Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?

Mecha Gojira posted:

My favorite bit is when he tries to convince the two nerds that the bird sounds coming from the trees were actually giant tree ants. But after seeing the giant bamboo spider crab and log insect, it's hilariously ambiguous whether or not he's loving with them because it's not out of the realm of possibility on this hosed up island.

Sounds like a bird. But it's a big fuckin ant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
I had a good time at this movie, came away thinking "hey that worked," got home and realized not one thing from it really stood out. I guess what I did like was the really vibrant use of colors, but other than that it was just "good."

IMB
Jan 8, 2005

JonathonSpectre posted:

So I saw this yesterday.

You know how when you watched the Lord of the Rings movies you could just tell that everyone who worked on the project cared deeply about making it good?

This is a movie that NO ONE involved in cared about at all. It wasn't "bad," in that yes, there is a plot, and yes, there are actors, and yes, this is a film that tells a coherent (if very stupid) story. It's worse than bad. It's lifeless. The only reason it exists is, "We need a King Kong movie to set up some other movies." Outside of J.Reilly it seemed like everyone else in the movie spent every scene mainly thinking about how quickly they were going to get off set and spend their check.

To roughly paraphrase the greatest, I hated this movie. Hated hated hated hated hated hated hated it. It should have been called KONG: SKULL ISLAND CONSUMER PRODUCT AND TOY VEHICLE. Its body should have been burned in a trash bin. I'd rather watch two hours of a movie that was straight-up bad due to poor filmmaking, acting, etc. than thirty seconds of this unloved paint-by-numbers slog. I was checking my watch 20 minutes in.

If you haven't seen it yet and are browsing the thread deciding whether or not to see it, don't! Do anything else with your $10. Go buy $10 worth of birdseed and go dump it in a field and watch the birds eat. Donate it to an animal shelter. Have a nice lunch at that new Cuban place. Go buy $10 worth of eggs and just throw them away. Do anything at all with your money besides seeing this.

My only hope for this, uh, film, is that its incredibly egregious, endlessly-repeating use of "iconic" '70s songs over images of Hueys and dudes in olive drab looking bored in those Hueys causes massive public outrage and we can stop seeing this exact same montage in every movie even tangentially related to Vietnam. It happens literally like 4-5 times in this Kong product, to the point that even my 12 year-old nephew was like, "Do you think that they'll play Bohemian Rhapsody later while they are flying away?"

I love nerds who build their entire personality around how much they can talk about things they dislike.

• Locked thread