

I thought Tsuki ga kirei was pretty, and the storytelling was superb.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

ID-0 is pretty interesting.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

The twist is the guy confessing in the third episode instead of not at all ever.

It's also some funny word play. He says tsuki, moon, trailing off, and she unknowingly completes the famous translation, "yep the moon is beautiful." The real funny part is how he then changes his tsuki into tsukiatte, meaning "let's go out", completing the confession!

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Just got back from watching "Your Name."
It was very good, and Shinkai really did make a decent departure from his usual form, though it was still very recognizable. You can definitely find elements/imagery from all his previous works in it too.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Fukumenkei Noise has gotten into a proper rhythm with episode 3 and is a keeper for me.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

I think this may be the definite prompt to just stop watching Eromanga-sensei...

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

I thought Alice & Zouroku should have a thread

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Still watching Hinako Note. It's okay as a SOL, and I appreciate that everyone gets to wear many different outfits. The core gimmick of "going scarecrow" is sufficiently infrequent to still work when they do use it. Really my main issues with the show are the voices (everyone is whispery/breathy in a really unnatural way), and that both OP and ED don't match the rest of the show in tone at all.

Also caught up on Sword Oratoria, I think I like it more than the main story. In fact, this ought to be the main story and not the side story, since it seems to actually cover the major threats in the world properly.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Grouchio posted:

Are there any comedy shows out this season? I've only been able to stick to watching MHA and Bahamut, and it feels like the disappointments of Re Creators and LWA are draining my enthusiasm.

Eromanga-sensei

Love Tyrant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Kytrarewn posted:

Am I the only person still watching Sagrada Reset? It's been interesting the whole time... but it's getting much moreso.

I couldn't convince myself it'd be worth watching the continuation after the first arc. Almost clicked the episode several times but every time there was something else I'd rather watch.

• Locked thread