Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

That's fair, but the bit immediately afterwards redeemed it IMHO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Mirage posted:

(... yes fine I kinda like the manga. It's not nearly as incest-creepy as Oreimo, and the MC seems more interested in drawing out his shut-in sister and building a familial relationship with her than anything romantic. Er, so far anyway.)

It seems quite the opposite, far more than Oreimo was straight out of the gate.

E: Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying it, but I'm fairly sure they've mentioned that they aren't blood related at least ten different times along with him ranting about how cute she is.

HerpicleOmnicron5 fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Apr 19, 2017

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

The Royal Tutor is probably my favourite show this season. It's not the best, but the cast are a lot of fun and the VA for the main character is brilliant. First credit as a VA as well according to MAL. Also the OP has a very catchy start.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Its okay, it is not a problem since they aren't blood related. Now it's leaped from the incest genre to the pedo genre!

:suicide:

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

dogsicle posted:

the upside to cg is it can allow for easier animation because you're just moving a consistent and already-made rig. i don't think there's any significant boon in terms of production cost.

It's much cheaper if you can reuse those assets a lot. It's why in Kado the main characters are 3D CG, but many side characters are 2D since it's cheaper to draw a few frames of them than make and rig a whole new model. I might be talking out of my arse if their CG looks as good as 2D though.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Mirage posted:

(And also everybody is a super-successful LN author by the age of 14.)

That'd explain why so much of it is poo poo. Really kinda hoped to see an LN equivalent to Bakuman, instead it's Oreimo cranked up to 11.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

The Colonel posted:

it is literally written by the writer of oreimo

I know, the guy behind Death Note did Bakuman. Those two are nothing like eachother. Oreimo also had flashes of good and an actually decent bait and switch on how it would end.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Grouchio posted:

A third of the season is a date with Gahara.

Also has anyone read the Kakegurui manga? The awesome one about crazy gambling girls?

Yes, it is pretty awesome. Can't wait for the adaptation.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Grouchio posted:

Should we set up a Summer Season thread yet, considering it's 3 weeks away?

Also new Kakegurui PV:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2xJDuM9ZDM

Looks like Netflix picked it up? That kinda blows if that means we wait until its done to see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Wark Say posted:

Wait, Eromanga was good? Wasn't the premise basically "Oreimo 2.0 but about light novels instead of Visual Novels / Erogames"? Or are you trolling? I honestly do not know.

Kater has poo poo taste.

• Locked thread