Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Movie was good and only got really dumb two or three times which is a miracle for how much happened in it.

Also it really pushed the amount of hosed up poo poo you can get away with in a non R rated movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Karloff posted:

However, the most interesting characters were all the supporting players, whereas as the seemingly romantic leads were as thinly sketched as they possibly could be. Plus, I felt it suffered some times from CG magic camera, the thing that made Gareth Edwards' Godzilla so effective for me is how he kept his camera often in very human spaces (inside office windows, cockpits) which made his monsters seem more viscerally terrifying, massive and awe inspiring. Vogt-Robert's camera spins madly in the air around Kong and is unbound by any sense of physicality which, while it does make for some great fights and awesome imagery, lacked the same power. There's nothing in this film comparable to the Golden Gate sequence in Godzilla 14.

Kong also still isn't as big as Godzilla. As Steve Brule said he's not finished growing!

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
Mothra is an evil blood god not a protector of humanity

Seriously in the first Mothra movie you see them doing some poo poo with blood (briefly) while they worship her and in like every movie she threatens to destroy Japan. Once because they finally find a weapon that can defend them from Godzilla!

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Lobok posted:

Monarch as Gozer worshippers.

*Goziller

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Schwarzwald posted:

I was thinking about how the movie uses the Hollow Earth "hypothesis" in it's setting, and I think I've realized something important:

the "No Real Forests" idea would mesh tremendously well with Kaiju fiction.

so you're saying the amazon is biollante

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Alienwarehouse posted:

Whats the likelihood that we'll get Godzilla Vs. Mechagodzilla after Godzilla Vs. King? :smug:

Lengendary Pictures just needs to go all out.

That's actually Pacific Rim 2, idiot

Also included are jet Jaguar and moguera

• Locked thread