Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the fate route is good :twisted: :evil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the part that doesnt seem right is the part where light is white

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Motto posted:

*extremely smug rear end in a top hat voice* yeah it's p good give it a try

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Homura and Sickle posted:

can studio shaft please just make madoka 4 instead
madoka is over. we do not need madoka 4.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

either way, considering how much shaft is still pimping madoka at every oppurtunity, I really doubt they're the ones that are a barrier to more Madoka. Urobuchi has lots of other plates in the air right now so it's easy to imagine he doesn't have time to write more madoka or doesn't have much interest in it at the moment.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Aurora posted:

I'm okay with more Madoka if it means more lesbians
there are shows besides madoka that have lesbians

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

get attached to the symphogear lesbians

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dogsicle posted:

i predict if the godzilla movie is bad, it will be because of urobuchi and not cg

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also the last episode of zesty the x season 2 isn't airing until the end of april 'cause

quote:

BORN TO OUTSOURCE
ANIMATION IS A gently caress
COYOTE RAGTIME SHOW 2006
I AM UFO TABLE MAN
410,757,864,530 DEAD GOD EATER FANS

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

good news for bokuhero s2

quote:

Season 2 will run for two consecutive cours, and to accomodate for that the animation process is fairly ahead this time around. Season 1’s scheduling problems and unevenness shouldn’t repeat themselves, at least not until the final stages. Despite Yoshihiko Umakoshi himself being linked to other upcoming projects, the general climate is much better for the sequel, and BONES are capitalizing on that by getting work done early and allowing much more polish.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

RME posted:

gbf anime didnt use djeeta so its bad anyways

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

nitpicking but romain isn't an animator, but an art director/background designer.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Colonel posted:

he's cool though, he has lots of interesting stuff to share about what it's like working in the industry and living in japan and he regularly interacts with dudes like canipa

and he designed the noise in symphogear, who own

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dogsicle posted:

I'm glad it's not explicitly a fujo targeted thing (yet?), since those have ended up as pretty forgettable shows for me in recent seasons

yuri on ice...

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the setup/characters in Sakura Quest weren't as immediately interesting as shirobako's and I didn't really get a feel for anybody, but the comedy in the back half was amazing and there was some good character animation. Definitely going to keep watching.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Xinder posted:

oh i thought sakura quest was an anime in the sakura clicker series of games so i was avoiding it heavily

if it's actually something good i'll give it a shot
why would you think that

they're a fly-by-night western vn company

how would they get an anime made

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Knorth posted:

Not knowing anything at all about them outside of being clicker games and being bad helps
this still seems like an extremely dumb assumption to make!!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i think it's cool to care about things and show interest in them

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

re:creators had some decent action and i appreciated them just basically jumping headfirst into the premise instead of having a double length first episode of nothing but exposition like fate/zero or something. seems like the black lagoon guy was fairly heavily involved, at least going by the pacing, so hoping we get some really inventive action later - it'd be kind of a shame to have all these disparate powers and just have them run at each other in empty fields.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Space Flower posted:

are worth more than Berserk fans' cries of "wahh, now we only have eight other decent but mostly uninspired retellings of the same story we've read twelve times"
you're a moron. please actually learn anything, about anything, before insulting people who have slightly different wants and desires from you.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Apr 8, 2017

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Your tearing me apart Anime!

oh hey mark

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Space Flower posted:

Uh, I'm sorry? Berserk is cool and I'm invested in its continued success after years/decades like many other people are. It's just that Berserk anime posts have been largely "this show is such a turd! it's soooo bad gahh!! I'm watching it all and I'm gonna watch the 2017 one too", which has an ironic juxtaposition with the "ugh, can't believe people can sit there and play fail aids mobage" angle. That in mind, I wanted to retort after reading about 'these drat cell phone games' again. It wasn't meant to be inflammatory—an earnest post chiming back with something they liked from the new Berserk, highlighting compelling staff that worked on it and brought potential to the show, or talking up the show for having merits in spite of its flaws, would have easily counter-owned me.

