Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I wish I could have seen Brie Larson go full Rambo on some monsters though...and rescue Tom Hiddleston.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Godzilla is gonna come to Skull Island to take care of some abomination created by Monarch and we will have him face off against Kong before they team up to fight super monster. 2022 Pacific Rim: Monsters Unleashed ft Godzilla and Kong being sent to the future by aliens...possibly time traveling Capt Kirk to save humanity from Whale Aliens.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

I don't know; we've already seen a pretty big gulf between the two. Kong is isolationist/territorial while Godzilla's international or even global. Kong fights for family, Godzilla is indifferent. Kong is particular, Godzilla universal. Kong is good/godly while Godzilla is demonic - 'beyond good and evil'. Kong's violence is born of desire for balance, Godzilla's violence is born of pure drive, etc.

Oh I got you; the 'trying' part threw me off.

I don't know if Godzillas violence is drive so much as he's referred to as having to bring balance and order in his own move so I'd put Kong as that given he's got more primal instincts vs Godzillas supposedly coming from some kind of mystic supernatural balancing harmony earth balance thing as an equalizer

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Oh here we go. Kongs instincts and nature reflect those of a good primal humanity as a protector and guide for those who are in his charge while Godzilla is a force of nature beyond good and evil and human concepts. It's man vs universe.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Maxwell Lord posted:

I loved that this made it into the movie- that dorky-rear end grin she has is such a nice touch.

Agreed, it's a pretty and natural shot

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I see a Fastball Special in their future...possibly a dwarf toss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

This is good

• Locked thread