Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
the twins are good; i liked when they opted not to use armor and then had a transformation sequence anyway. and hating pants is the char designer's entire brand

The show's cg action is pretty fluid and the directing has good ideas for using 3dcg like in a playful moment here where low framecount gives it a cartoony feel. the animated stuff with the humans is good and the two we know so far are two adorable goofs. also, if the ending is an advertisement for the cute cupoches, it's working.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
i hope fa girls continue to kiss

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Darox posted:

Not all of them, but I'm confident that by the end we will have three more ads for nippers and all the girls will kiss Stylet.

Stylet bullying is important, but I was thinking maybe they continue pushing her and Gourai as an item

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
It's a Railgun-esque deal where we get to see both Ais's thoughts and her cool side, and we get a more balanced cast rather than everyone circling the harem protag. Kind of neat to see more of this. But you know... I'll still accept Railgun S3, if you're listening, JC Staff and Dengeki.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Angel Beats, YuYuYu series, and Carnival Phantasm are all fantastic from a directing angle, and framework and energy is the one thing I remember from Hamatora.

ViggyNash posted:

He's basically Japan's Shyamalan but without the rear end-pulling.

but without the 'being a writer' or any of the other attributes that would make this a functioning analogy*

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
ah, they animated the ending to nyaruko?

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Grimoire of Zero seems like a cool adaption. I tried some of the LN translations and manga as a preview and it's nice to see how they changed stuff here—lots of exposition moments being reframed around action as opposed to just sitting and talking. it's a good sign for an anime.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
disagree

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
While we're addressing contentious subjects, I'd like to remind everyone who watched Ai Mai Mi last season: the earth is round, you idiots, you absolute morons

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Nitrousoxide posted:

I can only handle a 3/10 moe rating. Where does that put me?

DisDisDis posted:

Writing in my "Leak To QCS If I Ever Get Owned" dossier on April 19th, 2017 user Nitrousoxide posted a quote loliconics video where a 14 year old girl says "I love penises" repeatedly set to MC Hammer's Hammer Time.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Did someone say YOSAKOI?!?!

the anime is Hanayamata, and it's absolutely a pretty and colorful show

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
the part where the episode is over and kater is staring at a blank monitor

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i think she might have more lines than every other character combined by the end if this keeps up.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
talking and eating just as a thing is more than fine by me, but I think it's weird writing that Meteora has a fully elaborated theory on multidimensional apocalypse based on sensitive wording from Altair. There's no scientific theory involved. It's just "hey people can't fly or use superpowers in this world, but now there are people flying and using magic" and there's no phenomena either observed or recorded that would connect this to a theoretical destabilization of reality.

I don't think I'd have a problem with the exposition if it had been set up logically.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
https://twitter.com/tojinomiko/status/864042923083485184
http://tojinomiko.jp/
Director: Koudai Kakimoto (Cyborg 009: Call of Justice)
Series Composition: Tatsuya Takahashi (Eromanga-sensei, iM@S Cinderella Girls), ex-VN scenario writer who did tons of old Leaf stuff like the first White Album and ToHeart
Studio: Gokumi (YuYuYu, Kinmoza, Saki after S1)
Character Design: Shizuma Yoshinori (Kantai Collection, Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho)

A new original anime project. Rough synopsis translation from MAL:

quote:

There's an evil creature called Aratama that attack people, and group of Miko has been exorcised those creatures using swords since olden times. Those who usually wear uniforms and swords are called Toji, who officially called Tokubetsu Saishi Kitoutai (Special Ritual Maneuver Team) in police association. They are officially approved of having the swords by the government official, but they are female students who attend training schools that only have 5 schools and consists of junior and senior high levels. They normally spend their student life normally, they release special skills with the swords when there's missions to protect people. This spring, there's a competitions for these five schools. Among those girls who train for competition, there's a girl training with a bit stronger feelings than any other girls. Where would the girl with the sword aim?

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
it is an original production as opposed to having source material in another medium, yes.

cool elements:
  • sword-wielding miko (exorcism by the blade, nice)
  • combat seifuku (re-association of school uniforms with their military origin = ok hand)
  • "girls only" premise (could this setup be...)
  • testing each other through the sword (*gaydar pings slightly faster*)
  • Shizuma Yoshinori

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Parallax posted:

who the gently caress out here judging series based on who is doing "series composition"

I'm submitting my MAL review right now

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
9/10. One point subtracted because touhou already invented miko battles

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

super sweet best pal posted:

I'm holding out hope the Granblue anime dedicates an episode to Leowain's imaginary love life.

Maybe if they repurpose their bluray dollars towards more granblue anime. The current season has 14 eps so it should be like, 2 eps each for the next two islands and then 3 for Albion with the Vira/Kat flashback we peeped at in the trailer.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
they should have rd sounds do the OST imo

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

i can see the resemblance, but thankfully the characters in a&z aren't quite so horrifying. jesus, that thing wants to eat my soul.

i'd let her eat mine

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqoYr68QgSk

or a movie for chuu2s

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
https://u.nya.is/mkjmhr.webm

dunk squad

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
how can lebron be better than jordan when he isn't even better than gran

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
if you have actors you really like and their voice is sex in your ears that's reason enough imo, whether they're english or japanese.

personally i'm attached to most jp-lady seiyuu so I'll choose them every time. and then there's the abundance of cute dialects, catchphrases, vocal tics, etc. that makes the sub option much more appealing.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
4kids in a dub

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
yeah, the wait's gonna suck. buy a fidget spinner

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Guy Goodbody posted:

I've really enjoyed the gradual development of Gourai's personality

did you watch the OP this week

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Sindai posted:

I usually skip it so I have no idea what changed

they've been slowly replacing 3dcg in the opening with 2d animation, week by week. could be fully 2d by the end? ?

->
->
->

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
The humans get exclusively 2d animation. Next ep features the girls as humans. I'm alright with this

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
https://u.nya.is/jpuxde.webm

this week's granblue highlight features minoru shiraishi. weiiiiiii

EDIT: no one saw that

Space Flower fucked around with this message at 15:33 on May 28, 2017

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

There Bias Two posted:

The [2nd GabeDrop OVA] is probably the best episode in the whole show as far as I'm concerned. It should have been in the main series.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
the second OVA follows up on all of gabe's tender moments in the show; little stuff peppered throughout the show suggests even if gabe becomes a lazy otaku she'll still be a soft-hearted angel at her core, but it never leads to any substantial character moment for the series

well, this ep does that. it's a cathartic, fitting end to the series. go check it out if you finished the show (the subbed release by Mori is good)

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Davincie posted:

4 shows dont make a season

i count 14 though

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

lich. regardless of what she calls herself, that's a lich.

is it the part where people turn into zombies when she bites them, or her lack of a phylactery, that makes her more of a lich?

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Im not sure you can death flag what was dead on arrival

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Find her phylactery

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Davincie posted:

its the most popular show in every age group for both genders this season

they're right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
the main pair recovering from loss and rebuilding their lives by chasing dreams is good and i support it. it's nice that the show opens up with their motivations for attachment which makes the main theme stick better than it did in oreimo where you were just being led along until you reached the endgame.

also the director is a mad genius for giving Sagiri her own dedicated artist. the amount of character animation she gets every week is crazy, and the cutest

• Locked thread