Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Tir McDohl posted:

This is the most predictable thing ever. Holy poo poo that is disappointing.

There's actually a lot more to it than that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

kater posted:

That aot spoiler makes all the earlier spoilers even more stupid and incomprehensible.

It makes more sense in context. It's a bit convoluted, though.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm from Utica and I've never heard of steaming anime before.

Utica? I don't get it.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

What if instead of becoming magical girls, the Madoka girls had played a magical girl themed fantasy MMO, and then got stuck inside the game?

Sounds like Magical Girl Raising Project (especially the second arc).

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
In the second episode of Girl Beats Boys, we learn that the real Hikaru is a whiny brat. I guess Hinako will end up taking his place in the family business in the end.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

The Glumslinger posted:

So I havent paid much attention this season, what would people say is good? Preferably not moe

I'm enjoying MHA season 2 and Kenka Banchou Otome: Girl Beats Boys

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
You know what really needs a mecha anime adaptation? Henry IV/Henry V.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
Looking forward to Centaur's Worries and Fate/Apocrypha.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Space Flower posted:

[*] combat seifuku (re-association of school uniforms with their military origin = ok hand)

Kill la Kill already did this.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Mentat Radnor posted:

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > ADTRW > Summer 2017: It will be great, as long as they don't skip the first chapter.

Fixed. :colbert:

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Relin posted:

i don't know many sjws who support the death penalty for prejudice. if anything the hyperbole is a critique

I didn't read all the chapters, but while the society depicted had strict laws and unwritten rules regarding hate speech, etc., I don't remember any mention of the death penalty.

I didn't get the impression that the author was either fully endorsing or fully criticizing the way the society worked, so much as depicting the way he felt a relatively harmonious society with several ethnic groups of roughly equal sizes and with distinctive appearances would probably work. (It sounds odd to talk about that as if it's a fantasy scenario with no real-world equivalent, but in a way it is.)

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Jun 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I'm not super well-read on it but I thought the controversy with orcs wasn't about whether Tolkein supported orc society or anything but that creating an entire race of creatures that exist to be the murderous villainous bad guys can be read as having some unfortunate implications. Though that could have just been one part of it I suppose.

Tolkien himself came to regret the inherent evilness of orcs because it went against his beliefs regarding free will.

• Locked thread