Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

I'm from the UK, where we have almost zero real wilderness but some vary nice national parks. The main issues imo are overuse in some areas, access to the countryside for the less well off, and some urban areas continued refusal to build densely. Also the vast number of golf courses which somehow count as non-developed land.

If I run for a political position my sole policy will be reclassifying golf courses as brownfield land. Protects the countryside and solves the housing crisis in one go!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Are the Alberta grizzlies genetically distinct from other ones, or is it a recent divide?

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

I did the seven sisters walk yesterday from exceat (overrated, don't bother), but did read something interesting on the noticeboard. After the south downs society or whatever acquired the land at first they just let it grow wild. Within a few decades it was covered in thick scrub and bush despite the exposed position and they decided they didn't like it. So now they conserve the land by grazing and mowing it. I knew they did that Un the peak district but was surprised it happened here. Tbh the route would be improved by some thick coastal bush, that sort of thing is rare in England unlike an open mowed strip of grass.

• Locked thread