Instead, this abruptly vindictive post ??
berserk 2017 sucks hard tho, but people are frustrated by it because it's the only time the material presented in it has been animated, so your post makes no sense. anyway, don't call people whiny babies. peace.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Darth Walrus posted:

Mainly, I'm hoping for more I-IV mechanical designs. The Kataphrakts were probably the best things about Aldnoah Zero.
the best thing in aldnoah zero was the music, but the mech design was pretty strong, yeah.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it's a very human story about guts persisting even in the face of all the horrible poo poo he's been through and managing to forge new bonds even after all his old ones get owned. it's got amazing art and a pretty great cast of characters, with even minor characters who only exist to be support for a single arc getting strong arcs and interesting development. i think it gets a bit too heavyhanded with some of the darker elements sometimes, but it has enough humor and earnest character building moments to balance that out.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Fangz posted:

So it's more about the page to page execution that makes people like it, and not so much the broad narrative arc or the premise/setting?
There's definitely a strong broad narrative arc, but considering the series isn't finished yet and has been on and off hiatus for the past decade, it's hard to comment on it since we don't fully know where it's going. As for the setting, it's kind of fairly standard dark fantasy - though part of that is how influential Berserk was and is on pretty much every fantasy thing to come out of Japan for the past 30 years.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I don't really know what you mean by 'fetishes' since there's some, like, sexual assault and stuff but it's never really presented in a fetish-y way in the manga, it's just dark and horrific and you barely ever see the gritty details minus one scene that is meant to be dragged out and uncomfortable.

Also, yeah, Miura's art is so strong that I don't know if any animated series could fully capture it, no matter how high its production values were.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i think im going to look at them the same way again either way, since they're also never sexualized

and maybe im missing it but i can only really think of three major scenes of sexual assault

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Fangz posted:

Okaaay.
yeah, there's three scenes of sexual assault, and i think one of them is kind of tacky and unnecessary. it's a pretty dark manga that's been running for 30 years, iunno why it touching on that a handful of times is somehow bad in and of itself. it's not like game of thrones where it happens every other episode when the writers run out of ideas or something, or like schlock like goblin slayer where the first chapter is nothing but that.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

guts is a survivor of sexual abuse and this informs his character in a huge way. this is established in the first dozen or so chapters. it makes sense that the series would touch on similar things a few more times, when that's a part of the main character's history and characterization. I said 'only' three because the guy was acting like it happened every other chapter.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I think the bit with the trolls is kind of unnecessary for what is mostly just an arc of Guts and his buddies actually achieving some kind of success for once in their lives, but from what I remember you don't see much of anything and the women get saved so maybe it's also part of the 'hey everything kind of worked out' vibe in a way. The rest of the sex stuff in Berserk is pretty well-handled, imo, Guts's backstory especially. It's integrated really smoothly into his characterization in a way that fleshes him out a lot without feeling hokey or like they're trying to make you feel sorry for him.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

:yikes: is antagonism without commitment, imo

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

eh i found game of thrones way grosser than berserk, mostly just due to how things are written. even in its worst moments i never got the impression berserk was just tacking it on, it at least seemed to be trying to do something with it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kytrarewn posted:

I'll ask you- is it plausible to you, in your fictional/historical dark stuff, that the evil characters say "Oh, I'll murder you in the most slow and agonizing way I can think of, but don't worry, I won't touch your naughty bits"?

yes because it's written by a person who can put in and keep out whatever they want?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

victory gundam was anti-being good

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

when creators do this thing it always kinda ticks me off. it's one thing to say that you didn't personally feel satisfied with what you accomplished with the work but this kind of thing is basically just insulting everyone who found meaning in your work and crying 'oh, what will i do with my five billion yen.'

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i cant believe the 20 year old woman had to say the word penis. what the gently caress is this horrific poo poo.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

some of the gags in oreimo were funny and kuroneko was a good character. shame about the 'cest.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Futaba Anzu posted:

Thank you for the insightful 4chan fact of the day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Blank Construct posted:

i guess i'm missing some context or w/e but the channel the video was on had a super weird title so i'm not going to give it the benefit of the doubt :shrug:
handwringing about the name of a youtube channel is like the least meaningful quibble you could have about this conversation my man

• Locked thread