Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
is it this thing?
because holy hell those tags :stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
probably not much point in making a list since I'm incredibly far behind on everything else I wanted to watch from like 3 previous seasons. The sequels this season are for shows I haven't finished watching the first seasons of, so I'll eventually get around to them but probably not for a while, so Kabukibu! is the only new full-length show I'm adding.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Guy Goodbody posted:

Somebody google intercrural intercourse and tell me what that is, because I'm not gonna google it

between the thighs

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Guy Goodbody posted:

That sounds like something Catholic teens would do so they could say it wasn't technically sex

Sakurazuka posted:

I mean it's more for gay dudes who aren't into anal but whatever

whynotboth.jpg

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I usually have to watch at whatever the second lowest quality is because my internet is so lovely so whining about bad 1080p streams just makes me lol

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

dogsicle posted:

please watch saiki k., everynyan

I read some of the manga and it was good, I'm not much for comedy so I didn't stick with it but what I read was funny.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Mirage posted:

still kinda wish it was the other ballroom dancing manga though

I wish it was this one

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Relin posted:

summer season is looking preeetty dire. i wonder why they put all the most popular stuff in spring, its not like it lines up with a school break
we need a couple of slower seasons for catching up on all the backlog from the previous really great seasons

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

DisDisDis posted:

I want to "get into" Fate iykwim

which saber is this

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

DisDisDis posted:

Now read Itoshi no Nekkoke

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I played that for like 5 minutes & picked the boy

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Hell Girl is also intensely boring so this salesman thing sounds terrible all around

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
just going back to the previous conversation about Anime Strike it's me I'm the sucker paying $5/mo for it and I agree that it really should be included with prime but Amazon seems to be making prime users pay for extra stuff in general, looking at what they used to offer in the music streaming & kindle sections that you have to pay a subscription for now. I think I'd probably rather have the option to pay a la carte for the stuff I want to use vs having my whole prime sub price jump up to cover all of it but if it went the other direction it might feel like I was getting more free stuff so I dunno. They're getting quite a few of the shows I want to watch so it made sense to go ahead and add it, but I totally agree that their site navigation is rear end and it's virtually impossible to find anything if it's not on the landing page.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

dogsicle posted:

Strike needs to be detached from Prime. I pay for Prime and understand that doesn't really cover all the free stuff you do get, so I'm fine if they want to offer services a la carte. The problem is it's a huge cost for people outside current Prime members and so severely limits accessibility.

I was actually under the impression it was so yeah I can see that being a huge barrier to entry. I thought their new "stations" or whatever were just a thing if you wanted like Showtime or whatever you could just get that but I had obviously not looked into it further.

Will say prime is super nice to have, does it still work where if you go in as a 4-person group you can all get the streaming stuff? I know people used to do that in SAmart all the time.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm saving the new season til I get around to the first one, I watched 3 episodes and thought it was great but it got buried in the backlog and never finished it

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
:chloe:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Lemon-Lime posted:

I was expecting Fukumenkei Noise to be a bad low-budget show given how it looks, but I actually thought the first episode was really good and will have to keep watching.

He's from Rage of Bahamut: Nina Makes Goofy Faces.

oh good he's in something I was planning to watch eventually

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

that's a man who's had some practice putting wieners in his mouth

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I hope this Nihei renaissance results in an English release for Abara at some point. Also while I'm wishing for something a Biomega anime would be awesome. The hero is slightly more emotive than Killy and it gets super weird, it would be a fun ride.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

MrLonghair posted:

Nipple-sumo? Showtime.

still butts

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

dogsicle posted:

what the gently caress

same until I realized it was just a dumbass hot take from grouchio

I hope fanservice shows full of cute guys being gay with each other are the next thing ruining anime

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

chumbler posted:

Tiger and Bunny is like catnip to fujos as far as I know, and it's really good besides, so I'm glad to see it up there.

can confirm

I'll be glad when anime is completely dominated by the fujo market, there will still be plenty of moe but all of cute squishy boys and men in suits needing their smiles protected

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

You say this, but soon the market will splinter, and you won't have the squishy boys and suit men in the same show.

my tastes are diverse so that's ok, just means more shows to watch

hopefully there's room for a show about a club of retired salarymen who just hang out all day together getting into old man shenanigans

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Davincie posted:

make a sequel to something good instead!!!!

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I watch stuff other than anime subbed, because I'd rather watch the original performance regardless of whether I can actually understand any of it. The comparison to me is more like, if I don't speak Japanese what would I be getting out of watching an anime with the original language track *without* subs, which would be very little!

The act of watching something subtitled is very different than watching without, you have to pay closer attention for one thing but also I don't just stay glued to the sub portion of the screen, I just take the info in at a glance and it's not that distracting from the show. Sometimes I watch shows in English with captions on because I miss things, especially if it's in an accent (or the sound levels are bad), and it's very much like watching a sub except I don't have to take it on faith that the captions are accurate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
But aren't a lot of the issues people have with dubs due to editing scripts to fit to lip-flaps better or awkward phrasing on the part of voice actors who are trying to follow mouth animations that don't match what they have to say? I don't think it's entirely fair to discount the connection between the original voice over and the animation and dismiss it entirely as apples and oranges compared to live action performance even though it's true there is a huge difference between them.

• Locked thread