Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Wow i sure am pranked right now. Prank central over here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Gyra_Solune posted:

i mean, it is by the aldnoah zero studio, directed by the guy whose works include aldnoah.zero, fate/zero, ga-rei zero, and for some reason girls bravo

and well, inevitably, this show is going to draw comparison to Concrete Revolutio, a show that almost had too MUCH depth and struggled to actually present it a little. on a surface level in terms of the action presented, it's the same premise, in that the action has members from a ton of different genres instead of just one. But where Revolutio primarily drew them from the now esotericism of the classics (there's an Ultraman, there's a cross between Tetsujin and Super Sentai, the cyborg cop and Jaguar...okay i'm bad at the classics but I know these concepts are older), and additionally filtered it through a pulpy 80s comic book conspiracy setting, Re:Creators has its entries more derived from the current fare and so doesn't look all that special on the surface. I'm not seeing as much of Aldnoah's 'THIS WILL BE THE ANIME OF THE YEAR' sorta marketing going on but eh

By that logic, Concrete Revolutio was by the director of the first Full Metal Alchemist anime which also wasn't that great in retrospect. Also as an aside there was nothing 80s about ConRevo, it was explicitly set in the 60s to 70s.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

El Burbo posted:

That PV has no new visuals, but don't forget to watch (the last episode of) koyomimonogatari

Watch the rest of it, also. It's fun.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

From what everyone is saying, it's looking like Frame Arms Girls is the best anime of the season

hmmmmmmm

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

kater posted:

tsukigakirai seems legit. looks very nice. im excited for it to slowly do nothing, calmly.

I too hate the moon

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

I hope all the characters are in robot mode as much as possible, I hated how the humans moved in Bubuki.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Mordja posted:

The first season was just the OVAs chopped into episodes, right?

You're thinking of Unicorn. The first season of Thunderbolt was 4 OVAs that were later made into a movie. This is season 2 of the OVAs.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Counterpoint: Amuro likes older women

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

dudermcbrohan posted:

i thought that was kamille

Fa is the same age as Kamille and Four is younger.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

dogsicle posted:

a lot of the dubs people are listing as good itt just copy the voice direction from the original performance. so i mean, it's not like you'd necessarily get an inferior experience. but at that point it kinda makes me question what worth the dub has, as a person who is not incapable of reading subtitles.

Yeah this is how I feel about it too. At best, you get something as good as the original, and often you get something worse. What's the point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

I feel very similarly about IBO S1 and S2. I started with high hopes for both and was let down both times.

• Locked thread