Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Lucy, I think we can go ahead and still use last season's Natsume thread, if you wouldn't mind linking it in the OP. I'll go ahead and update its OP soon.

Also, it deserves sirens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I'm watching that Red Saber vid, and she seems very good. Her voice seemed familiar - maybe Kero from CCS, I thought, though w/o her usual kansaiben - so I looked it up, and lol it's Sakura.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Space Flower posted:

https://twitter.com/pKjd/status/844429938962944002

what the heck do you sequel. i thought they like, got engaged.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

it's what I asked for

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Guy Goodbody posted:

No it's not. There isn't a single pantyshot in Frame Arms Girl

:boom:

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

dogsicle posted:

I'm glad it's not explicitly a fujo targeted thing (yet?), since those have ended up as pretty forgettable shows for me in recent seasons

ACCA

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

chumbler posted:

I feel this is relevant to the Sakura Quest discussion.

those are real?? :eyepop:

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Alice & Zorak

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

StrixNebulosa posted:

What... is anti-anime?

anti-anime is... anti-action

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
anti-sci-fi

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
anti-comedy

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
anti-martial arts

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
anti-anime is... not from Japan

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
totally expected

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
kid's stuff.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
This discussion has made me remember this chain of posts:

Endorph posted:

i thought berserk was about the inevitably of getting hosed into braindamage

Endorph posted:

is berserk about the horrors of war? it just seems like guts wanders around, kills 100 dudes, and then the black lady gets braindamaged

Endorph posted:

i bingeread berserk and plutonis was right to call me a retard for not liking it

which made me lol at the time, but also, seeing someone who generally has reasonable opinions change her mind made me consider actually reading it someday.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Everything Burrito posted:

just going back to the previous conversation about Anime Strike it's me I'm the sucker paying $5/mo for it and I agree that it really should be included with prime but Amazon seems to be making prime users pay for extra stuff in general, looking at what they used to offer in the music streaming & kindle sections that you have to pay a subscription for now. I think I'd probably rather have the option to pay a la carte for the stuff I want to use vs having my whole prime sub price jump up to cover all of it but if it went the other direction it might feel like I was getting more free stuff so I dunno. They're getting quite a few of the shows I want to watch so it made sense to go ahead and add it, but I totally agree that their site navigation is rear end and it's virtually impossible to find anything if it's not on the landing page.

If I had prime, I'd probably add strike, at least for this season, even with the navigation problems and such folks have brought up, but they'd have to license a lot more anime to get me to pay $160/year for it.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Tonight, I watched Your Name (fantastic) and the first eps of new Bahamut (good, fun), Re:Creators (promising, funny post-credits scene), KADO (boring, all setup, dropped), and... I thought there was something else, but I guess not. Anyways, watching things in that order was a bit disappointing, we would have reversed it had we known.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I literally fell asleep while watching Hinako Note

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
(as I lay in bed with the lights off watching on my tablet, half an hour after I meant to be asleep)

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I watched several first episodes today!

I again fell asleep watching Hinako Note, this time for a refreshing early evening nap. I'll try to finish it off as my bedtime story tonight, I guess. Maybe this is its purpose, to lull me to sleep a few times a week.

Sakura Quest
seems maybe alright. "Yoshi" bugs me, but I see what they're going for and I can get over it, and there were a few funny moments like when she just backs out of the bus and when she smacks the guy with her bag, so I'll keep watching for now.

The Eccentric Family 2
is great, of course. I love the haughty new guy, and I can't wait for everything to come crashing down when Benten returns. The backgrounds are so pretty!

Eromanga Sensei was entertaining, but it's totally going to be trashy. I may or may not watch more.

Alice & Zoroku was a lot of fun. Easily the best non-sequel thing I've seen thus far. It managed to justify its double-length 1st ep for its introductory arc, when normally I find those to be a bit much for a first look at a show.

Love Tyrant is really silly, and dumb. I was entertained, though, so as long as it manages that and I don't forget about it, I'll watch it, sure.

Makeruna!! Aku no Gundan! seems pretty good as a short. It's manga is by Nico's VA, and the ED for the first ep is sung in part by Rin's VA, so I pretty much have to watch it. The ED's really cute, actually, entirely independent of its song.

https://s1.webmshare.com/jQ0ZQ.webm

e: it's cute w/o sound but better with

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Haha, I didn't either, that's great!

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Long-name-show/Sukasuka seems pretty good. Probably going to end up watching it on Sundays with my friend.

Grimoire of Zero was pretty mediocre. A few decent bits, but the writing was really hamfisted. I think I'm done with it unless folks give me reason to do otherwise. Lord, it sounds dumb when he roars.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

RottenK posted:

KADO seems pretty interesting, but the two episodes that are out are pretty much all setup, so I guess the next one will be the one to judge the show.

I judged it on the one: boring and ugly.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

RottenK posted:

thanks goons

i am now interested in watching rage of bahamut

good, it's a lot of fun

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

:agreed:

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Me reading this thread:

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I cured my insomnia last night with the first ~15 minutes or so of Hinako Note ep 2. It's an incredibly powerful show.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
It's the slowest SoL I think I've ever seen. Hinako moves so slowly and her animation is methodical and smooth. It's very soothing, but it's pretty weak on the SoL scale.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

VostokProgram posted:

i heard this thread is where i can get fortification advice? please critique my defenses

gates have more hp than walls, so you should only use them when possible

as a nice bonus, it's more efficient for movement

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
X

e: wait this isn't the chat thread

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Neat. Thanks, Endorph. Different cultures are weird, but cool.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
LL has 3 of the top 10, good list

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
You say this, but soon the market will splinter, and you won't have the squishy boys and suit men in the same show.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Everything Burrito posted:

my tastes are diverse so that's ok, just means more shows to watch

hopefully there's room for a show about a club of retired salarymen who just hang out all day together getting into old man shenanigans

and drinking

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Strange Quark posted:

I checked the Japanese site, and lol they are.

Man, CR also hosed up the order too.

It's way different, yeah. Crunchy's version is what I saw floating around (in en) earlier today, so I'm wondering if whoever did that list screwed up or if they've somehow updated, 'cause it's not just a couple shows different.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
actual rankings for the ladies:
1) Tiger & Bunny
2) Tiger & Bunny The Rising
3) Tiger & Bunny The Beginning
4) Osomatsu-san
5) Joker Game
6) Gintama
7) Card Captor Sakura
8) Code Geass
9) Code Geass R2
10) Haikyuu

and for the gents:
1) Madoka Magica
2) Love Live! S1
3) Love Live! S2
4) Love Live! The School Idol Movie
5) Is the Order a Rabbit?
6) Legend of the Galactic Heroes
7) Girld und Panzer
8) Mobile Suit Gundam
9) Evangelion
10) Gode Geass

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Bahamut, Natsume, and Eccentric Family are all great, but they're also all sequels. It kind of makes the season feel lackluster when there's no great new series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Eromanga's super trashy for sure, but I'm enjoying it. Elf's realization in particular was great this week.

• Locked thread