Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i think it's fine if there's a series about consenting sex between an adult woman and a sexy bald monk. which i am going to watch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

In anticipation for the upcoming season, I went ahead and made a small survey to gauge interest in shows for the Spring Seasonal Stream. Sequels and second seasons were (mostly) excluded, and the list may change based on what actually is available in English when it comes time to stream. Scheduling of the streams will come later, when simulcast dates are announced.

This season is super heavy on shows so any/all responses are appreciated and hopefully you can make one of the streams!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Jackard posted:

I'm picturing something like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwIt5wagRsg

how far off am i

there's a PV for it here: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-12-29/re-creators-original-anime-reveals-1st-promo-video-story-full-staff-april-premiere/.110457
it's a genre mashup action show

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i feel like the CR encode stuff has been explored pretty well off-site, and now they've released a sort of statement, but it's def a lovely move. not a good look after what went down with their engineering layoffs, and all this coming after they established their pseudo-monopoly on simulcasts. having not noticed a difference in quality, I wouldn't cancel over it. their increasingly regular downtime (across both the website and apps) could definitely push me away though. this stuff and amazon's dumb anime membership do have me a bit worried for the legal streaming side of things though.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it feels like there's actually very little peak Yuasa in the world to worry about comparing this to, except maybe Mind Game and Tatami. Kaiba is my favorite but definitely flawed, and Ping Pong is in a weird place where it's great but came from an equally great manga and had definite production issues.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Xinder posted:

Speaking of Yuasa, isn't there a movie coming out in early April? Any chance that's getting a legal English release?

he's got two movies coming out this Spring. I doubt they'll come over.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Never read this one, but I will follow Fukuda to hell and back.

the anime adaptation aired last year and was criminally overlooked

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

please watch saiki k., everynyan

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

saiki was and is the better comedy

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

baked animes only

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

how to get into Fate:
- read the VN

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

maybe the person asking about Fate's barrier to entry has an interest in experiencing it, and would appreciate advice along those lines.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Fangz posted:

Sure, you can interpret

as "what is the easiest way to get into Fate, for I who would like to get into Fate no matter what".

I choose to interpret it as "is the difficulty of getting into Fate high or low relative to the value I will probably get out of it", and I think the answer is pretty high, and the value isn't that big.

this is what you should've said, and then proceeded to stop posting

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i also like judging seasons before the preceding ones' shows have even started airing

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

DisDisDis posted:

I'm only interested in his third spear :mrgw:

i don't think his nose is that big

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i predict if the godzilla movie is bad, it will be because of urobuchi and not cg

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

an actual dog posted:

Replace "lately" with "all the time constantly, I think this service was designed to teach me to love pain"

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i managed to get through four episodes of anime today but had to reload them multiple times because they'd randomly stop. they also take a while to actually load if i can even get CR pages of any kind to load.

super close to cancelling my subscription.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the issues only seem to hit me on weekends, and that's the only positive thing i can say about it

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Alright, votes have been tallied and I've got a rough outline of what the seasonal stream will look like. This week was way too full, so a "Reject's Block" of stuff with low vote totals was slotted in for the second stream. Given the simulcast landscape this season is having some shakeups, this is all subject to change as late as the day of the stream.

First Stream - 4:00 PM CST on Sunday, April 9th
Frame Arms Girl
Laughing Salesman NEW
Alice to Zokuroku
Granblue Fantasy
Armed Girls Machiavellianism
Sakura Quest
Boruto
Sagrada Reset
Clockwork Planet
Kabukibu
Rage of Bahamut: Virgin Soul
Re:CREATORS
Eromanga-sensei

Shorts:
Cinderella Girls Gekijou
Kenka Banchou Otome
Room Mate
The sexy monk one

Second Stream - 3:00 PM CST on Saturday, April 15th
Fukumenkei Noise
SukaSuka
Danmachi: Sword Oratoria
Atom: The Beginning
Zero Kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho
The Royal Tutor
LOVE KOME
Renai Boukun
Tsuki ga Kirei
Hinako Note
ID-0 (tentative, due to it being Netflix exclusive)

dogsicle fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Apr 2, 2017

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

and for those interested, here are the vote totals:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Grouchio posted:

So the stream lasts the entire rest of the day after starting?

the 8th will probably last over 4 hours, the 15th is around 3 hours
i didn't list things in the order i intend to show them, but by friday i should have that list finalized so people know when they can pop in or drop out of the stream.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Nitrousoxide posted:

What is this?

looks like a granblue gag comic

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the va for the female protagonist is credited so she has some role in the show.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

hell girl also has like four seasons compared to one ep of new salesman

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Angelic Layer is good, though it suffers from pretty average animation in the action bits.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the next page of posts posted:

AOTS Winter 2017 top spot is already occupied by [some other show], sorry.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

nielsm posted:

Okay Amazon is really trying to power their way into the anime streaming market, they're up to 9 series this season, so far.

technically Sentai is the one negotiating most of the licenses, and just giving Amazon exclusive rights to stream. makes me more wary of then because it gives the feeling they aren't putting in that much work.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

with all the CR bullshit lately I'm glad somebody is stepping in to make sure there's competition, but it's definitely not ideal that you have to pay two more subscriptions to access that stuff on a platform that had been about as transparent in the past as Funimation.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

I'm not really familiar with Amazon's full library but it's not as if CR has a particularly big one and if they start losing the seasonal licensing wars like this, there will definitely be reason to consider Amazon. especially for better video quality and a site that's actually stable. CR needs to pull over more Funimation stuff and maybe focus less on having their own convention.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiCGhzxaHzc

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

a kitten posted:

Is that season 2?

:woop:

it's official. might be a June show but no date/window has been published in English yet afaik

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

Sakura Quest's debut was pretty good. I still don't entirely get all the Shirobako comps it's been getting, but it looks like I could maybe wind up liking it as much as I did Shirobako.

it's a comparison that was made basically based on premise and key art of working adults, totally ignoring tone/content. definitely going to be tiresome if the shows diverge even more.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Davincie posted:

same studio, character design, similar cast, similar humor and so on....

a big part of Shirobako was the inside baseball stuff and how it was educational about the industry. i don't expect Sakura Quest to delve into that angle as hard and hope it doesn't fall victim to unfavorable comparisons because of it. that's mostly why I'd discourage the comparisons/expectations that seem to be weighing it against Shirobako already.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i don't see people compare Iroha and Shirobako much

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

I'm glad it's not explicitly a fujo targeted thing (yet?), since those have ended up as pretty forgettable shows for me in recent seasons

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Endorph posted:

yuri on ice...

gah!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i mean, i was referring to shows like Cheer Boys, B Project, and Marginal#4 which are a far cry from YoI or ACCA

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Sakura Thread AIDS Simulator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

well these posts have ruined the show for me already

• Locked thread